The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look, she is incredibly wealthy. She worked for little of it. She inherited a great deal. Lucky her and her heirs. She costs more than you think. But it is fine if her subjects are happy with it. Only her taxpayers should have a real opinion.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Nobility

You don't think the Queen works? True she doesn't do physical labour, but being head of state is a job.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Look, she is incredibly wealthy. She worked for little of it. She inherited a great deal. Lucky her and her heirs. She costs more than you think. But it is fine if her subjects are happy with it. Only her taxpayers should have a real opinion.
She has worked for every day for over 60 years. You need to get a real understanding of a monarchy because from your comments you havent a clue

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I know you have the right to be on this forum as much as anyone else, but I don't quite understand what you are doing here.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
C'mon, unnecessary provocative comment, and you know it ...
Old 07-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Hidden expenses make UK monarchy world's most expensive govt institution - YouTube

Reported by RT (Russia Today)
Old 07-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
LOL that is a load of rubbish. British Monarchy is no where near the most expensive institution. For the NHS what that would be pocket change.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I trust that subjects in the UK have better knowledge about this particular topic.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

I trust that subjects in the UK have better knowledge about this particular topic.
Yes we do. This is a quote from the NHS website

Overall, NHS England has a budget of £95.6 billion for 2014

The annual payment to HMQ is £37 million plus security. There is no way that royal security is expensive enough to top that.

Also - from the MI5 web site (an example of another budget!)

The Security Service's budget is paid from the Single Intelligence Account (SIA). ... The SIA will provide £1.9 billion in funding for 2014-15

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Courtier

If the Monarchy was an department it would be the least expensive. We are talking about and insititution that budget is in the millions not billions. Health, Defence and Education budgets for example would be in the billions. The most expensive goverment institution is laughable quite frankly. Even republicans would have to admit it.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

cepe,
It was kind of you to provide information and comparisons. It is up to UK subjects to fund their current glitzy downgraded regime. As for very expensive NHS, there are many horror stories about it.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Los afortunados Duques de Cambridge y los demás Windsor
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Can someone post the youtube clip , Its beyond my technical abilities.

The True Cost of the Royal Family Explained - YouTube

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Sovereign Grant Act: frequently asked questions relating to the Act and on general issues - HM Treasury

Compared to other nations, our Royals are a real bargain with the money to fund them coming entirely from the profit of the Crown Estates.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Nobility

One is not amused: Queen faces £1million bill every year if proposed Labour 'mansion tax' comes into force | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-29-2014, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

This is probably one of the most ridiculous pieces of legislation one has heard of!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:05 AM
Royal Highness

Isn't that a normal tax? My house is also taxed every year for the estimated value on the market. Is that new in the UK?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Can someone post the youtube clip , Its beyond my technical abilities.

The True Cost of the Royal Family Explained - YouTube

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Sovereign Grant Act: frequently asked questions relating to the Act and on general issues - HM Treasury

Compared to other nations, our Royals are a real bargain with the money to fund them coming entirely from the profit of the Crown Estates.
It is not a real bargain because the profits from the Crown Estates, after all owned by the State and therefore by all British citizens, do not flow into the empty wallet of the Chancellor of the Exchequer but to the monarchy. This stream can not be left out of the whole image. Would the profits first go into the general Revenues of the State, and then the Government would assignate an amount of it for the costs of the monarchy, then this was a much clearer image of the true costs.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

If the Monarchy was an department it would be the least expensive. We are talking about and insititution that budget is in the millions not billions. Health, Defence and Education budgets for example would be in the billions. The most expensive goverment institution is laughable quite frankly. Even republicans would have to admit it.
The billions for Education, for Health, for Defence are for the profit of millions of British taxpayers (who paid these billions anyway). The millions for the Monarchy are for the profit of a small and selected group assignated by principle of hereditary succession.

I think Republicans would have a field day with your argument about the billions vs the millions....

Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Isn't that a normal tax? My house is also taxed every year for the estimated value on the market. Is that new in the UK?
No. In the UK, we all pay Council Tax, which is based on the value of the property. In addition, Labour wants to impose a further tax on properties worth more than £2m. This is quite ridiculous as:

1) On acquisition, properties of value in excess of £2m pay stamp duty of 7% of the value of the property to have it registered

2) Pay an annual council tax which is also linked to the value of the property.

This populist, left leaning vote grabber will hit homes in London, where often a largish family apartment or family home can often cost c£2m.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

In my country there are two property taxes as well: the Taxe Foncière on the rental value of the property (Valeur Locative Cadestral) and the Taxe d'Habitation which is paid by, the name already says it, the inhabitants of a property (no matter rented or owned). Als in my country of origin (the Netherlands) these two taxes exist, so it does not really sound outrageous in my ears, to be honest.

Tags
british royal family, civil list, finances