The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Queen gets £6m tax-free pay rise as poll urges her to cut workload:
Queen gets £6m tax-free pay rise as poll urges her to cut workload - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen receives 16pc increase in funding - Telegraph

Queen receives 16pc increase in funding

The Queen has received a “pay rise” of 16 per cent after London’s flourishing prime property market and wind farm developments drove the Crown Estate to record profits

Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Courtier

About time too! I hope they use the extra to get on top of all the work that needs doing at BP and Windsor.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Majesty

As this is to fund the running costs of the Head of State as well as the maintenance I doubt that there will be much more spent no maintenance than there has been in the past.

Given how much there is to do the couple of million extra wouldn't do much anyway - it was 30 million backlog about 5 years ago.

I would prefer to see the palace staff get a pay rise - they haven't had one for about three years.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Gentry

Comparing royal wealth

I wonder how the wealth of the various royal families compare to each other. Since Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc. are all small nations, does the wealth of the royal families there pale in comparison to the royals in England? In watching the weddings of several, they definitely seem much smaller by comparison and I wonder if it is due to less foreign influence or is it due to less money to spend on the wedding? I know the Spanish royal family has been criticized for living lavishly as their country has experienced financial crisis. Are other monarchies more stable financially?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Nobility

^ I find the accusation of the SRF being lavish a bit ridiculous. From what I've heard, the spend the least in all European royal families and we barely see the ladies wearing new jewels or fancy designer clothes.

But I've also read that they have great personal wealth?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I wonder how the wealth of the various royal families compare to each other. Since Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc. are all small nations, does the wealth of the royal families there pale in comparison to the royals in England? In watching the weddings of several, they definitely seem much smaller by comparison and I wonder if it is due to less foreign influence or is it due to less money to spend on the wedding? I know the Spanish royal family has been criticized for living lavishly as their country has experienced financial crisis. Are other monarchies more stable financially?
Here is a list of the 15 Richest Royals in the World: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_richest_royals

Some European Families are on the list but some are not.

Here is a different list. This list has the Richest heads of States in the World: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...t_by_net_worth

Some European Families that are not on the first list (Richest Royals ) are on the second list (Heads of state)

Sweden and Spain are two of the poorest Royals families
Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know how accurate this website is, but here is a list of Rich royals.

Rich Royals

I don't understand how Anne, Andrew and Edward don't have the same net worth...? How do they all acquire different net worths?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Different inheritances from grandparents and great grandparents, different private earnings etc.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I understand the differences between most of the royals but how come William is $19m and Harry $42m?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I understand the differences between most of the royals but how come William is $19m and Harry $42m?
I think the $42m is a mistake. If you click on Harry this comes up:

Investment income and other inheritance make his net worth at £28 million according to the May 2011 Sunday Times’ UK Young Millionaires.Prince William and Prince Harry, joint 11th with individual fortunes of £28m in the category for those aged 30 and under.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Still more than William - I think the whole article needs a ton of salt!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Not well researched. They showed Andrea as Pierre. I saw a different article yesterday that said Charlotte was worth 5.7 billion! I wonder if that includes her island lol.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't think it was an accurate piece of evidence, but it is interesting to read and see how wrong they actually are.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Harry was reported to have received a larger inheritance from the Queen mother (since he probably won't ever be the Duke of Cornwall or monarch), although I don't know if it was that much larger.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Nobility

I am sure adjustments are made for those that are not in direct line to become monarch to assure some amount of financial security. I am sure the same will occur with QE2's other children and grandchildren besides PC & PW. Seems logical. QE's personal jewels that were not inherited for use by the monarch will probable work the same way. That's how the cousins of QE got their family jewels.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry received a large trust fund from Diana's father, the Earl Spencer. I believe Diana agreed to relinquish a substantial share of her father's estate to ensure this.

The Queen Mother's great-grandchildren received an income from a trust while she was still living. After her death, this trust terminated and the remaining principal was distributed to her grandchildren, minus Charles, in equal shares.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
I am sure adjustments are made for those that are not in direct line to become monarch to assure some amount of financial security...
Queen Mary assembled parures of jewels when Albert, Henry and George married for their new wives. That's how these jewels came into the possession of her present descendants today. The Queen has distributed very little of her jewels, most of which will likely pass to the new Sovereign after her death.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

It makes sense for the queen to keep her jewels and lend them out instead of giving them to a specific person. The sovereign to sovereign transfer isn't subject to tax so the collection can be kept together. Margaret's children had to sell most of her stuff to pay the tax bill.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen gets a pay rise to £38m while George Osborne announces £11.5bn in cuts | Royal | News | Daily Express

Waiting for the backlash, what people won't understand is that what The Queen gets paid is entirely dependent on the profits of the Crown Estate. She can't really help it if her staff are doing their job.

Tags
british royal family, civil list, finances