Royal Visits to Ireland and Northern Ireland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness the Duke didn't take a bad tumble!:flowers:

Hopefully the Duke didn't wrench something when this happened- sometimes preventing a fall can be worse than an actual fall itself.

I hope he's well -- one more reminder, sadly, that these two are getting older.

HM looks beautiful as ever in Northern Ireland. I often wonder why she wears the same pearls and earrings every day.

HM looks beautiful as ever in Northern Ireland. I often wonder why she wears the same pearls and earrings every day.

I would imagine that she wears them because she is comfortable in them and she likes them.

BBC News - Duke of Edinburgh arrives in NI

The Duke of Edinburgh has arrived in Northern Ireland for a series of engagements.

Prince Philip met with his award scheme's gold recipients at a ceremony in Hillsborough Castle. About 100 young people were presented with Duke of Edinburgh Gold Awards. The prince started the award scheme in 1956.

It was nice to the Duke make this visit and present the awards.

There has been much talk here in Eire of a Royal Visit from our Island neighbours but these rumours having being flying around for years & years .
A case of wait & see .

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles began a three day visit to Northern Ireland with a
visit to the Agriculture show today, May 12, 2010.

During the visit to the Royal Ulster Agriculture Society at the Kings
Hall, Belfast, he was pictured as he stopped for an ice cream ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga **

Every year without fail i go to the Balmoral Show and always seem to choose the wrong day in regards to royal vists - OK i did see Prince Philip at the Show over 10 years ago now but these past few years ive missed the Queen, Charles (and Camilla a few years back), Anne, Edward and Andrew typical :bang: oh well i would have been more annoyed if it had been the Queen!!!

The show has had quite a few visits by royals especially sicne 2002 and now gets a royal over at least every other year

Great to see Charles though as this event is right up his streak - especially championing local products and food - though maybe not that particular ice-cream van!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pity, PrincessofEurope.. I can imagine how annoying that
must be if you actually had the chance to be there..

Day 2 in Northern Irland has started with a farm visit:

The Prince of Wales during a visit to Barnwell Farm in the Ards
Peninsula, Co Down, May 13, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Pics of Day 3 are included in the updated gallery

- Prince Charles has met Ex RUC officers and their families in
the Royal Ulster Constubulary, George Cross Foundation memorial
gardens at Police Headquarters in Belfast.

Last edited:
David Cameron was asked recently whether he would support a State visit by the Queen to Northern Ireland. He agreed.

If it comes off, it would certainly be a First, and well overdue.

It's the republic she would be making a historic visit to, not Northern Ireland, which she's visited several times.

It's the republic she would be making a historic visit to, not Northern Ireland, which she's visited several times.

So David Cameron agreed to a visit to the Republic of Ireland?

Are there no updates on this?? Was not welcomed in the Republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom