Royal Transportation (land, sea, air)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt if in today's world it is going to be used for pleasure outings by the RF.....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...for-downing-street-royal-yacht-plan-0mq7vhl0c

A source close to the royal household has said that the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge have no interest in what Downing Street is calling a “national flagship” to replace the Royal Yacht Britannia, which was scrapped in 1997.

“No one wants this vessel at the palace,” the source said. “Charles doesn’t want it. William has no interest in it. He has no interest in naval things at all. All this controversy has just put them off even more.

“Will they go on board to promote trade if they’re in the area? Of course. But you won’t get them taking it up to the west coast of Scotland like the Duke of Edinburgh used to.”

This is wiki, however it does have some interesting little details about royal cars since the turn of the 20th century.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_and_royal_cars_of_the_United_Kingdom

‘On the bonnet of each State and Semi-State Cars there is a mount to which a mascot is attached. The mascot used depends on the occupant and the location. Three mascots, which have passed through the family, are frequently seen: St George and the Dragon is seen on the Monarch's car in England; a Lion is seen on the Monarch's car in Scotland; and Britannia is also seen, a mascot used by George V, George VI, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, and Charles III, when he was Prince of Wales. When the car is not on state business, the standard manufacturers' mascot is used.’

Also from Wiki

Like all British state cars, the Bentleys have a mount on the roof for an illuminated coat-of-arms and a pennant, which can be inserted from inside the vehicle. These usually feature the royal coat-of-arms and the Royal Standard respectively, although other symbols can be used for occasions such as a state visit. When carrying the Queen the Bentley "Flying B" bonnet mascot was replaced, either by the Queen's personal mascot of Saint George slaying the dragon made by the artist Edward Seago, or, in Scotland, by a single standing lion. The Bentleys are equipped with flashing blue lights, two within the radiator grille and two mounted on the front bumper. The State Limousines neither have nor require number plates. The Bentleys are painted claret and black, in keeping with all British state vehicles.

Last edited:
The Norwegian Royals when attend to events, they are transported by sea

I had forgotten about the plan for a new royal yacht (or "national flagship") but I see it was canceled by the new government late last year. I'm not very surprised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom