PM charters flight as royals use official RAF Airbus - BBC News

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Majesty

Well, first come, first served.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

And above all, that's not true :

Royal aides hit back at claims Prince Charles 'bumped' Prime Minister off an official plane | London Evening Standard
Old 04-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Heir Force One: When travel plans collide - ITV News
Quote:
It’s been called “Heir rage” and “plane wars” but there appears to be little substance in claims that the Prime Minister was annoyed after Prince Charles “stole” her plane.

It is true, however, that the one RAF jet reserved for royals and senior government ministers could not be in two places at once.

So when the Prime Minister booked her trip this week to Saudi Arabia, Downing Street discovered her plane was already taken.

Prince Charles and Camilla were on it - as they jetted to Romania, Italy and Austria on their Spring tour.
The British press: Prince Charles ''stole'' her plane. Me: It's not her plane.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Gentry

New royal car

In the TV coverage about Prince Philip this morning, I seem to have spotted a new royal car. All I saw was the right side towards the rear with the Queen getting out. It's dark green and I'm thinking Bentley Mulsanne. Might someone know?
Royal transport is an interest of mine so if that's your interest as well please get in touch
Old 05-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristens View Post
In the TV coverage about Prince Philip this morning, I seem to have spotted a new royal car. All I saw was the right side towards the rear with the Queen getting out. It's dark green and I'm thinking Bentley Mulsanne. Might someone know?
Royal transport is an interest of mine so if that's your interest as well please get in touch
It's not new, the Queen has used a Bentley Mulsanne as her private car for at leat met 5 years now , if not more.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess the stories were false which would be no surprise or the sale didn't go well. It was reported last year that the Bentley was up for sale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...le-for-200000/
Old 05-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I guess the stories were false which would be no surprise or the sale didn't go well. It was reported last year that the Bentley was up for sale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...le-for-200000/
Probably replaced with a similar one
Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Gentry

I just imagine an ad like that

Hornby royal train

I hope it's OK to mention modelling of royal transport here. Models of the carriages and locomotives are regularly on Ebay and I'm tempted. As I wouldn't want just a shelf display, there would have to be a layout on which to run it.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Probably replaced with a similar one
Seems odd a queen who is known to be thrifty, would sell a 4 year old car she barely used (was retired for two years when went on sale) just to buy basically an identical car.

But I guess anything is possible.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Gentry

It could be it was a lease. "Back in the day" and when they had the contract, Ford would lease new Lincolns for presidential use at I think $1 a year
Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Seems odd a queen who is known to be thrifty, would sell a 4 year old car she barely used (was retired for two years when went on sale) just to buy basically an identical car.

But I guess anything is possible.
People often replace there cars every two or three years. In her case, her choice of cars is actually quite limited: the Rolls Royce appears rather gauche, leaving you with the Bentley or the Jaguar.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:38 AM
Majesty

"The Queen likes her cars.
Her Majesty isn't required to have a licence, but she learnt to drive during World War II when she operated a first-aid truck for the Women’s Auxillary Territorial Service.
She now has a collection estimated to be worth £10 million, according to online car dealer Car Keys"

http://www.businessinsider.com/queen-car-collection-worth-10-million-2017-5?r=UK&IR=T
Old 05-14-2017, 02:57 AM
Royal Highness

Other members of the family are known to lease cars so they don't sell them and buy new ones, the lease terms mean the car is simply replaced.