The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2018, 11:05 PM
Courtier

It just occurred to me—by living (part of the time, when she’s in Britain, anyway) with Andrew still, Sarah does benefit from his protection detail and only needs paid security when out and about. I wonder if that is part of why they’ve chosen their unconventional living situation. I also wonder if the security already in place at Kensington and St. James are a reason why the Queen chose to allot Beatrice and Eugenie living quarters in those palace complexes, to simplify what they (or, rather, Andrew) need to arrange for in terms of private security.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:52 AM
Gentry

Why wasn’t Sarah offered protection if Diana was offered it after the divorce?

Old 10-19-2018, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diana was the mother of the future King, Sarah wasn't.

That was why Diana was offered accommodation at KP and Sarah wasn't offered any for of accommodation and Diana received a 17 million pound settlement to Sarah's 3 million of which 2 was to go into trust funds for the girls effectively meaning Sarah was given a 1 million pound settlement.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Gentry

I know this isn’t the case now but I was wondering why it used to be that the children of a son of a monarch used to receive 24/7 police protection but they never offered this to children of a daughter of a monarch?
Old 12-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
I know this isn’t the case now but I was wondering why it used to be that the children of a son of a monarch used to receive 24/7 police protection but they never offered this to children of a daughter of a monarch?
I'm assuming it has the same to do with why children of a son of monarch has HRH, but children of a daughter of monarch do not. They were seen as of the paternal family.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:48 AM
Gentry

If in the hypothetical scenario Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had re-married would she have lost her police protection?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If in the hypothetical scenario Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had re-married would she have lost her police protection?
Highly doubtful-she would still have been the mother of the Queen.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Do you think her new Husband would have received police protection as well as he would be the stepfather of the Queen?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Do you think her new Husband would have received police protection as well as he would be the stepfather of the Queen?
I don't think so, unless the threat assessment showed it was necessary. I doubt it would be ongoing.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Gentry

Hi, I know that after her divorce Diana was offered but refused RPO’s. If she had accepted them would they have continued even if she re-married and let’s say moved abroad?
Old 01-18-2019, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Hi, I know that after her divorce Diana was offered but refused RPO’s. If she had accepted them would they have continued even if she re-married and let’s say moved abroad?
I think if she still had RPOs in the UK, but she then had moved abroad she would have been on her own to provide security-RPOs would not have moved with her.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think you're right. I don't see the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard assigning any of their protection officers on a permanent foreign detail.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-18-2019, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Absolutely not. The British taxpayers wouldn't have stood for that either and rightly so. They pay to protect the BRITISH royal family and so should expect them to live in Britain.

I actually believe that if a member of the BRF chooses to go outside the UK for a holiday then they should pay for the security and not expect the British taxpayers to pick up the costs at all but that is just me.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Catherine has had the same PPO for the last 8 years. Emma Probert was with her on her wedding day and was with her today in Scotland.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-London.html

The Queen has been dragged into an extraordinary ‘Project Fear’ row after it emerged that civil servants have drawn up plans to evacuate the Royal Family if a No Deal Brexit causes riots on the streets of London.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Whitehall contingency planners have included among their ‘worst case’ scenarios the need to move the Royals to safe locations away from the capital.

Officials in the Civil Contingencies Secretariat, the Government department responsible for emergency planning, have ‘repurposed’ a secret operation under which the Royals could have been accommodated in various country houses to protect them from enemy forces during the Cold War.

Oh what madness
Old 02-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Nobility

"Plans to evacuate" ? How dramatic. Presumably they'd just hop in a helicopter & go to their country retreats like they do most weekends.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the same...houses in the country? The implication is to some sort of secretive country house like the plans was in WW2 in there was an invasion. Much more likely the Royals would simply stay in their own houses outside of London. There have been marches and protests outside BP before so it would take a lot IMO to cause an evacuation.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

In the news today: the British government is reported to have reactivated old Cold War-era plans to evacuate the Queen and other members of the RF from London to a "secure location" in the event of riots in the capital following a no-deal Brexit.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I thought the same...houses in the country? The implication is to some sort of secretive country house like the plans was in WW2 in there was an invasion. Much more likely the Royals would simply stay in their own houses outside of London. There have been marches and protests outside BP before so it would take a lot IMO to cause an evacuation.

Since they are using Cold War plans, I assume there must be undisclosed safe houses, maybe even bunkers that would be used in the event of a nuclear war as there are in the US. I don't think they are talking about Sandringham or Balmoral here.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:07 AM
Majesty

What a crock! In WW2 the Queen and Margaret were stowed away in Windsor Castle with Crawfie. This time I'm sure they can all have a cosy time at Sandringham for a couple of days. Norfolk is the last place that would have riots!

Tags
british royal family, gloucester, kent, kidnapping, minor hrh, royal security, security, terrorism