The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 AM
Courtier

It just occurred to me—by living (part of the time, when she’s in Britain, anyway) with Andrew still, Sarah does benefit from his protection detail and only needs paid security when out and about. I wonder if that is part of why they’ve chosen their unconventional living situation. I also wonder if the security already in place at Kensington and St. James are a reason why the Queen chose to allot Beatrice and Eugenie living quarters in those palace complexes, to simplify what they (or, rather, Andrew) need to arrange for in terms of private security.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:52 AM
Gentry

Why wasn’t Sarah offered protection if Diana was offered it after the divorce?

Old 10-19-2018, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diana was the mother of the future King, Sarah wasn't.

That was why Diana was offered accommodation at KP and Sarah wasn't offered any for of accommodation and Diana received a 17 million pound settlement to Sarah's 3 million of which 2 was to go into trust funds for the girls effectively meaning Sarah was given a 1 million pound settlement.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Gentry

I know this isn’t the case now but I was wondering why it used to be that the children of a son of a monarch used to receive 24/7 police protection but they never offered this to children of a daughter of a monarch?
Old 12-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_enthusiast View Post
I know this isn’t the case now but I was wondering why it used to be that the children of a son of a monarch used to receive 24/7 police protection but they never offered this to children of a daughter of a monarch?
I'm assuming it has the same to do with why children of a son of monarch has HRH, but children of a daughter of monarch do not. They were seen as of the paternal family.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:48 AM
Gentry

If in the hypothetical scenario Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had re-married would she have lost her police protection?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If in the hypothetical scenario Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had re-married would she have lost her police protection?
Highly doubtful-she would still have been the mother of the Queen.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Gentry

Do you think her new Husband would have received police protection as well as he would be the stepfather of the Queen?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Do you think her new Husband would have received police protection as well as he would be the stepfather of the Queen?
I don't think so, unless the threat assessment showed it was necessary. I doubt it would be ongoing.

Tags
british royal family, gloucester, kent, kidnapping, minor hrh, royal security, security, terrorism