The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philip just likes slipping the leash sometimes. When he was much younger he purchased a green taxi cab so he could travel inconspicuously around London on his own. It's nothing to do with his age or state of health. He undoubtedly gets annoyed with RPOs constantly around.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^And likely he's passed these escape secrets on to his children and grandchildren.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been removed, as they were responses to speculative comments.

Let's try and keep our supposed 'diagnoses' to ourselves until something is confirmed, shall we.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
He undoubtedly gets annoyed with RPOs constantly around.
And foreign police forces. On one trip he refused to ride somewhere in the provided car because the motorcade was too long. He walked instead.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The more I learn about the DoE, the more I realize that this is a man that can easily feel the confines of royal life as very limiting and perhaps other than his own private rooms, has no sense of personal solitude or freedom to go as he pleases and when the opportunity arises, he grabs it. I think this is perhaps why he enjoys carriage driving so much. He's not being driven but driving and in control of where it goes, how fast it goes and when it goes. Its the same feeling that HM gets whenever she gets on a horse.

In a royal fishbowl, you find what you need in different places and in different ways. Makes me realize how fortunate I am to be able to just take off and walk in my woods alone.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

When Prince William attended Ludgrove School, did security wait outside the entire time he was inside doing school lessons?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

From what I've read about royal security and school years is that the protection officers typically are outside the classroom.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen, Kate and Prince Harry's former bodyguards set up private security firm | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 06-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
When Prince William attended Ludgrove School, did security wait outside the entire time he was inside doing school lessons?
Perhaps they sat in and learn something!!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Or they could have taught the students a thing or two!
Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I remember reading that when Charles went to Cambridge his RPO decided to study for his own degree and earnt a 2.1 to Charles 2.2
Old 06-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I remember reading that when Charles went to Cambridge his RPO decided to study for his own degree and earnt a 2.1 to Charles 2.2
Ha! I think I knew that but had forgotten. The RPO got upper second class honours and Charles got lower second class honours. A good reminder that it is unwise to assume that the protection officers are not as intelligent and capable intellectually as their charges. And, of course, the British RF is not known for its intellectual might.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

They're not there to provide gudiance on intellectaul issues, but they need a reasonable basic education to do the job...
Old 09-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen's guard officer is filmed snorting a line of powder off a ceremonial sword | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen is in danger of losing the Guard at Buckingham Palace as the Royal’s elite Foot Guards suffer worst recruitment crisis in their historyÂ* | Daily Mail Online

Tags
british royal family, gloucester, kent, kidnapping, minor hrh, royal security, security, terrorism