The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_night554

Heir Apparent
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex

I took this off another forum since I'm too lazy to type it out myself
On Monday Wills hosted a gathering of representatives from multiple charities he and Harry have ties to. Harry was working at RAF Shawbury, so this time Wills was by himself. The last time they had a meeting for their charities forum, Harry was there by himself, and Wills was at work at RAF Shawbury. Here's the link from the Prince of Wales' website:

The Prince of Wales - The Princes' Charities Forum

And a video of chairman William presiding over the meeting.
YouTube - The Princes' Charities Forum

Is it just my Canadian ears, or do other people find William hard to understand? He seems to speak very quickly. I could understand the other interviewees much more easily.:ermm: I also find Harry easier to understand.

Is it just my Canadian ears, or do other people find William hard to understand? He seems to speak very quickly. I could understand the other interviewees much more easily.:ermm: I also find Harry easier to understand.

I gave up trying to understand William years ago. He needs to be subtitled I think.

I think he just needs to train himself to slow down a little and enunciate a bit more. Perhaps he's just nervous in front of the camera.

So it looks like he had both the Darwin Centre opening and then this event at Clarence House on Monday. Busy day for him! :)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are recognised the world over and they are uniquely placed to help others. The Foundation is the culmination of their charity lives so far and will be the principal vehicle for Their Royal Highnesses' future charitable activities.

The Royal Foundation

Last edited:
Last edited:
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry is now The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry was formerly The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
William, Kate and Harry's foundation raised £4.8 million and handed out £1.3 million in its first year, the accounts show.

Link to the new website for The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
The Royal Foundation

I like the new website - very cohesive and clean. It seems as though they really are trying to harness their influence into focused directions where they can build upon their efforts. Interesting to see their trustees - a close group of trusted advisors.

What a great website. I think it is well done, it is informative and easy to access.

I really like the new website. It's clutter-free and easy to navigate (I can't say much on its' accessibility in terms of screen readers since I don't use them, but from what I can see, there aren't too many graphics to make the site difficult to navigate using something like JAWS). Glad the name now includes Catherine. I know that has been in the works for a while.

A bit more about the foundation and its first year here:

First full year of The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry
The accounts show that The Foundation has spent over £1.3m on charitable activity in this inaugural year of grant-making. The £1.3m spent during 2011 included administering The Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund, identifying and distributing donations to 26 charities on behalf of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Other grants have since been made, and there are plans for future grants – through collaborations and other projects – in the foreseeable future.

The accounts show The Foundation is continuing to build a robust long-term funding base to support projects that draw upon the interests of its Patrons. The growth in income raised in the last financial year includes income from activities related to The Royal Wedding Charitable Gift Fund and the sale of the official Wedding Programme.

For me the name change seems to suggest that it's in fact Catherine who does the actual running of the Foundation on behalf of the Royals. Of course has staff, but at least one out of the three needs to be approachable by the employees. Both William and Harry are working soldiers so it would be difficult for them to do the job properly. of course, important decisions will be made by all of them and minor decisions by staff, but still there needs to be one to coordinate and supervise the actual running of the foundation.

Fo me the name change is the acknowledgement that Catherine in fact is the one working for the Foundation.

Of course this is just speculation, but I really can't see William and Harry doing the job with that little bit of time they have on their hands and I don't believe either, that noone of the three is really involved. That leaves Catherine, who IMHO has always been a good organiser even though she prefers a bit of a backseat when it comes to publizise her efforts.

:previous:
I have to say, that's not the conclusion personally I made from the name change.
The Foundation was up and running before William and Kate's wedding - and William and Harry were both serving officers at the time as well.
To me, the change is acknowledgement Kate will join William and Harry running of the foundation, and perhaps will have more active/visible role.

I like the website and the name change. I'm totally crap at deciphering royal cyphers unless they're really straight forward (like the one in my avi). Is the foundation's cypher an 'r' and an 'f'? Or am I completely wrong?

I like the website and the name change. I'm totally crap at deciphering royal cyphers unless they're really straight forward (like the one in my avi). Is the foundation's cypher an 'r' and an 'f'? Or am I completely wrong?

To me it appears to be a combination of the letters H, W, and C. The base is an 'H' with the loop at the top to incorporate the 'C' and the flourish or swish on the right used to form the 'W'. At least that's what I see. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

To me it appears to be a combination of the letters H, W, and C. The base is an 'H' with the loop at the top to incorporate the 'C' and the flourish or swish on the right used to form the 'W'. At least that's what I see. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Like Excalibur, I first thought it could be a combination of the three Royals' initials, but now I think you got it right, EIIR, it does seem to be a lower case r and f, though not easily recognazible at first glance. Pity that there's no info on the cypher in the website.

Glad I'm not the only one slightly confused by that cypher!

Just been reading through the Foundation's accounts. A few things that are quite interesting:

• Bank of America made a grant to the Foundation, as did several of the media organisations who covered the Royal Wedding.
  • The Foundation made a donation to UNICEF of £25,000 to coincide with the Copenhagen visit.
  • The Polo match in LA raised funds for the American Friends of the Foundation, not the Foundation itself. The Trustees' report describes this event as 'one of the most successful Polo events staged anywhere to date'.
  • The Foundation's share of the funds raised by Gary Barlow's concerts was £166,000 (funds raised were shared with the Prince's Trust).
  • The Foundation will announce a major conservation initiative dealing with sustainable development in the Autumn (Charles's passion for conservation has obviously been passed onto his sons).
  • The Foundation has placed just over £1 million on long-term deposit with Schroders.
  • 3 new members of staff were taken on, bringing the total to 4. One member of staff (presumably the CEO) was paid over £130,000. All staff costs were met via a donation made explicitly for that purpose, so no funds donated to the Foundation were used on staff costs.
I'm probably the only one interested in all this, partly because my job includes assessment of financials.

Glad I'm not the only one slightly confused by that cypher!

I'm probably the only one interested in all this, partly because my job includes assessment of financials.

nope - I was geeky enough to read all of that as well. Its a very interesting and clean structure. As for the staff being underwrote by private donation... wouldnt surprise me if it was William and Harry themselves to keep the foundation squeaky clean of admin costs.

I noticed how lacking the conservation portion was on the website - so interesting that there in a new initative to be announced. I wonder if contributions to Tusk will fall into that category. gets a bit tricky with the patronages and the other foundations (i.e. Sentenbale).

But I do think they have a cohesive message on where they plan to focus their efforts and resources.

Like Excalibur, I first thought it could be a combination of the three Royals' initials, but now I think you got it right, EIIR, it does seem to be a lower case r and f, though not easily recognazible at first glance. Pity that there's no info on the cypher in the website.

I just sent the foundation an email and asked them about the logo. We will see if we get an answer.

They chose wonderful photos for the web pages!

I think it's for Royal Foundation which is what it'll be known by eventually.

I just sent the foundation an email and asked them about the logo. We will see if we get an answer.

They chose wonderful photos for the web pages!

The reply came from the Royal Foundation early this AM. They explained that the name change reflected The Duchess of Cambridge's role as patron. Emmy, from the foundation explained the Duke, Duchess and Prince are "equally involved" in the endeavor.

Furthermore, Emmy of the foundation wrote, "The brand is based on a lower case ‘r’ and ‘f’ to represent the initials of the Royal Foundation with the coronet that is usually seen above TRH’s ciphers, to bring a mixture of both contemporary and traditional elements in the design."

They hope we enjoy visiting the site. :)

Wow, thanks for that AdmirerUS. :)
A very swift response indeed.

The reply came from the Royal Foundation early this AM. They explained that the name change reflected The Duchess of Cambridge's role as patron. Emmy, from the foundation explained the Duke, Duchess and Prince are "equally involved" in the endeavor.

Furthermore, Emmy of the foundation wrote, "The brand is based on a lower case ‘r’ and ‘f’ to represent the initials of the Royal Foundation with the coronet that is usually seen above TRH’s ciphers, to bring a mixture of both contemporary and traditional elements in the design."

They hope we enjoy visiting the site. :)

Thank you, AdmirerUS, for contacting the Foundation to ask the question. Good on you for getting it straight from the horse's mouth as we say.

That has to be the first time in history that I've actually read a cipher correctly.

Thank you, AdmirerUS, for contacting the Foundation to ask the question. Good on you for getting it straight from the horse's mouth as we say.

That has to be the first time in history that I've actually read a cipher correctly.

:clap::clap::clap: I dont know how you saw it - but you did. Congrats

:clap::clap::clap: I dont know how you saw it - but you did. Congrats

You seem almost as surprised as me, Michelle! ;) I think I'll retire from reading ciphers now; quit while I'm ahead. :flowers:

William, Kate and Harry will be attending an event tomorrow at Bacon’s College.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
William, Kate and Harry will attend a sports-themed event at Bacon’s College, London, tomorrow to launch the Coach Core programme.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Coach Core is a joint project between the Royal Foundation and the Greenhouse charity to train 16-19 year olds to be sports coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom