The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

I use the wording of the CC. That has one verb and therefore one event. I have done it that way for ever.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Courtier

This doesn't sound accurate to me

Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

This thread is about Iluvbertie's data and how she has collated it for years and it is down to her how she does it. Consistent approach means yr/yr comparisons are valid.

Mr O'Donovan collects and publishes the data from the Times

And TBH, I collate it as well.

Each to their own.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-31-2015, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Weekly update to 29th January 2015

With the exception of William all the royals who regularly undertake duties have now done so this year. This past week was the busiest of the year so far but still relatively quiet with only 55 for the week. The pace will start to pick up in a week or so when The Queen and Philip leave Sandringham.

HM The Queen - 4 (2 – up 2 – 3.0%)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 2 (0 – up 2 – 1.5%)
HRH The Prince of Wales – 32 (15 – up 17 – 24.0%)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 12 (5 – up 7 – 9.0%)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0 (0 – no change - 0%)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 4 (4 – no change – 3.0%)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1 (1 – no change – 0.75%)
HRH The Duke of York – 9 (3 – up 6 – 6.8%)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 13 (11 – up 2 – 9.8%)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 10 (7 – up 3 – 7.5%)
HRH The Princess Royal - 28 (20 – up 8 – 21.0%)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 1 (1 – no change – 0.75%)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 2 (1 – up 1 – 1.3%)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 8 (8 – no change – 6.0%)
HRH The Duke of Kent – 5 (0 – up 5 – 3.8%)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 2 (0 – up 2 – 1.5%

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales – 32
HRH The Princess Royal – 28
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 13
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 12
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 10
HRH The Duke of York – 9
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 8
HRH The Duke of Kent – 5
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 4

HM The Queen – 4
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 2
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 2
HRH Princess Alexandra - 2
HRH Prince Henry of Wales – 1

Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 1
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 0

HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 0

HRH The Duchess of Kent – 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 0

Year to date total – 133 (78 – up 55)

83.5% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
41.4% done by the main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry)
4.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
11.3% done by those 70 and above
71.4% are being done by those over 60.
61.6% were done by those in their 60s
50.4% were done by those over retirement age

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to the 29th January, 2015

HM The Queen - 4
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 2
HRH The Prince of Wales - 13
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 6
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1
HRH The Duke of York – 6

HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 9
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 6
HRH The Princess Royal - 12
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 1
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 2
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 4
HRH The Duke of Kent - 3
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Alexandra – 1

Old 01-31-2015, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

FAILURE of British Monarchy Website to UPDATE CC

The weekly failure of the British Monarchy website: 24th, 25th and 26th for a total of 6 engagements

Still missing this year: 10th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd January for a total of 57 engagements.

Yearly total of missing days and engagements: 10 days on which 57 engagements were carried out.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Types of Engagements to 29th January, 2015

This list was developed from the ‘other events’ and ‘other sports’ from last year. They are still there, of course, but this will give a greater range of the types of engagements that the royals undertake.

Afternoon Party
Agricultural Show
Audience
Ballet
Banquet
Briefing
Called Upon
Camp
Carriage Procession
Celebrations
Ceremony - 1
Ceremony of the Keys
Challenge
Church Service
Colloquium
Commemorative Service - 2
Concert - 1
Conference - 3

Council Meeting
Court
Cricket
Decorated
Dedication
Dialogue
Dinner - 9
Exhibition
Festival
Flypast
Football
Forum - 1
Funeral
Gala
Garden Party
Golf
Inspected troops
Invested Individual
Investiture
Laid Wreath
Launched
Lecture
Luncheon - 2

Meeting – 18
Met People
Named
Opened - 10
Other Events - 6 (Befriending Gathering x 2 and Presented Condolences)
Other Sports
Parade - 1
Performance
Pitch at Palace - 1
Polo
Presented Awards - 4
Races
Received - 28
Received Address
Received by
Reception - 14
Recital
Recital
Rededication
Re-enactment
Reflection
Re-opened
Replied to Address
Rowing Races
Rugby
Seminar
State Banquet
State Visit
Summit
Symposium
Tea
Tennis
Took Salute
Toured
Unveiled
Viewed
Visit - 34
Visited by
Was Invested
Old 02-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

The weekly failure of the British Monarchy website: 24th, 25th and 26th for a total of 6 engagements

Still missing this year: 10th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd January for a total of 57 engagements.

Yearly total of missing days and engagements: 10 days on which 57 engagements were carried out.
Twitter sized plea if you care to tweet: @BritishMonarchy Please update Court Circular@ royal.gov: Jan 24, 25, 26, 10, 13, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 Jan. 57 engagements MIA!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:

I get the Times each day - you cannot rely on the Court Circular online (it frequently misses out Friday engagements for instance). Not counting "HRH received so-and-so" engagements the missed engagements were:

10 - none (Zara Phillips at an event in Australia - but not CC material)
13 - The Earl of Wessex held receptions at St James’s Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. The Princess Royal attended the 25th Semex International Dairy Conference at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow.
17 - none
19 - The Duchess of Cambridge attended a coffee morning at Family Friends Kensington (a voluntary organization providing befriending + mentoring services to families in deprived areas of the borough). The Duchess of Cambridge officially opened Kensington Aldridge Academy and Kensington Leisure Centre.
The Duke of Rothesay attended a meeting with New Cumnock Community Groups, at Dumfries House. He later held a meeting of the Prince’s Trust and the Prince’s Trust International.

(also of interest - Queen Máxima of the Netherlands attended the conference 'Financial Inclusion: The Next Move Forward' at the America Square Conference Centre in London.)

20 - The Prince of Wales visited Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK Ltd in Sunderland, and met with pupils from St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School in Newcastle at the Skills Academy. Prince Charles visited the National Citizen Service at Bede Tower, Sunderland, where he met boxer Amir Khan.

The Duchess of Cornwall received Chris Evans at Clarence House, following the launch of BBC Radio 2’s 500 words children’s story-writing competition. In the evening she gave a Military Reception at Clarence House.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex visited the Tomorrow’s People Flower Stall, Coffee Mob and Market Garden at St Anselm’s Church, Kennington, SE11, where the Countess was presented with a cake for her 50th birthday. The Earl and Countess visited the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

The Princess Royal attended a National Olympic Committee Meeting and an Executive Board Meeting at 60 Charlotte Street, London W1. The Duke of York attended a reception for the Canadian Council of Chief Executives on the occasion of the New Year’s Members’ Meeting at the Tower of London. Princess Anne attended a reception at St James’s Palace for Swinfen Charitable Trust. She later held a 40th anniversary dinner at St James’s Palace for Victim Support.

NOT IN THE COURT CIRCULAR - The Queen attended a meeting of the Sandringham WI at West Newton Village Hall.

21 - The Duchess of Cornwall attended the 500 Words Master Class at Weston Park Primary School, London N8.

The Princess Royal visited Neale-Wade Academy in March, Cambridgeshire. Princess Anne opened the renovated Cambridge Fire Station and Hundred Houses Apartments.
The Princess Royal attended the Financing Review Awards Dinner at Grosvenor House Hotel, London W1.

The Earl of Wessex held a meeting of the Commonwealth Games Federation at Buckingham Palace. He also held a meeting of Young Canadians Challenge Charter for Business. The Countess of Wessex chaired a meeting of the Women’s Network Forum.

22 - The Prince of Wales visited the Jain Temple (Oshwal Temple) in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Jainology in the UK. He was given the Ahimsa Award — an award given by the Institute of Jainology in recognition of individuals who show compassion and tolerance towards humanity, animals and the environment. Prince Charles attended a joint concert of the Royal College of Music Chamber Orchestra and Opera Australia at Buckingham Palace, followed by a dinner for Opera Australia.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the Victory Services Club, in Seymour Street, London W2.

The Duke of York attended the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. In the evening he gave a Pitch@Palace at Davos Reception at the Steigenberger Grandhotel Belverdere in Davos. He used the occasion to publically deny the allegations made against him.

The Princess Royal visited Project Search at Bradford Royal Infirmary. Princess Anne visited CarnaudMetalbox Engineering Ltd (CMB) in Shipley, West Yorkshire, and presented The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade. The Princess Royal visited The Carers’ Resource in Shipley.

The Duchess of Gloucester visited the London Society for Blind People and the Lullaby Trust, both at Victoria Charity Centre in London SW1.

The Countess of Wessex held meetings for Women in Business (at the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Office in Belgrave Road, SW1) and for the Charities Forum (at Buckingham Palace).

Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Gentry

Unofficial engagements in January have included:

2 - Prince Harry attended the World Darts Championship at Alexandra Palace, London

6 - Zara Phillips opened the Magic Millions Barrier Draw, Gold Coast, Australia. The prestigious equestrian event takes place on one of Queensland’s most iconic beaches, Surfers’ Paradise. She also attended the Magic Millions Opening Night event

8 - Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence attended the opening night of the Cirque du Soleil’s production of Kooza at the Royal Albert Hall.

9 - Prince Harry signed the book of condolence to the 12 people killed in the terrorist attacks on French magazine Charlie Hebdo at the French Embassy in London.
Zara Phillips attended the Magic Millions Carnival and Raceday at Surfer's Paradise, Queensland, Australia

10 - Zara Phillips attended the Magic Millions Race Day at Surfer's Paradise, Queensland, Australia

20 - The Queen attended a meeting of the Sandringham WI at West Newton Village Hall.

23 - The Earl of St Andrews visited the Japanese Embassy in London for a reception to commemorate the Sasakawa Lectureship Programme for Japanese Studies.

25 - Zara Phillips attended the Heythrop Hunt Point-to-Point at Cocklebarrow Racecourse, Gloucestershire.

28 - Prince Michael of Kent visited the Museum of Army Flying in Middle Wallop, Hampshire.

29 - Prince Harry visited the Royal British Legion’s Battle Back Centre in Lilleshall, in Shropshire.
Prince Michael of Kent attended a Memorial Service for David Wynne OBE at Stowe School, Buckinghamshire.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsterlaird View Post
I get the Times each day - you cannot rely on the Court Circular online (it frequently misses out Friday engagements for instance). Not counting "HRH received so-and-so" engagements the missed engagements were:

10 - none (Zara Phillips at an event in Australia - but not CC material)
13 - The Earl of Wessex held receptions at St James’s Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. The Princess Royal attended the 25th Semex International Dairy Conference at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow.
….
You may not be aware of this but the figures given by Iluvbertie on this thread include the missing days from royal.gov.uk because I send them to her, therefore her figures are complete. I dont post them onto this thread.

My source is the Times as well.

Good to know there is another source.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
You may not be aware of this but the figures given by Iluvbertie on this thread include the missing days from royal.gov.uk because I send them to her, therefore her figures are complete.
Good to know there is another source.
Sorry Cepe I didn't know - but I will continue to monitor the CC in the Times each day.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsterlaird View Post
Sorry Cepe I didn't know - but I will continue to monitor the CC in the Times each day.
no problem! Great to have someone else doing it.

I think there was a mistake in the Times for CC for 30th. They put up engagements for the Wessexes in Finland but these are diaried for tomorrow (2nd Feb). I'm ignoring those for now and waiting to see events for CC 2nd Feb.

this used to be easy!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The first year I did this was 2012 and it was soooooooo easy - with almost no exceptions the dates were there for me every Saturday (Thursday UK would go up Saturday AUS which is why I stop each Thursday.

2013 was no problem either really - a few slip ups.

Then there was 2014 - and the 'new' media set up at BP/CH/KP and it has been a steady decline every since.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 AM

I attend a good few events every year here in Northern Ireland and I know that the Court Circular is regularly full of errors from giving wrong dates to completely missing official events altogether. I have noticed it getting worse by the year!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The first year I did this was 2012 and it was soooooooo easy - with almost no exceptions the dates were there for me every Saturday (Thursday UK would go up Saturday AUS which is why I stop each Thursday.

2013 was no problem either really - a few slip ups.

Then there was 2014 - and the 'new' media set up at BP/CH/KP and it has been a steady decline every since.
I do wish they would get their act together on this one. It ought to not be too complicated.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Weekly update to 5th February, 2015

The main line of the family are now really upping their work rate for the year, with the notable exception of the second in line to the throne who has still not done any official engagements for the year. This was the busiest week so far and with The Queen and Philip expected to return to London this upcoming week they will both step up their workload, especially as the Queen has some of her annual traditional events, such as ‘pricking the names of the Lord Lts – I always love that engagement. The term is a medieval one of course but rather than say ‘identifies, or choose, or appoints,’ as we would today the CC still says ‘pricks’.

HM The Queen - 10 (4 – up 6 – 4.7%)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 5 (2 – up 3 – 2.3%)
HRH The Prince of Wales – 48 (32 – up 16 – 22.4%)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 16 (12 – up 4 – 7.5%)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0 (0 – no change - 0%)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 4 (4 – no change – 1.9%)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 4 (1 – up 3 – 1.9%)
HRH The Duke of York – 20 (9 – up 11 – 9.3%)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 28 (13 – up 15 – 13.1%)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 19 (10 – up 9 – 8.9%)
HRH The Princess Royal - 36 (28 – up 8 – 16.8%)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 2 (1 – up 1 – 0.9%)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 5 (2 – up 3 – 2.3%)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 8 (8 – no change – 3.7%)
HRH The Duke of Kent – 5 (5 – no change – 2.3%)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0 (0 – no change – 0%)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 4 (2 – up 2 – 1.9%)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales – 48
HRH The Princess Royal – 36
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 28
HRH The Duke of York – 20
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 19
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 16
HM The Queen – 10
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 8
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 5
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 5
HRH The Duke of Kent – 5
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 4

HRH Prince Henry of Wales – 4
HRH Princess Alexandra - 4
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 2
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 0

HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 0

HRH The Duchess of Kent – 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 0

Year to date total – 214 (133 – up 81)

86.0% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
40.7% done by the main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry)
7.1% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
13.6% done by those 70 and above
64.0% are being done by those over 60.
52.3% were done by those in their 60s
47.2% were done by those over retirement age

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to the 5th February, 2015

HM The Queen - 7
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 4
HRH The Prince of Wales - 18
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 8
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 3
HRH The Duke of York – 9

HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 13
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 10
HRH The Princess Royal - 16
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 2
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 3
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 4
HRH The Duke of Kent - 3
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Alexandra – 3
Old 02-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

The weekly failure of the British Monarchy website: 5th February for a total of 27 engagements

Still missing this year: 7th, 11th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 25th and 26th January for a total of 61 engagements.

Yearly total of missing days and engagements: 12 days on which 88 engagements were carried out.

As the 5th February was a Thursday I would have expected it to be up by Saturday Sydney time but it may go up a working day later in the UK meaning I won’t see it on the British monarchy website until Tuesday Sydney time – but I am not holding my breath these days.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Types of Engagements to 5th February, 2015

This list was developed from the ‘other events’ and ‘other sports’ from last year. They are still there, of course, but this will give a greater range of the types of engagements that the royals undertake.

Afternoon Party
Agricultural Show
Audience
Ballet
Banquet
Briefing
Called Upon - 2
Camp - 2
Carriage Procession
Celebrations
Ceremony - 3
Ceremony of the Keys
Challenge
Church Service
Colloquium
Commemorative Service - 3
Concert - 2
Conference - 3

Council Meeting
Court
Cricket
Decorated
Dedication
Dialogue
Dinner - 18
Exhibition
Festival
Flypast
Football
Forum - 2
Funeral
Gala
Garden Party
Golf
Inspected troops
Invested Individual
Investiture - 1
Laid Wreath
Launched
Lecture
Luncheon - 3

Meeting – 20
Met People - 2
Named
Opened - 13
Other Events - 10 (Gathering, Training Day, Premiere, Bull Sales)
Other Sports
Parade - 2
Performance
Pitch at Palace - 1
Polo
Presented Awards - 6
Races
Received - 44
Received Address
Received by - 2
Reception - 23
Recital
Recital
Rededication
Re-enactment
Reflection
Re-opened
Replied to Address
Rowing Races
Rugby
Seminar - 1
State Banquet
State Visit
Summit
Symposium
Tea
Tennis
Took Salute
Toured
Unveiled
Viewed - 3
Visit - 59
Visited by
Was Invested
Old 02-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Couple of typos I think:

Message #36 is titled 5th January and it should be February.

HRH The Princess Royal - 26 (28 – up 8 – 16.8%) - think that is 36

Old 02-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Couple of typos I think:

Message #36 is titled 5th January and it should be February.

HRH The Princess Royal - 26 (28 – up 8 – 16.8%) - think that is 36

Thank you - now fixed.