Royal Blackmail Plot: October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States

Report: Pair tried to blackmail British royal - CNN.com

LONDON, England (AP) -- Police have arrested two men over an attempt to blackmail a member of the British royal family with an alleged sex tape, a newspaper reported.

The Sunday Times said the pair had approached the unnamed family member and demanded 50,000 pounds ($100,000) not to publicize a video allegedly showing the royal engaged in a sex act.

i wonder if we'll ever find out who the family member was. i'm guessing it was a minor royal.

I just heard about the blackmail on the radio. I think it stinks that anyone would go that far. They need to be tarred and feathered.

i wonder if we'll ever find out who the family member was. i'm guessing it was a minor royal.

I agree. £ 50,000 is not much (well it's alot for me but not really for them). If it concerned a "major" royal, they would have increased the price, even triple it !

Not senior? Hmmm. Is Edward considered senior? Could be one of the Kent or Gloucester boys.

When I first heard the story Prince Harry sprung to mind for me.

However, now we hear the person is a 'minor' royal I'm guessing Lord Frederik Windsor.:ermm:

I thought Lord Frederick at first but when you think about it he has been out and about at functions since the date of the alledged blackmail looking normal and relaxed and I don't think that would be the case if he had this hanging over him. I havn't seen James Ogilvy or his sister at any functions latley. Could it be something to do with them perhaps?

Not senior? Hmmm. Is Edward considered senior? Could be one of the Kent or Gloucester boys.
I don't think it could be Edward, because he is sort of major since he is the monarch's son, I think it is Lord Frederick Windsor.

I don't think it could be Edward, because he is sort of major since he is the monarch's son

I agree, Edward is a major royal as is the son of the Queen and carries out official engagements etc etc.

Plus, he doesn't strike me to be the sort of person who is involved in sex tapes and drugs!!:lol:

I didn't think of Freddie actually but it makes sense. Note that it's not the Royal who was taking drugs but it was the Royal who was being pleasured by an aide. Now, does Freddie have aides and is the aide in the video a man or a woman? It's only a matter of time before it's on the internet though so we'll find out soon enough.

reddie was my gu
I didn't think of Freddie actually but it makes sense. Note that it's not the Royal who was taking drugs but it was the Royal who was being pleasured by an aide. Now, does Freddie have aides and is the aide in the video a man or a woman? It's only a matter of time before it's on the internet though so we'll find out soon enough.

It could have been one of his parents' aides, or an aide to another family member.

Very true. I mean, I've assumed it's a male aide and my gaydar has always spun whenever I've seen Freddie. I could be very wrong but someone on the radio just mentioned him so it seems most people are jumping to the Freddie conclusion.

Very true. I mean, I've assumed it's a male aide and my gaydar has always spun whenever I've seen Freddie. I could be very wrong but someone on the radio just mentioned him so it seems most people are jumping to the Freddie conclusion.

:lol:
Your comments are very funny BeatrixFan

I won't say that I think Freddie is gay but it has crossed my mind more then once. Now the question is who is this aid and what is their gender. This news is probably a piece of Heaven for the tabloids.

The name will be over the media within a couple of days. The press will be on this like a dog on a bone.

I am thinking Freddie, he is a minor royal, maybe the aide was a friend? And 50K...not a lot of money in the scheme of things...but since that side of the Kents have always cried poor...I am thinking its him.

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Saudi visit to seal ties with UK

Aside from the Freddie thing, the King of Saudi Arabia is coming to London tomorrow. I'll be in Westminster around the time he's due to arrive at BP so I may take a wander over to have a look. Of course this means alot of glitter with a potential tiara outing for Camilla and lots of lovely jewels as gifts from the King - maybe even a few medals.

Yup same here no offense to those who are BTW.

I think almost everyone would consider the Earl of Wessex a senior royal. The first person that came to mind when I found out it was not a senior royal was Lord Frederick Windsor. Not a shocker but I'm sure the Queen is furious about it. Especially right around thier diamond wedding anniversary.

not a hrh the bbc said this morning. The blackmailers, at least one of them is a "socialite". Looking at the headline of the some one the papers today they are eager to find out who it is. Wonder if it will he worth their while to offer money for the information and bear the fine they will have to pay when printing it.

Palace 'No Comment' On Blackmail Plot |Sky News|UK News

BBC NEWS | UK | Royal 'targeted by blackmailers'

As you might imagine, this story is on every news channel - Let the speculation begin! :rolleyes:

I watched the BBC too, apparently one of the blackmailer has ´royal connections´ . The person they wanted to blackmail was according to them ´not even a member of the RF´. And they said the pictures weren´t very clear, you just saw somebody sniffing some powder. They didn´t say who it was though.

just read the dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, they mentioned a sexual act besides the sniffing of powder, their source must be an english newspaper I assume.

I watched the BBC too, apparently one of the blackmailer has ´royal connections´ . The person they wanted to blackmail was according to them ´not even a member of the RF´. And they said the pictures weren´t very clear, you just saw somebody sniffing some powder. They didn´t say who it was though.

I'm betting on Freddie Windsor as well.

Are the police going to arrest the royal member and his or her aide? Having sex may be legal, but blowing coke cannot be.

If the royal being blackmailed is Lord Freddie Windsor then the reports are exaggerative in saying it's a "senior member of the royal family." Lord Freddie isn't even a member of the royal family, junior or senior, period. Then again, the downmarket press always calls Zara & Peter royal, which technically they are not.

I have an opinion about which royal it is, but my opinion won't be liked. I believe it is not Lord Freddie, though. I believe the person being blackmailed, or was almost blackmailed, isn't one of the seemingly "obvious" ones. Some people automatically think Harry because he is such a bad boy type, but I don't think it's Harry either. Not William either. Not Charles, not Philip. Not Edward. Definitely not Anne. Not the Gloucesters, not the Kents. I believe it is either Prince or Princess Michael or is Prince Andrew. I know I will be hated for that statement, though. I expect it.... ;)

I don't know why but I was thinking of Lord Nicholas Windsor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom