The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:48 PM

I think almost everyone would consider the Earl of Wessex a senior royal. The first person that came to mind when I found out it was not a senior royal was Lord Frederick Windsor. Not a shocker but I'm sure the Queen is furious about it. Especially right around thier diamond wedding anniversary.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

not a hrh the bbc said this morning. The blackmailers, at least one of them is a "socialite". Looking at the headline of the some one the papers today they are eager to find out who it is. Wonder if it will he worth their while to offer money for the information and bear the fine they will have to pay when printing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Palace 'No Comment' On Blackmail Plot |Sky News|UK News

BBC NEWS | UK | Royal 'targeted by blackmailers'

As you might imagine, this story is on every news channel - Let the speculation begin!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I watched the BBC too, apparently one of the blackmailer has ´royal connections´ . The person they wanted to blackmail was according to them ´not even a member of the RF´. And they said the pictures weren´t very clear, you just saw somebody sniffing some powder. They didn´t say who it was though.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

just read the dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, they mentioned a sexual act besides the sniffing of powder, their source must be an english newspaper I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I watched the BBC too, apparently one of the blackmailer has ´royal connections´ . The person they wanted to blackmail was according to them ´not even a member of the RF´. And they said the pictures weren´t very clear, you just saw somebody sniffing some powder. They didn´t say who it was though.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

I'm betting on Freddie Windsor as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Socialite named as royal sex and drugs 'blackmailer' | the Daily Mail
Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering why but it is even in
Lord Frederick Windsor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.... it was reported that he had joined the board of the exclusive Soho gay members club Sweet Suite....

that he might be gay (does not mean he is the figure in question, are the 2 crooks well known gays?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I'm betting on Freddie Windsor as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Are the police going to arrest the royal member and his or her aide? Having sex may be legal, but blowing coke cannot be.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

If the royal being blackmailed is Lord Freddie Windsor then the reports are exaggerative in saying it's a "senior member of the royal family." Lord Freddie isn't even a member of the royal family, junior or senior, period. Then again, the downmarket press always calls Zara & Peter royal, which technically they are not.

I have an opinion about which royal it is, but my opinion won't be liked. I believe it is not Lord Freddie, though. I believe the person being blackmailed, or was almost blackmailed, isn't one of the seemingly "obvious" ones. Some people automatically think Harry because he is such a bad boy type, but I don't think it's Harry either. Not William either. Not Charles, not Philip. Not Edward. Definitely not Anne. Not the Gloucesters, not the Kents. I believe it is either Prince or Princess Michael or is Prince Andrew. I know I will be hated for that statement, though. I expect it....
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Nobility

I don't know why but I was thinking of Lord Nicholas Windsor...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

I think it must be someone who is closer to the Throne and more closely related to the Queen than Lord Frederick Windsor. They wouldn't put this much effort into keeping his name out of it, especially since he has already admitted to using cocaine once in the past, and he has been thought of as perhaps not being completely straight. I think perhaps the Royal being blackmailed is Viscount Linley. I thought maybe Prince Andrew - but he is a senior royal, and it is not a senior royal apparently. Apparently Lord Linley is a chief suspect elsewhere on other boards.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
If the royal being blackmailed is Lord Freddie Windsor then the reports are exaggerative in saying it's a "senior member of the royal family." Lord Freddie isn't even a member of the royal family, junior or senior, period. Then again, the downmarket press always calls Zara & Peter royal, which technically they are not.

I have an opinion about which royal it is, but my opinion won't be liked. I believe it is not Lord Freddie, though. I believe the person being blackmailed, or was almost blackmailed, isn't one of the seemingly "obvious" ones. Some people automatically think Harry because he is such a bad boy type, but I don't think it's Harry either. Not William either. Not Charles, not Philip. Not Edward. Definitely not Anne. Not the Gloucesters, not the Kents. I believe it is either Prince or Princess Michael or is Prince Andrew. I know I will be hated for that statement, though. I expect it....
interesting CT...Andrew is a senior and i was wondering why you'd think it was him?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

just for safety sake (legal eyes are going to be watching this one) let's couch our feeling with "allegedly" (learned that on court tv
i'm alledgedly going with freddie also. good lawd those photos on the link show a pair of real winners, geez if i've ever seen a picture of more worthless waste of space it's that first tanned teletubbie- ewww almost lost my breakfast, kinda what my imagination thinks nero looked like in real life, doesn't he look like some kind of roman caesar- all fat and corrupt. the second guy looks like alot of my rich gay friends that live with their mother, well fed and intelligent but weak and kinda pitiful. i'm guessing the first guy was the ringleader (if that's the term to use with this farce) for this "alledged" crime. i only hope it doesn't make the history books like the last instance did 100 years ago- how boring yawn someone did coke yawn someone did a gay sex act yawn yawn yawn for some reason i find discussions on the duchess lastest hat more interesting than this drival- geez you hear blackmail and get all interested then it's not even "juicy" btw does freddie live with his mother?
i have do doubt the papers will print what they uncover (pardon the pun) and happily pay the fine.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

did I miss something? it is NOT a senior member of the RF,that is what they said in the news, NOT a HRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
interesting CT...Andrew is a senior and i was wondering why you'd think it was him?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by izumi View Post
Are the police going to arrest the royal member and his or her aide? Having sex may be legal, but blowing coke cannot be.
They would have a hard time proving that what was on the video was actually cocaine.

I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone being arrested for being on a video and doing drugs. I think they generally only arrest for possession.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

As long as names aren't being named in the press, there's not a lot of point speculating in this thread. Please let's stay away from allegations about illegal activities when we don't even know which royal and which alleged activities are involved in these accusations.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Good point, Elspeth. Ok I will be good. I won't name anyone of my suspects. Honestly, I don't have a particular strong suspicion anyway. I'm sorry about the mistake, though; I misunderstood about the "senior royal". Checking it again, I was wrong; it's not a senior royal. True enough, Prince Andrew can't be the person. But for some reason I don't think it's Freddie either. I don't know why. I just have a feeling it is not him. For one, he's not a royal at all, even junior, and also it just seems too easy to suspect someone that has already had a drug past. People always look at the ones who got in trouble before.... I bet it's a "quiet" one you'd never suspect! You know what they say about the "quiet" ones, right?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
I was wondering why but it is even in
Lord Frederick Windsor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.... it was reported that he had joined the board of the exclusive Soho gay members club Sweet Suite....

that he might be gay (does not mean he is the figure in question, are the 2 crooks well known gays?)
I was referring to his issues in the past with drugs. I have no idea (nor do I particularly care) about his sexual orientation.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Good point, Elspeth. Ok I will be good. I won't name anyone of my suspects. Honestly, I don't have a particular strong suspicion anyway. I'm sorry about the mistake, though; I misunderstood about the "senior royal". Checking it again, I was wrong; it's not a senior royal. True enough, Prince Andrew can't be the person. But for some reason I don't think it's Freddie either. I don't know why. I just have a feeling it is not him. For one, he's not a royal at all, even junior, and also it just seems too easy to suspect someone that has already had a drug past. People always look at the ones who got in trouble before.... I bet it's a "quiet" one you'd never suspect! You know what they say about the "quiet" ones, right?

Yes, and it's always the butler who committed the murder. LOL. Guess some of us have read too many Agatha Christie novels. =) Seriously, I don't guess any of us will ever know who this person is, since the press has decided not to name him. We can guess and surmise, of course, but we just don't know.

Kathy G.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
They would have a hard time proving that what was on the video was actually cocaine.

I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone being arrested for being on a video and doing drugs. I think they generally only arrest for possession.

i'm not familiar with law in the UK but wasn't kate moss arrested after that photo of her appeared in a paper?

Tags
blackmail, scandals