Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Michael outshone them all, imo. And her ensembles were repeats...:D

Well, surely better then the parabolic antenna of yesterday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince and Princess Michael looked absolutely regal :wub::wub::wub: The hat is an absolute perfection. However, I have to admit that the sleeves are a bit overwhelming.
I actually liked a black and white polka dot ensemble worn by Princess Eugenie.

I am sorry..but both York Princesses just do not get it..... <sigh> I know they are both....robust and "healthy" young women...but my God, get some clothes that fit properly!!!

Take a cue from Zara...who, in the past, looked STUNNING at Ascot...

Speaking of Zara, where the heck was she this year? I always look forward to Zara and her wack-a-doo Ascot hats.

Princess Haya looks incredible today. The hat is amazing. :flowers:
The Queens hat is original, she has alot of flowery print.:)
Don't like Eugenie's outfit today. :nonono:
And where is Zara? :nonono:

The Queen is always correct, even in this sort of event where you get to see ANY kind of hats... she's looking excellent for an 83 years old woman.

they said something about her brooch on the news, biggest diamond.. present in 1952 when she became Queen.

Well, they were wrong!! They were talking about the Williamson Pink diamond jonquil brooch, but that was NOT worn today!! ( Actually, they got it wrong every day except when it was the Cullinan V) Today's brooch was the City of London, and does not contain any pink diamonds at all.

:previous: shall I write them or will you :lol: the BBC got it wrong ! :ROFLMAO:

or you simply have a great knowledge that they need......:flowers:

I already wrote yesterday! Obviously, judging by todays errors, they haven't read my message, OR they ignored me!

The Queen looked lovely - new day, new colour. I like all her outfits from this year's Ascot.
Another shock for me - I like what Eugenie is wearing. I honestly lost any hope the York Princesses will ever wear something not from the horror or gardening books, but there you are. The polka dots dress is nice and even the hat was nice (by York standards, it deserves nothing less than 'wonderful' mark though).
Princess Haya looked nice but not spectacular. Nice hat.

Their mother wasn't renowned, by any stretch of the imagination (or perhaps there was too much imagination involved), for her taste in fashion so I'm not much surprised that the York Princesses are dumbfounded by it, also.

Sure, they are healthy young women, and I'm guessing happy, but the loss of a few pounds probably wouldn't go astray either (as is my personal opinion).

Now for Anne. This is the loveliest I've seen the Princess Royal in a long time. The colour and style of both fabrics, the fascinator, the gloves (LOVE the black valvet gloves), and for once a headpiece that actually goes with her hairstyle. From 'one' Madame Royale to another, good work ma'am!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/88564797.jpg

PE has to get full marks from me today. She certainly has the attention of Jake Warren.

Sure let's have Zara give the York girls some fashion tips. She did so much better than Beatrice and Eugenie right from the off. ;)

Zara at Royal Ascot June 17 2003
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Ahh that dress. I sincerly hope B & E don't take a leaf out of Zara's 2003 book. Zara has been stunning at Ascot over the past few years, but I don't like that dress or the rings on top. :)

Princess Haya doesn't have model's figure but she has beautiful face. When she wear hats specially big like this blue and pink she looks amazing. With this hat she should have darker make-up, I think.

Pss Eugenie looks beautiful in this black-white outfit. Even her hat.

The Queen as always in her own Elizabethan's style.

The biggest shock is Princess Anne. What a change.

They were lucky with the weather..What should have happen if it was raining like just now in Danemark.
I don't think the hat's material would support to be wet.
Do you think these ladies ordered 2 hats one if it was sunny and another one if it was raining ??
All the hats I saw were very expensive hats because they were "unique "models made just to be seen at Ascot.

Oh I was really hoping Her Majesty would wear white or royal blue today :) does anyone know whether Elizabeth has had any horses running at ascot? :flowers:

Does anybody know whose carriage Michael Owen was riding in

It is nice to see Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor attending the Ascot. It is a graceful act upon the Ascot organisers' part to let Japanese ladies bend the rules and wear traditional kimonos. I am curious as to why other members of the royal family did not attend the 5th day alongside Her Majesty and Duke of Edinburg.

I don't think most of the rest of the royals are all that keen on the races and many had other engagements as well.

If I remember correctly, HM and Prince Philip were the only British royals at the last day of Ascot in 2008 as well. Perhaps it's understood that the other family members don't go to the Saturday races?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom