Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that has been following George since his birth knows that his interests right now lie in trains, planes, things that go vrooom and dinosaurs. Watching horses go in circles I don't think would be very amusing for him. Maybe after he learns how to place a wager maybe? :whistling:

Yeah, watching him at polo events, he has no attention span for horses. And unlike polo where he could run and play around in the grass, not sure even Gan Gan would be pleased if he did that in the royal enclosure.

It seems the royals don't attend until they are adults, with a maybe a rare exception like Zara. But as even an early teen, she could sit through an event properly, especially since she was passionate about horses.

Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2016

Mary and frederik at ascot!!!

CARRIAGE ONE

The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Argyll
Mr. William Farish

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE TWO

The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Lord Vestey
The Lady Vestey

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE THREE

The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
The Crown Prince of Denmark
The Crown Princess of Denmark

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE FOUR

Duke of Cambridge
Duchess of Cambridge
The Hon. Wentworth Beaumont
The Hon. Mrs. Wentworth Beaumont

Mary and frederik at ascot!!!

CARRIAGE ONE

The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Argyll
Mr. William Farish

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE TWO

The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Lord Vestey
The Lady Vestey

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE THREE

The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
The Crown Princess of Denmark

#RoyalAscot

CARRIAGE FOUR

Duke of Cambridge
Duchess of Cambridge
The Hon. Wentworth Beaumont
The Hon. Mrs. Wentworth Beaumont
I usually don't follow Ascot (more than the fun hats) but is there a reasoning behind who sits in what carriage? Ofc Queen and Phillip is in first, but after that? And the guests in each carriage? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the reason why william and kate never attended ascot? they've attended epsom a couple of times in the past...

what's the reason why william and kate never attended ascot? they've attended epsom a couple of times in the past...

I guess they never found an opening in their schedules to attend since their marriage ;) No, I think their attendance is pretty much part of them stepping up their duties and participation in events. I think it's all leading up to them making the transition to full times duties (likely) next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ascot/status/743068690141188096

Last edited:
Nothing like going to Ascot for getting dressed to the max and looking every bit the royal Duke and Duchess. Will and Kate really seem to be enjoying themselves and the conversation looked quite lively.

William in a top hat is quite dapper and makes me wish that the days when gentlemen dressed like this more often would make a comeback.

Nothing like going to Ascot for getting dressed to the max and looking every bit the royal Duke and Duchess. Will and Kate really seem to be enjoying themselves and the conversation looked quite lively.

William in a top hat is quite dapper and makes me wish that the days when gentlemen dressed like this more often would make a comeback.

I would like to dress up like that, but I think I would the only doing so. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be the only gentleman dressed to the nines.

It's also good to see the Cambridge's back in the company of Frederik and Mary. I wish there would be more opportunities for them to get together.

Last edited:
Mary and Frederik at ascot!!!

... [snipped]CARRIAGE THREE

The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
The Crown Princess of Denmark ... [snipped]
It is nice that European royals are in attendance. Sophie's ensemble is much better today: a well-tailored dress and a whimsical hat. I find Crown Princess Mary's outfit awkward. She has much more elegant outfits in her wardrobe.

Like Prince Andrew, Prince Edward looked great.

Last edited:
I think the Queen looked especially nice today. I love her in soft pastels and her hat was a real treat, very pretty.

Last edited:
What a great surprise to see Frederik and Mary attend.
They both look like they had a great time. And seem to get along great with Edward and Sophiepl
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb2d31eb_WatermarkPreview.jpg
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb2d2422_WatermarkPreview.jpg

With the queen
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb2d212d_WatermarkPreview.jpg

And Frederik in top hat is just so handsome. We know Mary loves horses, she looks beautiful

Article
http://www.svenskdam.se/2016/06/har-gor-kate-och-mary-debut-pa-royal-ascot/
from the article "An invitation*to the Royal*Procession*also means*an invitation to a*private dinner*with Queen*Elizabeth at*Windsor Castle the night before the race day."

Last edited:
Yes, The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh and family entertain guest at Windsor during Ascot week.

Who are the Beaumonts?

LaRae

Wentworth Beaumont is Viscount Annadale. He and his wife are friends of William and Kate and were guests at their wedding. His sister Lucy married Viscount somebody or other just before George was born and Pippa was a guest at the wedding, one of those innumerable weddings the Daily Fail used to film her attending. The Annadales have homes in Northumberland and Yorkshire and are seriously wealthy.

Not being familiar with Ascot what is the patch the ladies are wearing on their shoulders?

It's effectively a named badge to allow entry to the Royal enclosure. Most people when buying tickets will get a tag to attach to their bags/button holes to show where they are allowed to go at Ascot.

I think one year someone didn't wear their badge and they were refused entry to the Royal enclosure. :flowers:

I guess Mary and Frederik are closer to the Wessexes ...

At this point, the couples have known each for at least ten years and met at various social events (i.e. weddings). When Edward attended his Nikolai of Denmark's (his godson) confirmation....both he and Sophie stayed with Fred and Mary.

So, yes they are closer at this point.

Frederik and Mary can be close to both the Wessex's and Cambridge's. It's all down to them getting together more often and getting to know each other better. It also help if the Cambridge's are the ones sent to foreign royal social events.

It's very good to see Frederik and Mary at Royal Ascot.

Last edited:
They are two beautiful future Queen's. I wish they could get together more often.

Frederik and Mary can be close to both the Wessex's and Cambridge's. It's all down to them getting together more often and getting to know each other better. It also help if the Cambridge's are the ones sent to foreign royal social events.

It's very good to see Frederik and Mary at Royal Ascot.

Thanks, Lumutqueen. :flowers:

And agree with you, Dman. It would be nice to see M&F and W&K more often - and indeed with other royals in their age group. I mean, when you are in your thirties and have have children an age difference of fifteen years doesn't matter that much and even less the older you get.

I also believe it would beneficial for W&K to visit and exchange views with other royals on a personal level, despite the different roles the BRF has from Continental royals. Especially because W&K seem to wish to do things markedly differently than the older BRF members and also because (and with all due respect to Prince Charles) they are seen as the de facto CP-couple of Britain, certainly abroad!
Prince Charles is more seen as an interim figure. - And I must emphasize that I'm not talking about his qualities or the order of succession, I'm merely referring to the general view among people. A view I've heard expressed many times in various ways here in DK.

Last edited:
Wentworth Beaumont is Viscount Annadale. He and his wife are friends of William and Kate and were guests at their wedding. His sister Lucy married Viscount somebody or other just before George was born and Pippa was a guest at the wedding, one of those innumerable weddings the Daily Fail used to film her attending. The Annadales have homes in Northumberland and Yorkshire and are seriously wealthy.

Ah ok I recognize the name Annadale.

Thanks!

LaRae

Since (I think) CP Mary outranks Kate (right?)...were there any curtseys?

LaRae

Normally like what Kate wears but she would not have looked out of place going to her own wedding in this outfit and do all of her clothes now have to cost a fortune.

Kate Middleton arrives to the Royal Ascot in a lace D&G dress

Why point out the cost of Kate's outfit when it is no more than the cost of what the other women ( and men) are wearing. The Ascot is a fancy event and the attendees dress to the nines. Unfair to just comment on Kate when she is no different than the rest. Or is this just a comment to pick apart Kate for the sake of unfairly criticizing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom