Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Majesty looked divine.
Love the COW outfit- though a bit less from yesterday.
Camilla wins best dressed today with those rocks!

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 9m
Prince Harry's back at Ascot for Ladies Day. He'll be in the first carriage with the Queen, Prince Philip, and Prince Andrew.

As usual, the Wessex are not in the carriage procession :( I'm not sure if they are going to the races today or not as the Live coverage only shows the procession at the moment. So far the first carriage with the Queen, Prince Philip, Princes Harry & Andrew. Second carriage with the Princess Royal and Princess Beatrice, Sir Timothy Lawrence & Peter Phillips while Princess Eugenie is in the last carriage.

Disappointing as it would be nice to have seen them on their anniversary but I doubt they will go.

The ladies all look lovely again. Love Princess Anne's hat and the color! Love HM's stunning brooch!

Sophie is there today, dressed all in black...Her hat is HUGE. Sophie loves Ladies Day. I feel she was made for this day.

I am not a fan of Eugenie's choice of clothes but I am glad she has her hair up nowadays. I wish Bea would take a leaf out of her sister's book.

Her Majesty wins in the fashion stakes today.

Was late for the first bit, so can only see HM in kind of raspberry pink outfit with the Saskatchewan brooch I think. In the first carriage with her of course is the Duke and also John Warren joins them too.

Interesting caption under the photo of Peter Phillips and Lady Helen taylor:

Quiet chat: The Queen's cousin Lady Helen Taylor chats to her grandson Peter Phillips as they check the form ahead of the opening race on day four at Royal Ascot

Perhaps the journalist should study some basic grammar...:whistling:

And, yes, AdmireUS, that was the Countess of St Andrews.

I'm not normally one to comment on fashion issues - but I think the Queen looks amazing today!
10 years younger possibly??

Both HM and the DoE look and act, at the least, 10 years younger than they actaully are. Besides the longevity gene, good diet and plenty of exercise keeps them healthy.

They say that eventually age catches up to you. These two are always constantly on the go and giving age a run for its money.

I was at Ascot yesterday and I loved every minute of it. It was such a beautiful day weather wise which made the day even better. I saw the Queen and Philip go past in the procession and she waved at us! (Or our general direction but I like to think it was just at us....)

I was at Ascot yesterday and I loved every minute of it. It was such a beautiful day weather wise which made the day even better. I saw the Queen and Philip go past in the procession and she waved at us! (Or our general direction but I like to think it was just at us....)

You lucky one! My parents won't let me come down because of the expense :(

I live 40 minutes from Ascot so it's not too bad. We were only in the Silver Ring as we had never been before so didn't know what to expect. We have decided now though we are going to fork out the extra for the Grandstand next year! We kept seeing people who were going to the Royal Enclosure as they had their name badges on. We were very jealous of them all. It was a really fun day out and it was quite exciting to see the horses race past. You also can't help but get really into it and scream for your horse. It made me think of the when we see the Royals in the Royal Box cheering their horses on - we all do the same thing, we just aren't being photographed doing it!

Nevermind. Saw an old photo and thought it was new.

Last edited:
It was interesting to learn that Queen Elizabeth II's racing colors were adopted from those used by King Edward VII.

It is unclear whether or not Sheikh Hamad bin Abdullah Al-Thani and Sheikha Amna bint Mohammed Al-Thani were promised to ride a carriage with the Queen. It appears that the aforementioned people thought that they would because they sponsored the event. Lady Elizabeth Anson failed to diplomatically diffuse the situation.
I wonder why the Gulf royals sponsor the Royal Ascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom