Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article from the DF:
Sombre Queen leads a minute's silence | Daily Mail Online
Ascot fell silent on the first day of the Royal meeting as a mark of respect following the recent tragic events across the country.

A minute's silence was observed across the racecourse on Tuesday after the arrival of the Queen and the Royal party in the Ascot parade ring in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire and the London and Manchester terror attacks.

Resplendent in a vibrant green outfit, the Queen bowed her head as she and Prince Philip led the minute's silence surrounded by senior members of the royal family.

Loved all the royal ladies today. I particularly liked Beatrice's coat dress. I think that an updo hairstyle would have complimented it much better. JMHO

Goodness! This is the largest group of royals I can remember for Royal Ascot. They all look so lovely. I heard it was very warm today.

Camilla's choker...divine!

The earrings on loan from the Queen to Catherine...love.

Catherine and Sophie and their almost collision....funny and great sense of humors!

Very appropriate to have a minute of silence today as well.

Good that Catherine's parents were there again today. They were in the official royal procession 6 years ago.

Good that Catherine's parents were there again today. They were in the official royal procession 6 years ago.

Other in laws are often in the processions so it's nothing particularly special that they were in it 6 years ago.

I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of photos of everyone else bar Kate. I know the press love her but there are other members of the family. One agency had 258 images of her and 14 of Camilla...

Other in laws are often in the processions so it's nothing particularly special that they were in it 6 years ago.

I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of photos of everyone else bar Kate. I know the press love her but there are other members of the family. One agency had 258 images of her and 14 of Camilla...

Yes, I know that. I was just pointing out that they were in the procession 3 years ago. Just a little correction there.

There should've been more pictures of all the royal guest. Of course the media will picture the future Queen more. That always happens. Catherine, Mary, Victoria, Maxima, Letizia, etc, get more pics. The focus is more on them.

The Cambridge's Present The 2017 King's Stand Presentation-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqcR2ijXg0M

Royal Procession Parade Ring Arrival-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2wfJEhzacU

Last edited:
Yes, I know that. I was just pointing out that they were in the procession 3 years ago. Just a little correction there.

There should've been more pictures of all the royal guest. Of course the media will picture the future Queen more. That always happens. Catherine, Mary, Victoria, Maxima, Letizia, etc, get more pics. The focus is more on them.

Well Camilla is a future Queen (and sooner than Kate will be) and there were 14 images of her versus 200 odd of Kate.

Everyone must have been so hot today in those suits and heavy dresses. I imagine inside the royal box is air conditioned? Did the Queen even come down to the parade ring today apart from when she arrived?

Were any bows or curtseys observed today?

Well Camilla is a future Queen (and sooner than Kate will be) and there were 14 images of her versus 200 odd of Kate.

Everyone must have been so hot today in those suits and heavy dresses. I imagine inside the royal box is air conditioned? Did the Queen even come down to the parade ring today apart from when she arrived?

Yeah, that's how the cookie crumbles. The media should've taken more pictures. I was looking forward to the pics of the royals and guest mingling in the royal box.

I always feel the men in those morning suits must be melting in this heat.

Glad Willim and Kate have decided to go again this year. A good turn out of royals on the first day.

Indeed - those in grey with grey tophats chose wisely!

It is a nice turnout but the sad thing is when they all go on one day it tends to mean that the 'royal' turnout it will be fewer on other days as most of the family only goes once.

For The Queen and Philip, of course, this will be an official engagement but for the rest it is not. The CC usually writes is as 'HM The Queen accompanied by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh today graced Ascot with her presence.' It is the only event that gets that sort of terminology.

:ROFLMAO: They decided to switch seating positions while in the carriage. Hilarious!

BTW it was William and Sophie changing seats. :flowers: It went from the two couples facing each other, to the spouses facing each other. Two men side-by-side, and two women side-by-side. Saw what they were doing with another picture.

Aha, that is the way that things used to be, men travelling backwards and their ladies travelling forward which is very practical, seen one topper and you've seen them all, the ladies hats, however, are a wonder to be behold and they are much easier to see from the forward seat.

Needless to say, it that does not apply to HM and Prince Philip.

As an aside, I'd love to know what William said to get this reply:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...ce-william-duke-picture-id698760140?s=594x594

While security and police have always been present, this is a sight to become used to.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content...1497968219993.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=646

However, when you get lemons you make G&T! (The police were good sports with the selfies.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHyPdI0WUAIklL7.png

Last edited:

Yes, the queen is good about inviting in laws to attend. Sophie's dad has a few times. I know he road in the carriage at least once. In 2014 he road with Charles, Camilla and a middle eastern royal.

Prince Charles and Mr Christopher Rhys-Jones Photos Photos - Racegoer Fashion at Ascot: Day 2 — Part 2 - Zimbio

I definitely has a bit if laugh and smile at the sophie Kate picture.

Will be interesting to see who shows up tomorrow...

Like the queen, Sophie and Camilla I think both attend a few days. Sophie certainly does. We also haven't seen Anne yet. But I think she customarily attends ladies day. I don't know if she attends more than one day.

I like the later days. First day we mainly get senior royals. As we move on we get more minor family and foreign guests. Get up close with some we don't often see much of.

Last edited:
Like the queen, Sophie and Camilla I think both attend a few days. Sophie certainly does. We also haven't seen Anne yet. But I think she customarily attends ladies day. I don't know if she attends more than one day.

I like the later days. First day we mainly get senior royals. As we move on we get more minor family and foreign guests. Get up close with some we don't often see much of.

Princess Anne was there on the first day.

It is not that the press loves her.
I think it is simply because Kate is the most beautiful.

The press likes to use pictures of the most attractive people they can find, regardless of the occasion.

It is not that the press loves her.
I think it is simply because Kate is the most beautiful.

The press likes to use pictures of the most attractive people they can find, regardless of the occasion.

Beauty is subjective. I think all the other wome are just as beautiful, if not more so than Kate. She just gets all the photos because she sells papers. She's not chosen because she's the prettiest.

:previous: Good play on words there. :D

Makes me wonder if when the time comes, The headlines will be saying "Queen Catherine Middleton". :whistling:

Beauty is subjective. I think all the other wome are just as beautiful, if not more so than Kate. She just gets all the photos because she sells papers. She's not chosen because she's the prettiest.

Ah, but Why[.does Kate sell papers?

Because she is the most beautiful! ;)

Let's get back on topic, please. If you wish to discuss why certain royals get more publicity, take it to the media thread.

Out of the blue! Queen is all smiles as she arrives for Royal Ascot in yellow outfit after dash from Parliament
The Queen was all smiles as she arrived at Royal Ascot, after finishing her speech at the State Opening of Parliament today.

She wore a cheerful blue-and-yellow hat as she read out the Queen's Speech next to Prince Charles, as the Duke of Edinburgh was in hospital.

Some were worried that she would not be able to enjoy Ascot due to the date of the Queen's Speech, but she arrived in good time.

Video of the Queen arriving:
https://twitter.com/Ascot/status/877513757127323648

Thanks for the photos!:flowers::flowers:
It was nice to see Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella attending the 2017 Ascot. Sophie, The Countess of Wessex, is the best-dressed so far. I like both ensembles. Lady Gabriella was understated and serene in appearance. I wish she wore a bolder hat. Princess Michael and The Duchess of Gloucester looked beautiful. Serena's, The Countess of Snowden ensemble was spoilt by the hat.

Last edited:
I missed Anne yesterday. I guess I assumed if she was there she would be in a carriage.

Not much coverage today. Who else was in carriages? I have only seen the first two carriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom