Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Her Majesty's outfit. She looks divine. What an interesting hat- I love it though.
And shock!- I love Beatrice's outfit. So much better than prison stripes, Beatrice!

Hurrah ! 'Estimate' wins, so HM the Queen becomes the first reigning monarch to win Royal Ascot's premier race 'the Gold Cup'.

She was due to present the cup to the winner. I wonder who will present it to her ?

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
The Queen has tears in her eyes. She's very emotional in the Royal Box. The crowd clap and wave at her below.

Wonderful scenes! Cup presented by Duke of York.

Congratulations to HM! She looks...overjoyed. :lol:

Congrats to Her Majesty on her win.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 26m
It's the first time in 200 years a reigning monarch has won the Gold Cup. What a treat for the Queen in the Coronation 60th anniversary year

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 24m
The Duke of York presents the cup to the Queen to the applause of a huge crowd in the parade ring.

I think Autumn Phillips looks terrible!
Her dress is too tight and full of wrinkles.

But that isn't as bad as her hair, it looks so thin and straggly!
Why doesn't she get it cut into layers, so it has some volume?

I think Autumn Phillips looks terrible!
Her dress is too tight and full of wrinkles.

But that isn't as bad as her hair, it looks so thin and straggly!
Why doesn't she get it cut into layers, so it has some volume?

The dress has "stitched" folds going across - it is part of the design - I think she looks really good.

The dress has "stitched" folds going across - it is part of the design - I think she looks really good.

I was just going to say that I thought she looked lovely!

I love the pictures of the Queen and York princesses celebrating!

All the royal ladies looked fabulous today!
I agree.... Anne in particular, such a soft feminine flattering hat, and the cut of her jacket. Autumn's hat is divine. Beatrice and Eugenie just look so pretty and of course HM..... such genuine joy. a lovely ladies day indeed

Congratulations to HM on her win! It's lovely to see her excitement and her infectious smile; I'm really happy for her.

Last edited:
Congrats to The Queen on her Win! She looks very happy and I Love when the Queen Smile. It a nice smile and Warm.

People's say that The Queen never smiles and is a total stiff all the time and some call her unflattering things (which some is uncalled for) because of it which I will not say here. But that not true at all! There are lot of Photos of the Queen smiling, She can't smiling all the time. No human is smiling 24/7 because it not possible. Who is smiling 24/7? Even I am nit smiling all the time but U can still be happy. The Queen knows when it time to be serious and the right time to smile, Not just the Queen but it can be said with other world leaders and politicians as well. You didn't see Clinton and Bush smile a lot but that wasn't because they were not happy or they were stiff either.

Congratulations to HM! She must be in a very happy and excited mood now.

I loved Viscountess Linley's purple outfit for Day One, however I wasn't too sure about her outfit at yesterday's races. I do like the colour of her skirt though, very nice.

IMO Lady Helen Taylor's outfit for Day One was nice and I particularly liked the top. I wasn't a fan of her outfit on Day Two, I didn't particularly like the layered look or the hat.

Below are a couple of galleries from Getty Images and Isopix:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=170993992&EditorialProduct=Royalty

http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-presse/UK-Royal-Ascot-Ladies-Day-1053429-st.aspx

Last edited:
Such joy on The Queen's face! Beatrice seemed pretty happy as well. :flowers:

It could stand for the name of her husband, Tim Laurence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom