The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know why Harry wasn't at Ascot this year?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There have been rumours he's in Toronto.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC Ascot live:
Royal Ascot 2017: Day four - BBC Sport
Quote:
The Royal Procession cometh

The Queen will be making her way along the racecourse shortly to begin the day's racing action in earnest.

Her Majesty is the only member of her immediate family involved today.

Carriage One: The Queen, Captain David Bowes-Lyon, Mr Erik Penser, Mr Thomas van Straubenzee.

Carriage Two: The Hon. Peter Stanley, The Hon. Mrs Stanley, Mr John Warren and The Lady Carolyn Warren.

Carriage Three: Mr John Gosden, Ms Rachel Hood and Mr and Mrs Nicholas Wingfield Diby.

Carriage Four: Wing commander Sam Fletcher, Mrs David Bowes-Lyon and Mr and Mrs Charles Butter.
Edit
Quote:
The Queen finally wears blue

A big 'ooooooooooh' fills the Parade Ring at Royal Ascot as the Queen emerges.

If I'm not mistaken, that is a baby blue outfit.

I am willing to be corrected however...
Picture:
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experi...9bd55ab632.jpg

Edit Many pictures of HM from yesterday - this site will be updated with pictures from today:
Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

Pictures from yesterday's Ascot - this site will be updated with pictures from today:
Royal Ascot Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 06-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sarah Ferguson is at Royal Ascot today withe Beatrice, Eugenie and Prince Andrew.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...8224923737.jpg
Old 06-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

The picture links from Getty Images that i posted in post 1582 are now updatet.

Video from today - HM is looking great:
Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Ascot 2017, Day 4
Lady Carolyn Warren looked lovely.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this Is the correct thread
From Paris Match
La petite Sheika Al Jalila vole la vedette à la princesse Eugenie à Ascot http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog...-Ascot-1292612
Old 06-23-2017, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was great to see all the photos and videos of Royal Ascot so far. The photo of Catherine and Sophie on the first day was hilarious! I've always thought it was nice that they have a good relationship.
Seeing little Sheikha Al Jalila was cute, she looks so grown up.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC Ascot live:
Royal Ascot 2017: Day five - BBC Sport
Quote:
Set for the biggest crowd of the week

The horses are being paraded, trainers and owners are whispering advice to their jockeys, and the crowds, expected to reach about 70,000, are piling in to the course.

The fifth and final day of action at Royal Ascot 2017 is nearing.
Quote:
A 24th Royal Ascot win for Her Majesty?

As you may be aware, the Queen is notable for her knowledge and experience of horse racing.

She owns several horses, and has won hundreds of races in her 65 years in the sport.

Her latest victory at Royal Ascot, her 23rd, came last year as Dartmouth came home in a pulsating Hardwicke Stakes.

The Sir Michael Stoute-trained horse is her last hope of picking up a victory this year, and has a good chance, having won the Yorkshire Cup on the Knavesmire last month.

One of the most remarkable Royal Ascot moments of all time came in 2013, when Estimate, owned by Her Majesty, won the Gold Cup.

The crowd will hope to have something to cheer about today, as the Queen hopes to continue her sporting success.
Quote:
The Queen deserves a winner'

How are we all doing for energy? Have you paced yourself through the five days or are you floundering like a favourite in the final furlong who has given too much early in the race?

One person who knows exactly how to pace herself is Her Majesty the Queen – but what a pace. In a week that has seen her deliver The Queen’s Speech at the State Opening of Parliament, her husband be admitted to hospital, and cope with record breaking temperatures at the world’s most famous race meeting, the least she deserves is a winner.

Dartmouth may just deliver that in the Hardwicke Stakes at 15:40. Dartmouth’s win in the same race last year was one of the most popular wins of the year.

The big Group 1 race is worth an enormous £340,000. The Diamond Jubilee Stakes is the last of the 8 Group 1 races to be run this year at Royal Ascot.

It is worth noting that we expect the biggest crowd of the week in today, nudging up towards 75,000 people, so expect congestion around the course.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC Ascot live:
Royal Ascot 2017: Day five - BBC Sport
Quote:
How will Her Majesty finish the week?

Blue, green, pink and yellow - but what will today bring?

The bookies have made their decisions, the money is on, and we'll find out when the Royal procession arrives at 14:00 BST.

Today in the Royal procession:

Carriage 1: Her Majesty the Queen, The Duke of York, Mr Stephen Knott, Mr John Warren.

Carriage 2: Sir Michael Rake, Lady Rake, Mr John Warren, Mr Mark Davies, Mrs Mark Davies.

Carriage 3: Mr Bernard Kantor, Mrs Bernard Kantor, Mr Charles Hill, Mrs Charles Hill.

Carriage 4: Mr Michael Bell, Mrs Michael Bell, Mr Edward Walker, Mrs Edward Walker.
Quote:
Purple reign

A minute-and-a-half early, The Queen comes through the golden gates in radiant purple.

The final Royal Procession of 2017 is about to begin.
Picture: https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experi...f2d7d4f5e2.jpg

Quote:
How to spot Her Majesty's horse

The Queen has two runners today, both Learn By Heart in the 14:30 Chesham Stakes, and Dartmouth in the Hardwicke Stakes at 15:40.

But how do you pick the jockey out of a big crowd?

Her Majesty's distinctive registered racing colours (termed silks), as worn by the jockeys riding her race horses, are the same as those used by her father and great-grandfather, King Edward VII.

They feature a purple and scarlet jacket with gold braiding, with a black cap, as seen below.
Quote:
The hat-chat has finished for 2017

Now the final Royal Procession has finished for this year, what are we doing to talk about now?

I'll have to wait for another year to discuss somebody's hat as much.

However, that does mean that the racing action is about to begin.
Many pictures of HM from yesterday - this site will be updated with pictures from today:
Queen Elizabeth Ii Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

Pictures from yesterday's Ascot - this site will be updated with pictures from today:
Royal Ascot Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 06-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The picture links from Getty Images that i posted in post 1588 are now updatet.

Video from today - HM is looking great:
Old 06-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Thank you for the video. I love it when the women curtsy and the men bow to HM. Guess that is the old fashion in me, seeing how they do that shows respect to Hm and is the right thing to do.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Once again, I've deleted a few posts. This thread isn't about who is the prettiest, or who is the most photographed royal. Please stay on topic.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There have been rumours he's in Toronto.
I haven't heard that All talk is he is in Africa for ten days working with elephants again. He will be back soon as he has an event on Friday I believe with the queen. Seems when ever he us missing he us said to be off with her.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot