Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Agree!

What a picture - love it:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...7965859728.jpg

Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

LOVE the beautiful soft colors on the ladies and the greens on the Queen and the Countess of Wessex. Beatrice looks like a vision in her outfit and hat. Zara toned it down for the first day, but love the blue on her!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
They decided to switch seating positions while in the carriage. Hilarious!

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They decided to switch seating positions while in the carriage. Hilarious!
That is such a funny photo.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Either that or both women just happened to get a carriage driven by horses with bad gas. So many good captions could be made out of that photo.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Did they pull some sort of mid carriage seating switch a roo?

There is a prank on the States called a Chinese Firedrill when if you are at a red light, you all jump out of the car, run around it and get back in any order before the light changes. This is like the Ascot version.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Either that or both women just happened to get a carriage driven by horses with bad gas. So many good captions could be made out of that photo.
I can only imagine how much fun they have together at family get togethers.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Did they pull some sort of mid carriage seating switch a roo?

There is a prank on the States called a Chinese Firedrill when if you are at a red light, you all jump out of the car, run around it and get back in any order before the light changes. This is like the Ascot version.
I think it was after they had got in the carriage just before they arrive at the gates of Royal Ascot. William and Sophie obviously decided to swap seats and the carriage probably wobbled. It's such a funny image.

Quote:
I can only imagine how much fun they have together at family get togethers.
I have to say when I was watching the procession, the third carriage with the Wessex's and Cambridge's looked to be the most animated. They had a good bunch in there!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

Definitely, I wonder what the atmosphere was like in the York Princesses and Wales' couples carriage.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Majesty

That picture of Sophie and Kate is so fun...love that.

LaRae
Old 06-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post

Definitely, I wonder what the atmosphere was like in the York Princesses and Wales' couples carriage.
There didn't seem to be much chatter in their carriage.

A lot of Windsors on show today. I spotted Princess Michael, Lord and Lady Frederick and I think the Duchess of Gloucester.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful royal turnout today. Mrs. Middleton was in attendance in the Royal Enclosure as well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Has someone already asked where Harry is? Seems like I remember hearing he's out of the country right now?

LaRae
Old 06-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Another article from the DF:
Sombre Queen leads a minute's silence | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Ascot fell silent on the first day of the Royal meeting as a mark of respect following the recent tragic events across the country.

A minute's silence was observed across the racecourse on Tuesday after the arrival of the Queen and the Royal party in the Ascot parade ring in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire and the London and Manchester terror attacks.

Resplendent in a vibrant green outfit, the Queen bowed her head as she and Prince Philip led the minute's silence surrounded by senior members of the royal family.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge's enjoying a intimate moment:
World of Windsor : cambridgeinspiration: The Duke and Duchess of...

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Loved all the royal ladies today. I particularly liked Beatrice's coat dress. I think that an updo hairstyle would have complimented it much better. JMHO
Old 06-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine, Carole Middleton, Hon. James Tollemache and his wife, Princess Florence von Preussen
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...7971339045.jpg
Old 06-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Goodness! This is the largest group of royals I can remember for Royal Ascot. They all look so lovely. I heard it was very warm today.

Camilla's choker...divine!

The earrings on loan from the Queen to Catherine...love.

Catherine and Sophie and their almost collision....funny and great sense of humors!

Very appropriate to have a minute of silence today as well.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good that Catherine's parents were there again today. They were in the official royal procession 6 years ago.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Good that Catherine's parents were there again today. They were in the official royal procession 6 years ago.
Other in laws are often in the processions so it's nothing particularly special that they were in it 6 years ago.

I have to say I am disappointed with the lack of photos of everyone else bar Kate. I know the press love her but there are other members of the family. One agency had 258 images of her and 14 of Camilla...

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot