Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autumn's hat was not doing any favors for her -- it looked a size too large, and you could barely see her face. Nice color, but overwhelming.

Does anyone ever feel like hiring someone to snip P. Anne's wiry locks in the middle of the night (a la Sampson and Delilah)? I know we'll never see it, but can you imagine how lovely she would look with a shorter hair do. That style of sweeping it off of her face with a pouf and a chignon is not very becoming.

The York girls have no feeling for style. Very nouveau riche; others are dressing these girls. Send them to What Not to Wear, please!

The Queen looks like a million bucks as always. The one standard we can always count on fashion-wise.

I'm now sure that the Royals read these pages. Beatrice clearly taken my advice and tied her hair back, and, as I predicted, it looks much better. :D good girl!

Autumn looks very pretty. Hat's a tad big perhaps, but maybe she likes having something to hide under in these early days of having the Royal spotlight on her.

HM looks great, of course.

First thought when I saw Anne was that she'd made her fascinator herself. It doesn't look like a professional job to me. I had delightful visions of her chasing the hens around the yard and plucking a few feathers and then tying them to a comb like she was making a fly-fishing lure. :ROFLMAO:

The Queen wore what I call rich cream today for her hat and coat. Nice hat with floral trim to match the floral print dress under the coat.

Duke & Duchess of Gloucester and Prince & Princess Michael the only family travelling in the carriages. Duchess of Gloucester in green hat & matching green dress/coat and Princess Michael in small white hat and I think a white & black outfit.

Sorry I lost track - did Kate's mother acutally show up?

Queen invites Kate Middleton's mother to Royal box at Ascot - Telegraph
This seems to have been based on the Daily Mail reports
as quoted in the article.

It goes on to say -
Should Mrs Middleton accept, it will be the first official encounter between the Queen
and
it was claimed that Mrs Middleton had used the word "toilet" and uttered the phrase "pleased to meet you" on meeting the Queen
:whistling::ROFLMAO:

Thank you giov, the green looks gorgeous on the Duchess of Gloucester! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it that the Queen always manages to make England look so cold? IMO it looks as if she's bundled up for snow, despite her lovely hat.

How is it that the Queen always manages to make England look so cold? IMO it looks as if she's bundled up for snow, despite her lovely hat.
It was chilly today if you were sat about in an open top vehicle and as you get older, some feel the cold more. :flowers:

How imperious does Princess Michael look?! I love it!!

Excluding Camilla on day one Princess Michael and the Duchess of Gloucester have surley been the best dressed this year. They could show the younger family members a thing or two. Talk about saving the best till last. Well done ladies!

Prince and Princess Michael looked gorgeous together. They are a perfect picture of old thoroughly bred aristocracy. It is sad that their children did not accompany them. I loved Her Majesty's outfit, which was very summer-themed.

Princess Michael did look extremely demure and elegant i have to say!

Michael always seems to have a lovely smile on his face, I'm sure he's a lovely man.

Are there any photos of his sister Princess Alexandra at Ascot from Wednesday??

Am I losing it, or is that the same outfit Princess Michael wore to Trooping of Colour? The hat and colors look the exact same....

Am I losing it, or is that the same outfit Princess Michael wore to Trooping of Colour? The hat and colors look the exact same....

Different coat, but it's definitely the same hat.

Thank you giov, the green looks gorgeous on the Duchess of Gloucester! :flowers:

I'm sure the Duchess of Gloucester is thrilled by the way those photos are labelled "Princess Michael of Kent" as though she was Princess Michael's lady in waiting or something.

The Duchess of Gloucester just gets more and more beautiful - I love the longer hair!
Hard to believe that she is a grandmother!

The Duchess of Gloucester looks GREAT! I totally agree with pamk's statement that it is hard to believe she is a grandmother!

Yes, the older ladies of the Royal Familiy put the younger ones' to shame. What were Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara thinking?

Excuse me for my question, but would you dress similarly at 18-20 as you would at 60-70?
I guess not!
I am not a great fan of the young princesses dress-taste either, but they have enouhg time to develop a more elegany style...and if they won't manage....well that's their problem!
Have a nice weekend!

Many young women at 16-24 have great dress sense, it may not be something a 60-70 year old would wear or even approve of. Beatrice and Eugenie at the moment don't seem to have any of the dress sense or flair exhibited by many of the youngsters of today.:cool:

Well our Queen, wearing a very smart outfit in an attractive blue that to me is close to cornflower blue, is now a very happy horse-owner, having just won the first race at Ascot with her horse Free Agent.:flowers:

No Royals other than HM and the Duke of Edinburgh in the carriages in the procession.

And here is a picture of a very happy winner. :flowers:

:previous: Accompanied by Andrew Parker Bowles, no less.

no less!! that's pretty cool.
love hats, love parade, hat parades what a treat. thanks for all the links. i really like princess Haya hat but my grandmother used to have drapes out the her dress fabric, busy prints not the best choice for most women. newlyweds looked nice and glowing. the queen is always flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom