Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a graceful act upon the Ascot organisers' part to let Japanese ladies bend the rules and wear traditional kimonos.
There are no rules against being fully covered, the rules prohibit showing too much flesh, (thank goodness) and the ladies had floral combs in their hair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
She has at her disposal the world's finest milliners and her budget is bottomless.
But even the rich and privileged get it wrong sometimes and, yesterday, in her pea green, satellite dish hat, Eugenie backed the wrong sartorial horse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Eugenie-hits-spot-polka-dots-Royal-Ascot.html

Sure, they are healthy young women, and I'm guessing happy, but the loss of a few pounds probably wouldn't go astray either (as is my personal opinion).

This is exactly the kind of comment their mother has railed against in the past. Most eating disorders are caused by careless comments from ignorant people. Both Beatrice & Eugenie are fine as they are. They are healthy & happy.

CillW , thanks for your information but what a performance from the Old Duke of E.

This is exactly the kind of comment their mother has railed against in the past. Most eating disorders are caused by careless comments from ignorant people. Both Beatrice & Eugenie are fine as they are. They are healthy & happy.

I'm not asking you to share my opinion, and insinuating (as it would appear to me that you certainly have) that I'm an ignorant person for suggesting they (particularly Beatrice, imo) could do with shedding a few pounds is an incredibly brash supposition itself.

Having endured a severe eating disorder throughout my teenage years, there's very little need (infact none whatsoever) to "inform" me of any related causes. Thanks all the same.

If you should read my post properly, you shall note that I mentioned, and quite clearly, that they seem to me to be both healthy and happy young women so I'm not sure what the need for reinforcing this fact was...

I was neither severe in my view, nor was there any malice behind it. I expressed the opinion that I think they could lose a little weight. I don't see the harm in it. I've certainly never suggested 'thin is beautiful' and I certainly don't think either of them need to lose any great amount, hence the 'few' as noted.

And the winner is.... Princess Haya, she was the only one who looked good every day she was there:flowers:

I am stunned that Eugenie's polka dot outfit is being cited as her saving grace in some quarters. That ensemble was as horrible as the other one. Both sisters IMO haven't managed to look good at ANY royal event they have attended. IMO the problem dosn't always lie in what they wear (although it does in most cases) but in how they wear it. Eugenie's green hat, for example, has been held up to ridicule but I feel I must defend it. The hat itself wasn't to blame for her looking ridiculous, it was how she wore it. I have seen many others wear such a style but they usually have the sense to do three basic things. One, wear their hair up; two, not wear the hat so low down on their head and three wear an outfit that co-ordinates.

Lady Paola Windsor is pregnant...
Wow that's incredible a brother or sister for Albert. Yes Princess Haya was the definete winner for last week. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
HM has saved her best outfit for last and this time her coat looks as if it was made to fit her. PA saved her best outfit for last too, on Friday.

One wrong outfit for Zara in the few years she has attended is not a comparison for the awful outfits the York Princesses wear, both here, or, for example, to Peter Phillips's wedding last year.

Anne was stunning in the frothy, pale, green. HM looked breathtaking everyday except the first.

I actually loved The Queen's outfit on the first day, but I didn't much care for her outfits for the rest of the week. I thought the Ladies Day outfit was especially unflattering, unfortunately.

I really missed Zara this year. Who else is going to give Prince Charles awkward hugs in the Royal Enclosure? :D

I thought the Queen looked smart on all days but one – the Ladies Day.
Princess Haya was elegant most of the times with the exception of the first day, when her hat spoilt the otherwise smart ensemble.

Let’s hope Zara attends next year’s Ascot; the race was not nearly as exiting without her extravagant outfits and especially hats. Admittedly, the York sisters did provide some excitement, but it was for all the wrong reasons.

Jake Warren is right in the 'inner' circle of friends of not only Beatrice and Eugenie, but also (and more so) of William and Harry.
I do hope Eugenie and Jake are an 'item'; he is a genuinely nice person and they would make an agreeable couple.

Well that is Princess Eugenie not Beatrice in the photo... and the guy in question is Jake Warren. He is the son of John Warren, the Queen's racing manager, and the grandson of the late Lord Canarvon..

The world is a very small place isn't it? There were rumors about the Queen and Lord Carnarvon at one time, in the dark ages.

Eugenie looks like Peter Pan with that hat!:rolleyes:

The world is a very small place isn't it?
Not so much the world, but the inner social circle would be composed of people who can be trusted absolutely. That trust and social intimacy would flow through families.

Well that is Princess Eugenie not Beatrice in the photo... and the guy in question is Jake Warren. He is the son of John Warren, the Queen's racing manager, and the grandson of the late Lord Canarvon..

Oops, sorry I meant Eugenie. Well the guy's cute anyway.

:crown5:

Royal Ascot

° ° °

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the exact dates of Ascot?

I will be at Ascot, in the Royal Enclosure for Opening Day 15 and the Second Day 16 JUne. Looking forward to it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom