Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Countess Spencers hat is the same as Catherines, just saw a close up in the DM

What a lovely gesture from Tim, unless he's wiping something off her cheek!

Last edited:
Very nice pictures of the family at Royal Ascot. I'm guessing we will see the Mr & Mrs Middleton there soon.

I think he was moving her hair from her face, which is still a lovely gesture.

i would like to see Lady Brabourne's picture

That is kind of odd, in the picture of the first carriage it says the Queen was accompanied by the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Charles. Well unless my eyes have gone mad, that was the Duchess of Cornwall not Catherine. How is it the Express can make a mistake like that? Wow. Interesting.

Lady Helen Taylor was called Princess Michael of Kent today, anything can happen.

Video:
Queen and Royal Family Attends Opening Day of Royal Ascot-
Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 33m
The entire wifi system went down for several hours at Royal Ascot today. Reporters and photographers unable to file is not a pretty sight.

Last edited:
Lady Helen Taylor was called Princess Michael of Kent today, anything can happen.

And the Daily Mail - great pictures BTW - preferred to call the Prince of Wales Duke of Cornwall in the title.

Queen waves happily at Royal Ascot alongside Duke and Duchess of Cornwall, despite Prince Philip's absence | Mail Online

That they know better is obvious, if you continue reading. Quote:

Pretty in pink! Queen waves happily as she arrives at Royal Ascot alongside Duke and Duchess of Cornwall, despite Prince Philip's absence

• The Queen looked in good spirits as she arrived accompanied by the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall

Well he is The Duke of Cornwall so there's nothing wrong with them writing that as it's true. It has a nice ring to it and fits in with the headline.

Frankly it's kind of annoying to type The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 15x in an article ;)

Well he is The Duke of Cornwall so there's nothing wrong with them writing that as it's true. It has a nice ring to it and fits in with the headline.

Frankly it's kind of annoying to type The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 15x in an article ;)

True. Just wondering, if someone of the DM is reading in the Forums ... they changed the headline (but not the link, in there it is still the Duke & Duchess). Now it's:

Does One have a winner? Judging by the expressions in the Royal Enclosure it was a good day for the Queen (... but not for Eugenie)

:cool:

:previous:

Eugenie photobombing Grandma's picture is quite priceless.

Last edited:
Love the photobomb photo; Eugenie looks adorable. And I like the one of Sophie reaching for Andrew's binoculars; a case of "Gimme those!"

LOL at the photobomb photo. I didn't see such an hilarious picture for quite a long time.

I love that slightly (dare I say it?) maniacal grin that comes over the Queen's face when she thinks she's got a winner! I've seen it before, but only at the races. Hope she has luck in the Gold Cup (?) on Thursday.

DM article :

Queen waves happily at Royal Ascot alongside Duke and Duchess of Cornwall, despite Prince Philip's absence | Mail Online

You have to love the "Duke and Duchess of Cornwall " headline (perfectly exact though).

Interesting images! The Queen looked like she was thoroughly enjoying herself at the races. On a sartorial note I would say that the Queen,Eugene,Camilla and Sophie had a very successful "hat-day", they chose very nice designs !
Princess Eugene´s "photobomb" looks funny,she seems to have a very joyful personality :flowers:

This is an article from the Express about the tribute to Lord Henry Cecil. however, there is also a picture of Princess Anne, standing behind Camilla. Only pic Ive seen.

The Queen leads poignant tribute to Sir Henry Cecil as she joins racegoers at Ascot | Royal | News | Daily Express

Camilla's coat is lovely and she looks wonderful. Maybe it's my computer, or a watermark or something with the photo, but the front of her right leg looks like there is a scar or a big run in her stockings. Does anyone else see that?

Countess Spencers hat is the same as Catherines, just saw a close up in the DM

I thought this was odd - why would you do this (like wearing the same dress)? Unless she is living in a bubble that does not get any press... :lol: Then, I guess, I would say, "Good choice." :whistling:

I thought this was odd - why would you do this (like wearing the same dress)? Unless she is living in a bubble that does not get any press... :lol: Then, I guess, I would say, "Good choice." :whistling:

Why? Because for some people it's a very nice affordable hat, I imagine 100s of people potentially own that hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom