Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I NEVER thought I would use this word with Princess Anne...but she looked absolutely CHIC! I LOVED her outfit...the hat..the color... She FINALLY got it right.

As for Beatrice and Eugenie... they can take some lessons from Zara. I know they are young..and..."healthy" girls...but my goodness..get some outfits that fit right, match, and have taste!

There...I said it!!!

I'm all for Eugenie having bright bold young colours, but oh dear she could do with some deportment lessons. Rounded shoulders in one so young are not good...A little elegant poise would do wonders for her...

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess. Anne. Looked. Fabulous.

There've I've typed it. I need to sit down now, for I am in shock!

The Queen - what's that about. Urgh.

Liked Bea's hat - but Euge's - oh dear oh dear. THe whole outfit is a bit of a mess. Could this two not perhaps wander into a milliners and buy something with *gasp* a BRIM!

Princess Michael - well, she works this picture hat look a lot but it works for her...

I cannot believe Anne is the winner, does this merit some kind of public holiday amongst our numbers?!

I cannot believe Anne is the winner, does this merit some kind of public holiday amongst our numbers?!

You might be right. But Anne was beautiful today. Elegant, chic and very very stylish. :flowers:

I cannot believe Anne is the winner
And what about the stunning Sophie? You've not mentioned her...

amazing , what a big surprise !!!its the first time that i see the princess royal wearing chic and classy outfit ! she had some lesons from her daughter or from camilla ???
also i love the hat and the dress of princess Mechael of kent ; she looks stanning !
about the queen , i didn't love the dreess very old fashion !!but the hat is ok i prefer the outfits of yestreday and the first day .
where is the duchess of cornwall??

Doesn't Anne wore similar hats to that worn by Soiphie years ago?
Say what you want but I like Anne's hats this year.
Btw. isn't it similar to Maxima's hat from Alexia's baptism?
Didn't Princess Michael wore it before or something similar?

I just had one of the biggest shocks of my life: Princess Anne looks absolutely wonderful! :eek:
The Queen looked lovely as well, although I preferred her outfits from the first and second days.
Princess Michael looked characteristically elegant but I am not too fond of the puffy sleeves.
Sophie looked like the perched an over-sized candy on her hat, but the effect was far from sweet.I just don't think the hat, the dress and the suit matched each other at all. And I hope the square thing she is holding isn't her bag.

As for Beatrice and Eugenie, let's just say there was no shock there; both ensembles, every last detail of them, were downright ugly. Such a shame, because both girls can be very pretty with just a little effort.

Doesn't she wore it before or something similar?[/QUOTE]

The top of Princess Michaels outfit and the hat are definitely recycled by her. I've seen this hat maybe two times before. But I ment the skirt. If it is one, then its a new one ;)

Sophie looks stupid today - it looks like she stuck a heart shaped chocolate box onto of her head - she looked fab yesterday, pretty decent on tuesday and then she goes and spoils it all by wearing a mismatched outfit today

:previous:
I agree with you. The hat severely undermined the whole look. A white creme colour became Countess of Wessex perfectly. However, the jacket is over-embellished. Lace on sleeves is all right, lace on a waistline looks extra to me. I like a pattern on the dress though.

I like Sophie's suit as well. It's the hat and the bag that are strange.:flowers:

The hat is whimsical. While I laud Countess of Wessex for trying something edgy, I still have to admit that the "a heart shaped chocolate box" (as aptly described by PrincessofEurope) hat does not flatter her at all.
I wonder how people, who ride in the carriages, are chosen or invited.

And what about the stunning Sophie? You've not mentioned her...
I'm sorry, I've mistaken the day...Sophie was stunning with her light blue dress yesterday or the day before, but the last dress she wore...terrible.
I really like the dress worn by Princess Michael, except for the sleeves.
And now I agree, Princess Anne was the best dressed.

Ah - hadn't spotted Sophie (for God's sake woman, get in the carriages!) I must be in a minority of 1, for I like her choc box hat. I do wish she'd quit this boxy jacket and floaty patterned skirt thing though... it was worn unsuccessfully by QEII and Anne on Monday. Sophie - stop it!

Now I have seen Anne full length I love it all the more. Well done - but let's not get complacent, I am sure she is busy dusting off a 1978 horror right now to wear tomorrow...

I loved what Anne wore earlier in the week but thought today's outfit was more suited to an indoor event, such as a wedding.

The Queen looked awful - my mother had an outfit like that in the 50s and made it into doll's clothes for my friends and myself.

Eugenie - outfit great - hat - wrong colour - it clashes rather than complements.

Sophie - uck - the worst thing she has worn for some time.

Beatrice - not bad but Eugenie is far better minus her hat of course.

Princess Anne does this to us every now and then just to confuse us:lol:. Very occasionally she wears a very smart new outfit. Was it last year or the year before that she wore a very nice new turquoise outfit.

HM looks nice, as always, but it is not one of her best looks, IMO.

Sophie's outfit I don't mind. A little odd.

DOn't like the puffy sleeves on Princess Michael's outfit.

Beatrice almost got there today, or, is on her way. Her outfit is colour co-ordinated at least, which is more than I can say for her sister. And she's wearing something on her head which is almost a hat rather than a fascinator. There is absolutely no excuse for the green satellite dish on Eugenie's head. I wonder if those girls will ever wear really smart outfits?

Thanks for the pics, everyone.:flowers:

I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I fear Your Majesty looks like an old cartoons granny wearing this outfit...With all my respect for Your Majesty, of course...

I don't care for this outfit on HM either. She's been looking so wonderful lately in her fitted clothes with smart hats, and now this throw back.:ermm: If it were silk, it would look like the kind of thing that her mother wore. Well, crochet is very much in vogue right now.;)

I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I fear Your Majesty looks like an old cartoons granny wearing this outfit...With all my respect for Your Majesty, of course...

HM's hat and the material in the coat are lovely, but the coat should have had a better shape.

When is PE going to take some fashion advice, even if only for special occasions, when we would like to see her looking like a princess.

Ah - hadn't spotted Sophie (for God's sake woman, get in the carriages!) I must be in a minority of 1, for I like her choc box hat. I do wish she'd quit this boxy jacket and floaty patterned skirt thing though... it was worn unsuccessfully by QEII and Anne on Monday. Sophie - stop it!

Now I have seen Anne full length I love it all the more. Well done - but let's not get complacent, I am sure she is busy dusting off a 1978 horror right now to wear tomorrow...

Indeed not - I love it too - just the kind of hat I could wear! :flowers: :innocent: :queen2:

Some of the outfits worn be the Royal ladies should be placed in the attic, along with the dressing up clothes or used for rags, IMO, although I think it was the attic Sophie raided!

Regarding yesterdays hats, what everyone seems to be forgetting was that yesterday was Ladies Day, the day you get to wear the most outrageous hats and get away with it.

Hats off to the ladies at Ascot races - Telegraph

unfortuntely, I wasn't impressed with any of the royal ladies attire!:nonono:
The Yorks were the woooorst!:whistling:(sadly unsurprisingly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom