The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Video: The Queen arrives in style at 2014 Royal Ascot | Mail Online

A family day out at the races! The Queen is elegant in blue as she arrives with a radiant Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry | Mail Online

Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Queen Elisabeth II looks lovely. I like Camilla's hat. Hopefully there will be better dressed ladies in the royal enclosure.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Majesty

Is Beatrice's dress not a repeat from the wedding of Zara and Mike in 2011?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Looks like everyone is in great form,the Queen & Duchess of Cornwall both look wonderful.

Getty Images

Buscar - Getty Images ES: GBR: Royal Ascot - Day 1
Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Serena Linley does it for me! Perfect Ascot clothing and hat - stunning

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/450...vZG0%2fA%3d%3d

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/450...84e2f1dQ%3d%3d

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/450...GnISpJRA%3d%3d

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Viscountess Linley does wear her very flowery ensemble well. Prince and Princess Michael look nice as usual.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen, Camilla and Sophie are all in the same shade of blue. Co-ordination between the Windsor wives.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Queen, Camilla and Sophie are all in the same shade of blue. Co-ordination between the Windsor wives.
May well be a co-incidence. This sort of colour co-ordination is not usual.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

OMG... for the first time in a long time, each and every royal lady looks their best and truly stunning. My only one, small complaint is Zara's dress has no real shape and should be a tad bit longer. When she was hugging everyone it kind of went up a wee bit far... but I LOVE the warmth she shows her family. She is truly a cool lady. The Queen looks to be wearing a new brooch.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
May well be a co-incidence. This sort of colour co-ordination is not usual.

I was of course being sarcastic, but I did think it was funny they all had the same colour on. You would think the other two would check ahead and make sure they don't match the Queen.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
Zara Tindall greeting her grandparents and giving The Queen a curtsey:
#teamgordons

They're off! The Queen is joined by grandson Prince Harry for first time at Royal Ascot-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...en-at-race-day

"His absence along with that of his brother Prince William, and the Duchess of Cambridge, has prompted speculation that they felt Ascot with all its class divisions might not represent the best image for a 21st century monarchy.

But that theory was exploded today when Harry, who will be 30 in September, sat in the royal box. Aides said his absence until now and the continuing absence of William and Kate was down to a busy schedule.

The Cambridges. who were enjoying some downtime today after a busy series of events including Trooping the Colour and Garter Day, are not expected to attend Royal Ascot this year, according to Kensington Palace officials."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Serena Linely and Beatrice definitely my top two! Beatrice beats Serena slightly because I don't like fussy little fascinators.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the William, Harry and Kate probably don't like horse racing as much as some members of the family do rather than some of class thing. William is probably home watching the World Cup.

Also when in the military they would have to take off for Trooping and Garter Day for William so they would mostly be needed back on duty afterwards.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Can you imagine trying to keep George contained in that setting? I don't blame the DoC for staying home!

LaRae
Old 06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think the William, Harry and Kate probably don't like horse racing as much as some members of the family do rather than some of class thing. William is probably home watching the World Cup.

Also when in the military they would have to take off for Trooping and Garter Day for William so they would mostly be needed back on duty afterwards.

I agree - I don't think William or Harry are into horse racing as much as their father and his siblings. Polo is more their thing, whereas I know Charles plays polo but I don't think I have ever heard of Andrew or Edward playing polo.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, every now and then they attend the Cheltenham Festival and Derby so what's the problem attending Royal Ascot?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Can you imagine trying to keep George contained in that setting
Small children are not admitted to the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot... It really isn't fun or suitable for them.

I may have out of date information, but i believe one has to be 18 to gain admittance.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Children aged 10 and over can be in the Royal Enclosure. I remember Zara attended once as a little girl so I have no doubt someday Louise will attend before she reaches adulthood.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I agree - I don't think William or Harry are into horse racing as much as their father and his siblings. Polo is more their thing, whereas I know Charles plays polo but I don't think I have ever heard of Andrew or Edward playing polo.
I sort of thought this as well, but the Express article mentioned that Harry was part owner of a race horse prospect - Usain Colt, and Catherine's parents @ one point owned part of a race horse as well, so perhaps there's hope.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot