Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Ascot is just a week away, unfortunately horse racing has been dealt a blow this morning;

BBC Sport - Sir Henry Cecil: Legendary trainer dies aged 70

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
The Queen's representative at Royal Ascot has paid tribute to trainer Sir Henry Cecil, who died this morning aged 70 from stomach cancer

Johnny Weatherby, the Queen's representative at Ascot: "It is very sad to hear of the loss of Sir Henry Cecil this morning."

He has been an intrinsic part of racing and Royal Ascot for the whole of his career."

Sir Henry Cecil obituary | Sport | The Guardian

Sir Henry Cecil dies after cancer battle | Mail Online

I am a big fan of horse racing and he was a fantastic trainer.

Sir Henry Cecil

Henry Cecil will be remembered by a minute of silence and one of the races has been dedicated to him.

For now, his wife Lady Cecil is holiding the licence and will step in for him. In case of a winner emotions will go high. Cecil holds the record of Royal Ascot winners, 75.

Its tragic that he died just before the royal meeting, but in general his death had been expected for some time, he has been very ill for years.

They're arriving now, we have

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 12m
Plenty of Royals expected here at Ascot today.HM will be joined by Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Bea & Eugenie, Michaels, Linleys, Helen & Tim T

UPDATED:

Carriage 1: The Queen, Camilla, Charles
Carriage 2: Beatrice, Andrew, Eugenie, Lord Dalmeny
Carriage 3 - Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Michael of Kent, Viscount Linley, Viscountess Linley
Carriage 4 - Mr Timothy Taylor, The Lady Helen Taylor, Lord Ivar Mountbatten, The Lady Brabourne

A minutes silence will be held for Sir Henry Cecil when the procession has ended.

Someone needs to tell Channel 4 that there are 3 other carriages!!!!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
Rats! Wrong again. The Queen's outfit by Stewart Parvin is officially described as peach, not pink. :-(

Clare Baldings commentating is sickeningly sweet!

Last edited:
Daily Mail live coverage link
Royal Ascot 2013: Live coverage of day one | Mail Online

Carriage 1 - 1 The Queen, 2 The Prince of Wales, 3 The Duchess of Cornwall

Carriage 2 - 1 The Duke of York, 2 Princess Beatrice of York, 3 Princess Eugenie of York, 4 Lord Dalmeny

Carriage 3 - 1 Prince Michael of Kent, 2 Princess Michael of Kent, 3 Viscount Linley, 4 Viscountess Linley

Carriage 4 - 1 Mr Timothy Taylor, 2 The Lady Helen Taylor, 3 Lord Ivar Mountbatten, 4 The Lady Brabourne

Correct & accompanied by Viscount & Viscountess Linley

Thank you, I missed the usual commentary and they never showed any other carriage but The Queens on the procession. :flowers:

I wonder if Anne is attending today or does anyone know if she has other engagements? I love seeing images of the family in the Royal box together as it's at these events that we see the Queen at her best.

I love Eugenie's skirt, it's so wide and I love the lateral blocked stripes.

I wonder if Anne is attending today or does anyone know if she has other engagements? I love seeing images of the family in the Royal box together as it's at these events that we see the Queen at her best.

I love Eugenie's skirt, it's so wide and I love the lateral blocked stripes.

Anne wasn't in the procession though frankly she never is. Anne doesn't have any engagements today no. :flowers:

First race won by Aidan O'Brien-trained Declaration of War!
Animal Kingdom, the winner of the Kentucky Derby and Dubai World Cup, who was sent off the even-money favourite to land another major prize, completely failed to handle conditions and was beaten soon after halfway.

Anne wasn't in the procession though frankly she never is. Anne doesn't have any engagements today no. :flowers:

Edward and Sophie are never in the procession either, which is rather odd. Sophie's father is in the procession more than his daughter! Sophie is at Ascot today though as there are images of her in the Royal Box. I love the colour of her blue outfit and her hat is lovely.

Just saw Princess Haya on TV, she is one stunningly pretty woman. Her hat is amazing.

Interesting that all the people in the carriages are family. This isnt usual is it? No outside guests this year staying at the castle?

Interesting that all the people in the carriages are family. This isnt usual is it? No outside guests this year staying at the castle?

There are 4 more days of Ascot left so plenty of time for others to travel. I imagine we'll see Lady Jane Cecil in a carriage ride one day this week.

Some images from GettyImages:

Beatrice and Eugenie
Queen Elizabeth and Camilla
Sophie

If The Queen's outfit is supposedly "peach" then the colour spectrum has changed recently.

My FAVORITE week of the social calendar starting with Trooping of the Colour into Royal Ascot! Here we go, kids!!!

Sophie wins for me hands down again for Day 1. Camilla and the Queen look lovely in their soft, summer colors.

I get so into the races that I find myself talking rather loudly at the TV.... I love horse racing.

Viscountess Linley looks lovely and I LOVE the shade of purple she is wearing. Daring colour.:)

I get so into the races that I find myself talking rather loudly at the TV.... I love horse racing.

Viscountess Linley looks lovely and I LOVE the shade of purple she is wearing. Daring colour.:)

I get so into TV I often find myself screaming at a masterchef judge for picking the wrong contestant. :lol:

Lady Helen and Serena should attend Ascot every year!

Their look is very 40s and 50s, especially Serena. They show how to be different but with elegance.

I love Camilla's hat. I love everything Viscountess Linley is wearing. Eugenie looks lovely as well.

I get so into TV I often find myself screaming at a masterchef judge for picking the wrong contestant. :lol:

Lady Helen and Serena should attend Ascot every year!

Its when you find yourself talking to commercials that you really have to question your sanity. But then again.. that's why advertising companies get the big bucks. Personally, I talk to vegetables. It makes them tastier.

For all the hoopla of Ascot and the weird and strange hats that come out, there'll never be one that pops out and stays in my brain as the one that Beatrice wore to Will and Kate's wedding.

Ascot hats. Its what got me to these forums to begin with.

I was going to say.. Countess Spencer's shoulders are not covered, so she could not enter the Royal Enclosure even if she wanted to.

I was going to say.. Countess Spencer's shoulders are not covered, so she could not enter the Royal Enclosure even if she wanted to.

She could enter the Royal Enclosure as her straps are an inch wide. They can't be "spaghetti straps", so the Countess' outfit is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom