Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I say, you have been busy. My husband and I went to Ascot each year from 1969 to 1975 and always enjoyed it. I used to rent my hat each year. We also enjoyed Cowes and visiting historic sites on the island. He always went to Wimbledon and Lords, too, but I stayed home (not polite to sleep in public!).

What do you mean allergic?? A real allergy or you mean that she does not like them???

Very interesting because Princess Diana either didn't like horses!

I wonder how long Wills has to stay in the shower after a horsey day before he can give Kate a kiss and a hug?

Last edited:
Women will have to wear hats, not fascinators, as part of a tightening of the dress code in Royal Ascot's Royal Enclosure this summer.

Under the rules, racegoers will also have to wear skirts or dresses of "modest length" falling just above the knee or longer.

For men, a waistcoat and tie will be compulsory in the enclosure and cravats will not be allowed.

Organisers said the decision was part of a move to restore formality.
BBC News - Fascinators in ban at Royal Ascot's Royal Enclosure
Ascot's New Dress Code:
Royal Ascot: new dress rules for 2012
Spletnik -New Dress code rules

Last edited:
Now that's appropriate attire for Ascot, at least in my understanding.
A bit like a modern take on My Fair Lady era Ascot outfits.

You are right. The Ascot is about being feminine and elegant. At the same time, it is nice to see Japanese ladies wearing stunning kimonos.

Day One: HM The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Eugenie attending today with the carriage procession starting at 2pm.

Princess Beatrice is currently at Harewood House as she's watched the Olympic Torch arrive in Yorkshire (as the daughter of The Duke of York)

- The most amusing picture so far the woman in this picture has a basket of pashmina's to give ladies who are dressed incorrectly. I love her outfit though.

Last edited:
FYI, for those of us in the U.S. with digital cable, check if you get HRTV since they have coverage of the racing from Ascot. I'm not sure how much you'll actually see of the Queen, but it's worth a shot.

Princess Anne is in attendance but she's not in the procession she just arrived through the public entrance.

Her Majesty wearing light blue, Camilla in cream or beige perhaps (Camilla is accompanied by her godson Lord James Irwin and his wife, they are chatting so enthusiastically)

Eugenie is in turquoise and black accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

Last edited:
FYI, for those of us in the U.S. with digital cable, check if you get HRTV since they have coverage of the racing from Ascot. I'm not sure how much you'll actually see of the Queen, but it's worth a shot.

Also, TVGAM for those in U.S. with Satellite....

Last edited:
There are some pics available on Getty already. Her Majesty a new beautiful light blue hat, in the carriage with her dashing Prince Philip. The Duchess of Cornwall in the exact outfit & hat that she wore on the Thames Pageant.

There are some pics available on Getty already. Her Majesty a new beautiful light blue hat, in the carriage with her dashing Prince Philip. The Duchess of Cornwall in the exact outfit & hat that she wore on the Thames Pageant.

:previous:I thought that hat looked familiar.

Speaking of the Duchess, she just presented the trophy to the winning connections of the King's Stand Stakes. The race commentators from the TVG studios in L.A. questioned whether this was really a royal presenter. Their reasoning is that since Camilla is "just a duchess" she isn't really royal. :bang:

No Edward and Sophie? Lovely images!

No Edward or Sophie today. :flowers: However attendance update sees the Linleys and Mike Tindall in the royal box!

Last edited:
It's their wedding anniversary today, so I am not suprised that they are not there. :)

The Countess of Wessex has two engagements in Cheshire today that would most likely explain why she's not there. I would think attending Royal Ascot and watching these stunning house would be a lovely way to spend their anniversary.

The Countess of Wessex has two engagements in Cheshire today that would most likely explain why she's not there. I would think attending Royal Ascot and watching these stunning house would be a lovely way to spend their anniversary.

Thanks for the info. Based on that, Edward will not be with her.

Thanks for the info. Based on that, Edward will not be with her.

Edward is not with her today. The pair have no engagements tomorrow, Edward has a few on Thursday.

:previous: jury is out on the Duchess of Gloucester's dress til I see a better picture (but I dont think it is a rave) ...however, I love her hat!

william and kae will be there?

corazon said:
william and kae will be there?

There were not there today and are not confirmed to attend any of the 4 days racing. We might see them Saturday if William is not at work.

Last edited:
William rarely attends Ascot. In fact, has he ever attended?

:previous:

Never seen the carriage procession like that before. Thanks for this great video !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom