Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a snobbish thing to say.

I had wanted both quotes. The obnoxious one that faulted Carol Middleton for being a "commoner". ZaJa, you are quite correct.

MRSJ said:
Holy hats! Seriously it's crazy :)

The hats are amazing but that article is pretty snarky. The press are always so mean spirited about Carole Middleton, as are so many others. All we really know about her is that she raised a very poised, elegant woman who's quickly turning into a huge asset for the royal family and that she started her career in a pretty typical low level position before building a hugely successful company with her husband. That suggests to me that she's probably pretty smart and hard-working.

The constant insinuation that she's somehow inferior as a person because she used to be an airline hostess- it's so shallow.

Carole sure does seem to be enjoying herself.............:whistling:

As she should! How fun! The other people in the carriage with the Middletons are Dr Jim Hay and his wife Fitri. They're wealthy racehorse owners.

As she should! How fun! The other people in the carriage with the Middletons are Dr Jim Hay and his wife Fitri. They're wealthy racehorse owners.

Do you know if they are a part of the racing syndicate that the Middleton's belong to? A bit confused on why its a big deal that Carole is enjoying herself. Should she be scowling or glaring at people while she rides in the carriage? How is she supposed to act?

Its also a bit odd that it wasn't a big deal when Christopher Rhys Jones was at Ascot. And for the record, when his daughter Sophie married married in the BRF, they also ordered a coat of arms. So apparently its not just the Middleton's who are attempting to raise above their station.

And before anyone says anything I don't think there is anything wrong with Carole (and Mike) wanting the best for their children, getting a coat of arms, or running a successful business.

Last edited:
What a snobbish thing to say.

Yes, I agree snobbish. I am sure that if the poster who made the "commoner" and "social climber" comments had been invited by the Queen to join the carriage procession, said poster would not have declined!

A bit confused on why its a big deal that Carole is enjoying herself. Should she be scowling or glaring at people while she rides in the carriage? How is she supposed to act?.

I don't think it's so much a big deal with Carole and Mike enjoying themselves as much as an opportunity to acknowledge a very joyful period in a family's life..
There's usually such a lot of sadness in the press generally but in this case and in this family, things have turned out great.. we're delighted for them.

Last edited:
Do you know if they are a part of the racing syndicate that the Middleton's belong to? A bit confused on why its a big deal that Carole is enjoying herself. Should she be scowling or glaring at people while she rides in the carriage? How is she supposed to act?

Its also a bit odd that it wasn't a big deal when Christopher Rhys Jones was at Ascot. And for the record, when his daughter Sophie married married in the BRF, they also ordered a coat of arms. So apparently its not just the Middleton's who are attempting to raise above their station.

Exactly! I don't understand why people are making a deal of Carole and Michael in carriage as "commoners" when Sophie's father has been in many Royal carriages upon his "commoner" daughter's marriage to Prince Edward. Christopher also attends the Order of the Garter as well. As for the coat of arms, doesn't that always happen when someone marries into the Royal family? When Sophie's family got a new one it was upon her marriage, which she said was a lovely thing to do have done. Where Diana's or Sarah's parents ever invited?

It's also only natural the press would focus their cameras on Michael and Carole as they are "fresh meat" to photograph. The same would have been done had William and Catherine been in the carriage. Think of the recent events they have attended at the amount of photographs has generated of them, when the other members were basically ignored. It's because they're a new fascination for the press. The heat will burn out soon enough. (Perhaps not for William and Catherine though!)

Sophie did look lovely yesterday; she was wearing her Epsom Derby outfit, which still looks classly two weeks later. Very nice she was with her father. It's lovely that the Queen includes her in-laws with family occasions as they are family at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I think Yekaterina's quote was terribly offensive and really a reflection on her more than on Carole Middleton who in my opinion has every right to be enjoying herself in the carriage.It is beyond me why people are so nasty to her , she has worked hard and become a successful business woman,good for her!!!She also managed to raise three great adults.

I think Yekaterina's quote was terribly offensive and really a reflection on her more than on Carole Middleton who in my opinion has every right to be enjoying herself in the carriage.It is beyond me why people are so nasty to her , she has worked hard and become a successful business woman,good for her!!!She also managed to raise three great adults.

ABSOLUTELY!!! You said everything!

Yes, it's a truism that some members remain unaware that the tone and language they use often reveals more about themselves than it does about the subject.

So true, Marlene!
Mrs Middleton is an adorable hard working person and a great mother. Good for her to establish good relations with her in-laws!

Who else was in the carriages?

Ohhh I like Eugenie's dress/skirt. I like polka dots. I also like her headgear as well. Is it wrong of me to think Eugenie is prettier than her sister?

The Queen is perfect like always :) and Princess Eugenie looks good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who else was in the carriages?

I saw Princess Michael of Kent in the carriage. I missed the procession, but caught a quick glance of her. She looked glamourous, as usual!

There is a woman sat next to Princess Michael, in red and white and it is possible I heard the reporter say it was Catherine definetely no 100% though.

Thanks for the image. I love Princess Michael. :D

On a side note, Dame Shirley Bassey is at Ascot today. Singing legend! :D

Have to say, HM looks wonderful today, as does Princess Michael. I LOVE the icy green. Princess Eugenie looks great! I do like her saucer hat and love the color combination.

Mrs. Middleton looked so classy and elegant yesterday. I loved the hat and the creamy taupe color. Good for her, and good for Prince William to keep his promise of ensuring his in-laws are part of the family....which is exactly what they are, family.

Hi,

I don't know what all the criticizms of the Middletons are and why.
They seem a very civilized and classy family and are successful. Good for them....

Mrs. Middleton was the best dressed lady at the wedding and she looks great at Ascot too.
Very stylish - more women should dress like that...
Brava!!!

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom