Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
:crown5:

Royal Ascot
part 2

commencing 2008

Royal Ascot 1, covering all years to 2007, can be found here

  

Last edited:
Where is everyone?

My husband and I are sitting here in our home on the far north coast of NSW watching the coverage from Ascot live. The second race has just been won by a Spanish horse (and lost by our own Takeover Target!). We have seen HM arrive with the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Andrew, and Charles & Camilla arrive with Beatrice & Eugenie, and I am dying to know whether anyone else saw the carriage that arrived about 15 minutes earlier with a girl in it that looked very much like Kate to me.

Come out and play, please. :)

Bea and Eugenie's ensembles are ugly with a capital U! Eugenie looks as if she has raked through the contents of a second hand clothes shop. This is one of the most fashionable evnts on the planet and I don't know how they can show their faces in such terrible clothes and hats.

No idea what Zara was thinking. That *****bow blouse completely hides her neck and that ridiculous hat squashes her face downwards. Very badly chosen indeed. The Queen's outfit is smart, classic but I'm not sure I like the creepers. Camilla has been a little boring today but it's extremely elegant, suits her and she seems to be enjoying herself. I haven't seen the girls yet but I'm expecting the worst.

Right you are, BeatrixFan, noting that Zara's outfit is a rather poor choice. I am totally disappointed with her hat. Her Majesty and Duchess of Cornwall look appropriately boring. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits are relatively better. I am not keen on their headpieces/hats though.

Another fashion fiasco show on the part of Beatrice and Eugenie. Poor posture, ungroomed hair, ill-fitting clothing, sullen expressions - the list goes on and on.
These two have quite a collection of too-tight jackets which they throw on over every outfit whether it is coordinated or not. Always leg-o-mutton sleeves which are seemingly too small - the sleeves are skin-tight and look like sausage casings.
Eugenie is only 18 years old and is wearing a hat which is much too much for someone her age.
Beatrice a future fashion designer? What a joke!
And cousin Zara looks very va-va-voom in her verrrrry tight white blouse - could she breathe?

The Queen looks great, I think, but the others??? Bad day for all of them, except maybe Camilla, but she was rather boring instead. Though I do prefer that to ugly outfits.

Looking at the photos posted by Daily Mail, I am very surprised to see an abundance of halter and sleeveless dresses. I always thought that women are expected to wear ensembles that include a jacket/dress with sleeves. Is is a new trend?
Countess of Wessex chooses to wear yet another satellite type hat ... but I really like it. Her dress is sleeveless. I hope there is a jacket somewhere on a chair behind her... I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella Windsor :)

I've just spotted my girlfiriend in the London Features International...:lol::ohmy:...oh this is priceless!!! She looks impeccable as ever...I'm so saving this link. Cheers :flowers:

As for Zara, her hat is divine. What an inticing colour is cream (seems to be cream, could be off wite or ivory). She has bought a touch of My Fair Lady to Royal Ascot in '08', that is for sure.

Last edited:
Her Majesty looks fabulous. Everyone else (except from what I see of Camilla) should appear on "What not to Wear at Royal Ascot."

I love the colour of Eugenie's outfit. I think if she'd have gone for a plain white dress and a fairly normal hat the outfit could have been picture perfect. As for Beatrice - someone buy the girl a mirror or a gay man.

I thought Her Majesty looked great, maybe the younger generation can learn something from her because I don't think any of them looked good. Zara is beautiful but I didn't like this years outfit.

One of Sophie's satellite dishes attacked Beatrice!

I did not like Sophie's outfit and both of the York girls- not much can ever be said!!

Personally I feel Philip Traecy (is that right?) creations are now just been recycled over and over again.
Sophie has worn that outfit several times.
They apparently changed the dress codes this year, and those for the royal enclosure.

Camilla was looking tired or unhappy IMO. Liked the Queen's ensemble. Eugenie's turban was strange but I do like the color of her ensemble. Beatrice's hat was also odd, I'm just not too fond of hats worn on the forehead. It's rather like an exaggeration of the Countess of W's saucer hats. Very interesting to see the big hug between Zara and the PoW. Wasn't too thrilled with Zara's hat either.

I thought Her Majesty looked great, maybe the younger generation can learn something from her because I don't think any of them looked good. Zara is beautiful but I didn't like this years outfit.

Like I've said before --- the Queen in the last few years seems to be having some fun with fashion. For her age, she looks wonderful. She has always had a gorgeous complexion, is fit and healthy. To look that good at 82 is remarkable.
Camilla looks perfect. Her clothes look very expensive and appropriate for a woman her age. Big improvement over Trooping the Colour and Garter Ceremony. She looks very good in soft pastels.
Sophie --- a big NO. Dress not flattering and hat --- can she see?
I've already spoken about the Bea and Eugenie horror show ---

-HM and DOC: i agree with some comments: appropriate that's all. Pretty and fresh though. Maybe they 'll be more adventurous for the Ladies' day. Love Camilla's brooch from Queen Mum.
-Sophie: no particular comments. Not a great fan of the mini UFO hat, the green color is so so.
-Speaking of adventurous choice, Zara looks good IMO: it's young and fun
-Bea and Eugenie. Bah as usual i think their outfit come from some cheap TV show sets.

Thank you for the great pictures guys. Its nice to see the royal family interacting in such warm and "normal" way.
However i think the comments by some people in this forum on what the royal ladies, especially Bea and Eugenie, are wearing are unnecesarily negative and "catty". I understand there is a fashion section to the message boards. I feel the comments are unhelpful and unnecesary and are not productive in any way.
These few comemtents are making me not want to read and take part in these forums as to be honest, in my opinion, they are becoming boring and just mean spirited.

But thats all just my opinion.

Thanks for the pictures though, very lovely.

Last edited:
Great pics, thank you all :flowers: I like the pics of Bea and
Eugenie in the Royal box, making those funny faces, but my
favourite pics are those of Charles hugging Zara, what a
rare and private - and not to forget funny ;) - moment .

Zara looks fantastic!! I liked Beatrice's outfit, and I thought that Eugenie's dress was very pretty but could have done with a different jacket and hat.

Thanks for the pictures I have enjoyed looking at them. Zara should have chosen a different hat. As for Eugenie and Beatrice they are young and enjoying trying different looks. Better now than when they are 40 I say.

Her Majesty looked great - unfortunately her horse did not win.

Zara - Another poster called it "sassy", true, I really liked it. It suits her. However she gave an interview to Clare Balding and could not finish one sentence, presented herself like a moron. I'd expect a royal, especially Zara who is used to TV etc, to be a bit more professional. Yes this whole Toytown thing was very disappointing but time to get over it and give an appropriate comment instead of stuttering "I don't know ... I don't know what to say". If so, don't agree to do a TV interview.

Eugenie & Bea - OMG. First time at Ascot and already wearing such ugly outfits. Even the BBC's fashion expert did not know what to say at first, of course he had to stay polite therefore he said "this (hair) or this (hat) or this (dress) does not do any favours" - Bottom line: They looked hideous.

I like Zara but I don't like her outfit. She look so big in this. What happen with her bra?! Her dress has to big belt as for her. Hat great.

Eugenie's hat disaster. But that's Ascot. Skirt nice but too short. I've hope that next time will be better.

Batrice ...black and white young lady.

Camilla's hat again what she show us before. she or Charles should buy her few new has and headwears.

HM is HM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom