Royal Ascot
part 2

commencing 2008

Royal Ascot 1, covering all years to 2007, can be found here

  

Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Where is everyone?

My husband and I are sitting here in our home on the far north coast of NSW watching the coverage from Ascot live. The second race has just been won by a Spanish horse (and lost by our own Takeover Target!). We have seen HM arrive with the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Andrew, and Charles & Camilla arrive with Beatrice & Eugenie, and I am dying to know whether anyone else saw the carriage that arrived about 15 minutes earlier with a girl in it that looked very much like Kate to me.

Come out and play, please.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

Bea and Eugenie's ensembles are ugly with a capital U! Eugenie looks as if she has raked through the contents of a second hand clothes shop. This is one of the most fashionable evnts on the planet and I don't know how they can show their faces in such terrible clothes and hats.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics

MediumPhoto

London Features International Ltd

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=2
Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

HM looks very smart! (thanks giov ) - MediumPhoto

Beatrice & Eugenie - London Features International Ltd

Zara Phillips - London Features International Ltd
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 AM

No idea what Zara was thinking. That *****bow blouse completely hides her neck and that ridiculous hat squashes her face downwards. Very badly chosen indeed. The Queen's outfit is smart, classic but I'm not sure I like the creepers. Camilla has been a little boring today but it's extremely elegant, suits her and she seems to be enjoying herself. I haven't seen the girls yet but I'm expecting the worst.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Right you are, BeatrixFan, noting that Zara's outfit is a rather poor choice. I am totally disappointed with her hat. Her Majesty and Duchess of Cornwall look appropriately boring. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits are relatively better. I am not keen on their headpieces/hats though.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love these pics
Zara and Eugenie

Zara and Prince Charles

Beatrice and Eugenie

Sophie

Article and nice pics
Zara Phillips is the early frontrunner in the Royal Ascot fashion stakes | Mail Online
Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Another fashion fiasco show on the part of Beatrice and Eugenie. Poor posture, ungroomed hair, ill-fitting clothing, sullen expressions - the list goes on and on.
These two have quite a collection of too-tight jackets which they throw on over every outfit whether it is coordinated or not. Always leg-o-mutton sleeves which are seemingly too small - the sleeves are skin-tight and look like sausage casings.
Eugenie is only 18 years old and is wearing a hat which is much too much for someone her age.
Beatrice a future fashion designer? What a joke!
And cousin Zara looks very va-va-voom in her verrrrry tight white blouse - could she breathe?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

The Queen looks great, I think, but the others??? Bad day for all of them, except maybe Camilla, but she was rather boring instead. Though I do prefer that to ugly outfits.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking at the photos posted by Daily Mail, I am very surprised to see an abundance of halter and sleeveless dresses. I always thought that women are expected to wear ensembles that include a jacket/dress with sleeves. Is is a new trend?
Countess of Wessex chooses to wear yet another satellite type hat ... but I really like it. Her dress is sleeveless. I hope there is a jacket somewhere on a chair behind her... I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella Windsor
Old 06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics
Royal Ascot 2008 - Day 1 - Pictures - Zimbio
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I've just spotted my girlfiriend in the London Features International......oh this is priceless!!! She looks impeccable as ever...I'm so saving this link. Cheers

As for Zara, her hat is divine. What an inticing colour is cream (seems to be cream, could be off wite or ivory). She has bought a touch of My Fair Lady to Royal Ascot in '08', that is for sure.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Her Majesty looks fabulous. Everyone else (except from what I see of Camilla) should appear on "What not to Wear at Royal Ascot."
Old 06-17-2008, 02:01 PM

I love the colour of Eugenie's outfit. I think if she'd have gone for a plain white dress and a fairly normal hat the outfit could have been picture perfect. As for Beatrice - someone buy the girl a mirror or a gay man.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Her Majesty looked great, maybe the younger generation can learn something from her because I don't think any of them looked good. Zara is beautiful but I didn't like this years outfit.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

One of Sophie's satellite dishes attacked Beatrice!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Nobility

I did not like Sophie's outfit and both of the York girls- not much can ever be said!!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Personally I feel Philip Traecy (is that right?) creations are now just been recycled over and over again.
Sophie has worn that outfit several times.
They apparently changed the dress codes this year, and those for the royal enclosure.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Camilla was looking tired or unhappy IMO. Liked the Queen's ensemble. Eugenie's turban was strange but I do like the color of her ensemble. Beatrice's hat was also odd, I'm just not too fond of hats worn on the forehead. It's rather like an exaggeration of the Countess of W's saucer hats. Very interesting to see the big hug between Zara and the PoW. Wasn't too thrilled with Zara's hat either.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot