Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love what Helen is wearing the elegance of the outfit and her accessories is perfect. Sophi looks gorgeous in blue and her bag from her engagement days lovely outfit.

I see that Princess Anne managed to find another ugly hat (blue and yellow) to complement her ensemble on Day 2.

Camilla's outfit was better today, sort of floaty and filmy. I liked the hat but could have done without the twisty bits.

And don't you think Lady Helen's hat was old-fashioned? Diana wore something similar back about 1985...

And the Queen looked smashing!! I really love her hat. (Isn't it a shame that your 80-something mother can pull together a better look than you?)

Last edited:
There is a picture of Sophie from today...in different shades of blue...STUNNING! Her hat...so unique...really beautiful!!!!!

It looks like Sophie's main fashion accessory again today was her dad!

There is a picture of Sophie from today...in different shades of blue...STUNNING! Her hat...so unique...really beautiful!!!!!

Here are the pictures of Sophie: ** picture 1 ** , ** picture 2 **
originally posted by Dierna23

I can't say I particularly like Sophie''s outfit; it's too conservative and dull, in my opinion.

Lady Helen Taylor and Sophie of Wessex:[snipped] Picture details
As expected, Lady Helen Taylor's outfit is the acme of perfection. :wub::wub:Her outfit reminds of glamourous 1930s or 1940s. Indeed, an impeccable taste in fashion runs in the Kent family.
Countess of Wessex looked amazing in a blue ensemble. Blue and its different hue are her colour. A light blue colour organically combined with a dark blue one. The wide brimmed hat adorned with flowers nicely completed the whole look.

As a side note ... Some ladies attending Ascot has a lot in common with ladies, who attended Aintree. It is amazing that no body criticises plunging necklines at Ascot.

I wonder why Sophie and Anne havn't been in the carraige procession yet.

I wonder why Sophie and Anne havn't been in the carraige procession yet.

Sophie hasnt riden in an Ascott carriage procession since 2006 so i doubt she will this year as she normally only goes two days and she has been yesterday and today

Anne will possibly be in it tomorrow

Although i like Lady Helen's outfit i saw a picture of the back and it had a low cowl neckline at the back which i didnt like

Thank goodness for the Kent ladies!

HM, the Duchess of Cornwall, Lady Helen, Princess Alexandra and the Duchess of Gloucester look great.

Oh Anne! What to do what to do! But you know fashion has never been her game...but she does great work for the Firm so I am gong to continue to give her a pass. Not sure about Sophie's look.

It was great to see Lady Helen in the carriage ride. It would be great to see Lady Rose or Lady Davinia at this as well but they are much more private so I will continue to enjoy my Trooping experiences.

Ladies Day

The Queen - a white satin dress with a turquoise lace overlay and white white with a turquoise lace trim designed by Angela Kelly
Princess Haya rode in the procession
Princess Anne, Prince and Princess Michael and Princess Eugenie who was in a lime green hat!

Princess Anne looks nice in a soft feminine ensemble.
Princess Michael recycled the light blue outfit she wore for the late Diana, Princess of Wales commemoration service. I love her hat.
Princess Eugene's look is all right.
The lady, who wore a version of Audrey Hepburn's black and white outfit from the film "My fair lady", is just plain ugly.

Seems interesting day today! Princess M's hat is also recycled. But it looks good.

I have just seen one pic of Princess Anne and her outfit reminds me a lot of an costume, which Cate Blancett wore in "Elizabeth - the golden age" :D Especially the hat. Its far better than the last two, isnt it? ;) I would say, I like it.

I do not like Eugenies hat at all! That is not a hat, in fact. It is a plate that has been perched on her head. It must be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on a royals head.

Anne on the other hand looks marvelous!

I'm beginning to wonder if the York princesses dress like this on purpose in order to frustrate the bejeebers out of us! :lol:

I love the Duchess of Cornwall's pink outfit. It's beautiful! The only thing I dont feel works with it are the gloves but otherwise, an amazing colour, a very elegant hat and a stunning bit of bling.

On top of that, Eugenies dress.... well she looks like she crawled into a potato sack that had been dyed purple. It is terribly ill fitting at the top.

Hmm. I have not seen Camilla today. Does anyone have a link?

Last edited:
Ah thanks Warren. I thought that we were talking about Camilla on Ladies day. Is she there?

On another note, a teletubbie on parade describes Eugenie perfectly.

Well, I have nothing to say about ;) The bad sense of fashion from Fergie continues here. Don't want to be harsh, but thats my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God!!! Is a hat or a parabolic antenna the thing Eugenie wore???

Princess Anne loooks amazing. That hat is simply stunning. I would wear it. Princess Michaels hat is one she wore last year and is okay. Don't like the sleeves on her jacket. Eugenie is as you describe a telletubbie. The colours are a nice bright contrast but the hat looks like a satelight dish. Her Majesty has a new outfit, I haven't seen before and it's nice.

I think today tied for first would be Beatrice and Anne :flowers:

Oh and Sophie yesterday looked very beautiful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom