The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
I'm not normally one to comment on fashion issues - but I think the Queen looks amazing today!
10 years younger possibly??
Both HM and the DoE look and act, at the least, 10 years younger than they actaully are. Besides the longevity gene, good diet and plenty of exercise keeps them healthy.

They say that eventually age catches up to you. These two are always constantly on the go and giving age a run for its money.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Elegant in pink, the Queen and Prince Philip make it a very Royal Ascot: Everyone turns out in their finest - and even the sun comes out | Mail Online

Old 06-22-2014, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was at Ascot yesterday and I loved every minute of it. It was such a beautiful day weather wise which made the day even better. I saw the Queen and Philip go past in the procession and she waved at us! (Or our general direction but I like to think it was just at us....)
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I was at Ascot yesterday and I loved every minute of it. It was such a beautiful day weather wise which made the day even better. I saw the Queen and Philip go past in the procession and she waved at us! (Or our general direction but I like to think it was just at us....)

You lucky one! My parents won't let me come down because of the expense :(
Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I live 40 minutes from Ascot so it's not too bad. We were only in the Silver Ring as we had never been before so didn't know what to expect. We have decided now though we are going to fork out the extra for the Grandstand next year! We kept seeing people who were going to the Royal Enclosure as they had their name badges on. We were very jealous of them all. It was a really fun day out and it was quite exciting to see the horses race past. You also can't help but get really into it and scream for your horse. It made me think of the when we see the Royals in the Royal Box cheering their horses on - we all do the same thing, we just aren't being photographed doing it!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Nevermind. Saw an old photo and thought it was new.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

How Royal Ascot procession became a bumpy ride - Telegraph

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot