The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The York girls are not chubby. That is where this awful misnomer starts. They have nice figures. They do not need to look like pins. What they need is someone who can dress them to their best advantage.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Day 2 of the Royal Ascot ... I have no favourites. Similar to Crown Princess Letizia, Countess of Wessex loves her grey colour. This grey futuristic -themed headpiece is just hideous. It totally overpowered Countess' outfit, which had a jacket today. Any sightings of Lady Gabriella Windsor..?
Generally speaking, there is a trend of vulgarization of Royal Ascot with sleeveless dresses, plunging necklines, and absence of bras.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Commoner

i like Beatrice's outfit except the hat... i'm sure the look would have been completely different if she had done her hair like Zara for example... too much hair...
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?
Well I'm going to have to answer just to prove you wrong!

The Queen had one of hers racing on Tuesday. I don't know its name and I don't know where it finished but I'm pretty sure it didn't win. Ascot is being shown live here on cable and satellite but that race was on far too late for me.

I just checked The Guardian's race page and couldn't see HM's colours next to today's or tomorrow's runners. Saturday's aren't posted on their page yet. Purple body with gold braid, scarlet sleeves & black velvet cap with gold fringe. I don't know the name of her trainer but all this stuff should be available in the UK newspapers.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now, on to the serious stuff

I thought HM looked spectacular today. Loved the pretty colour of her outfit and the smart hat with its yellow highlight trim. Very summery and most attractive, I thought.

I thought Camilla looked very nice, too. Appropriate and a lovely colour and a nice change from the feathery halos.

Sophie's suit was very smart, but I don't know what to say about that thing on the side of her head, so I'll say nothing.

The big hit of the day for me was Anne. I'm sure that hat was waterproof and is the sort you can scrunch up and put in your bag. It's the very thing I am looking for as a birthday present for my 93 year old mother. I do wish I could email HRH and ask where she got it ........
Old 06-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?
I will answer you Tommy. I am very sorry but Ascot for most ladies is fashion and has nothing to do with horses at all. I have no idea if the Queen has any horses running as I have been so busy looking at the hats and fashion I haven´t had time to look.
At any other time of the year I could tell you all about the horses but Ascot!!! No way.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Purple body with gold braid, scarlet sleeves & black velvet cap with gold fringe.
Jockey Ryan Moore wearing HM's racing colours:

Doctor Freemantle's Derby hopes hinge on Twice Over's performance in the Dante | Mail Online

Here are some more infos about HM and Royal Ascot:
Ascot Racing: History of Ascot Racecourse

As usual, HM will do today's trophy presentation for the Gold Cup. She has had 19 Royal Ascot winners so far.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke of Marmalade, will you win today? Or did you race yesterday already?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Duke of Marmalade, will you win today? Or did you race yesterday already?
Jo I won the Prince of Wales's Stakes yesterday skydragon was very pleased as she apparently had a wager on me
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Has william and Harry ever attened Ascot? Sorry to ask but i just do not remember any pictures of them at Ascot!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Day 3 19th June Ladies Day
the Queen - in pale blue by Stuart Parvin and hat by Philip Sommerville not a new outfit as i believe it was worn in Malta in 2005 but she looks really well
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Anne - has small feathers in her hair
Beatrice - small white hat with large rose again near the front of her head but her hair is caught back of her face which is much better. seems to be a white dress with some aqua in it and a white jacket
Eugenie - white feathers (her hat was originally worn by bea at a previous Trooping the colour im not sure if it was last year or before that) wearing what appears to be a black dress and cream jacket trimmed in black
Autumn Philips riding for the first time at Ascot in a carriage - in a shocking pink massive hat and wearing something grey cant properly see

Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ooh you've had better coverage of the Royal party than we had, PrincessofEurope. We got a good look at HM, and she does look very nice. She's wearing a sapphire brooch I must try and identify. I saw the huge pink hat in one of the other carriages and wondered who was wearing it.

Guessing about what Anne and Beatrice & Eugenie are wearing is giving me something to look forward to in the morning.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Nobility

just found this and thought it might be good to post, its not from today but from the first day, at the beginning its jsut people arriving but a bit later on is Zara Phillips arriving and then the royal procession.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 AM

Interesting to note that at 4:11, Princess Anne curtsies to the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much for your coverage PrincessofEurope. Getty has got first few pictures, i have not seen the whole outfit of the Queen yet, but i can make sure that the hat was not the one worn in Turkey, i can recall that Her Majesty has worn the hat on the last day in Malta for CHOGM back in 2005. They both have the similar shape, i mean with the one in Turkey, but they are different, but the outfit must be the one in Turkey.
Really want to see a picture of what shocking hat Autumn is wearing. So other than these ladies no Gloucester or Kents?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Yes i realised my mistake i i think the whole outfit is the one from Malta as the BBC coverage showed her full lenght and there is the same bow detail at the front holding the coat together

i would image that the Gloucesters and the Kents will go tomorrow it seems to be their day

Old 06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen's hat at the centre of bizarre Ascot betting scandal | Mail Online

Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman View Post
Has william and Harry ever attened Ascot? Sorry to ask but i just do not remember any pictures of them at Ascot!
I do not believe they have as adults... I am not sure as children though.

I tried to find a picture of Autumn with the hat on, but so far no luck....arggg...lol..
Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Interesting to note that at 4:11, Princess Anne curtsies to the Duchess of Cornwall.
It surely is, seeing how Anne has never really favored receiving them.

Autumn Phillips looked like she was dressed for fun! She has a 1,000 watt smile that I just love.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Check the article on the betting scandal re: The Queens hat. There is a photo of Autumn included.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot