The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

From what I've seen, HM and Camilla win Day 2. The green looks smashing on Camilla, and the smaller arrangement of feathers on the hat is different than the enormous wreath she usually wears.

Really liked the Queen's purple hat with yellow flowers. She looks really good in purple, with yellow accents. But I do wish she'd change the shade of her lipstick to something less stark (IMO it looks like she's kept to her old lipstick shades as her hair has lightened). HM and Angela Kelly really work well together.

Sophie's hat ... weird. Looks like an exotic bird's nest, or an epiphyte, perched on the side of her head.

Looked like Princess Anne stuck a wadded-up purple paper bag on her head.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Daylife

Old 06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I like:
Camilla's 2 day hat. Not the colour but the style.
Haya's 2 day hat or headwear

Something strange ang grey grow on Sophie's face.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=giov;788120]I love these pics: Beatrice and Eugenie
In this photo poor Eugenie looks like a maharajah upset about something. The hat is not that bad but it sits at the wrong angle. Beatrice was not that bad.
Thanks Giov. I had a good laugh at the ladies from Gloucestershire......There should be a law that everyone should have a full length mirror available and be forced to look at their reflection before leaving home.......lol
Zara and Prince Charles......what a sweet photo.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
That's got to be one of the worst pics of Anne I've ever seen.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Nobility

I know they are trying fashion but Eugenie's hat was awful way too much going on. And Beatrice's looks like it is defying gravity.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Nobility

With the exception of the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall, never in 45 years of royalty watching have a group of royal ladies looked so awful all at the same time.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I love Princess Haya but so wish she would wear long dresses or pants. Her legs are not the best part of her body.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

All I can say is that Eugenie has beautiful, beautiful legs....they are almost as perfect as her late Aunt Duch's. But that is such an awful awfit, I can't figure out where or why she and her sister dress the way they do.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Gary Lineker races back to Britain for a day at Ascot with his stunning girlfriend | Mail Online from the daily mail

Old 06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Another tasteless footballer at Royal Ascot. Someone get this poor girl a bra!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

With the exception of the queen, day 2 was worse than day 1, if that could be. They all look like they shop at a store on Mars. On the other hand, Princess Anne, found hers in a trash can.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

[quote=Odette;788822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I love these pics
Beatrice and Eugenie

In this photo poor Eugenie looks like a maharajah upset about something. The hat is not that bad but it sits at the wrong angle. Beatrice was not that bad.

How can I say this delicately? Both Beatrice and Eugenie are...healthy..young ladies in terms of their bodies, and their clothes reflect young ladies who are size 2. They are ill fitting and too over the top. I wish someone would help them.

I actually liked Zara's outfit, bless her she has a bust and it showed yesterday!

HM..never gets it wrong....
Old 06-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, thank you for saying it nicely...I wanted to say what you did but I was afraid I'd be accosted by a bunch of politically correct drones giving me hell for insinuating that the York princesses look too chubby for those clothes.

Honestly, I think they are both just as attractive as their cousin Zara. But they have inherited their Mom's genes as well as her taste in clothing...and that is NOT a good thing!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

While being no fan of the York girls' outfits, I thought Zara looked terrible. She has a bust definitely, but yesterday it seemed to sag down to her navel. She is also no smaller size than either of her cousins and her hat was the same one that earned Sophie a beating last year, just in a different color. Generally Zara dresses for her body size and shape, but lately she is dropping the ball.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I thought Zara looked terrible. She has a bust definitely, but yesterday it seemed to sag down to her navel.
I totally agree! Zara looked horrible! I don't know what she was thinking wearing that outfit. Truly awful.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I totally agree! Zara looked horrible! I don't know what she was thinking wearing that outfit. Truly awful.
I first noticed Zara's sagging boobies at her cousin Peter's wedding last month when she was wearing that strapless gown. I don't get how such a young woman could have that problem...I thought that was one of the PERKS (no pun intended) of youth!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Gentry

Strapless gowns are the worst if you're big chested. You always look like you're going to pop out!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another tasteless footballer at Royal Ascot. Someone get this poor girl a bra!

You took the words out of my mouth. Did she burn her bra prior to "rushing bacck to Britain for Ascot" with Gary? Next year they, the Ascot reps, should add to the strict dress code: Bras...mandatory! Or at least stickies with a dress like that.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Nobility

I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot