The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I would LOVE to know what Philip was saying to Carole Middleton. It was obviously quite funny. (I think he'd be a very interesting person to have a conversation with in general. And the Queen.)

Oh, and IA, it looks to me like being at the races has done Philip some good. He looks better than he did at Trooping the Color, for sure imo.

Sophie's curtsey was amazing. Wow. So impressed. I wonder how much practice it took to get that down in heels.

Question: Why was this called "Ladies Day"?
Carole Middleton looked so happy today that I could not help but smile for her.

As to Ladies Day: The Royal Ascot web page explains that Friday and the weekend are for workers getting away, at last, from work. The mood those days is more relaxed than the first three days. The challenge of the Thursday Gold Cup, plus the last day that those who need not work have relatively to themselves, combine to make a day when ladies and designers traditionally have combined to show their best. So the fashion challenges parry and thrust on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the real fashion battle ensues on Thursday!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I am frightened by Prince Philip's look and face these days... he is really changed unfortunately....
To me, Philip looked much better than he did over the weekend. He also seemed to be enjoying himself in most of the pictures. Hopefully he'll continue to improve once he gets to Balmoral for the summer break.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Nobility

I think one of my favourite pictures from Royal Ascot is this one

Ladies day at Royal Ascot | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Great hat.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Royal Ascot 2012: Katherine Jenkins, Amy Childs and Kimberly Garner all turn on the style for Ladies Day | Mail Online
Old 06-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Today HM will be joined by Prince & Princess Michael of Kent and Christopher Rhys Jones.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Christopher rides in a carriage.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
I hope Christopher rides in a carriage.
Those are the guests who will be riding in the carriages :)
Old 06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Those are the guests who will be riding in the carriages :)
Ahh, i understand. That makes me happy then that he will be, specifically as Edward and Sophie likely wont be there today as they have other engagements.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen has a horse racing today, Estimate in the Queens Vase. The Duke of Edinburgh will present the trophies to the winner.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Day 4 of Royal Ascot :) I hate the commentator Clare gets she's called Kate Williams and she's awful!

First Carriage: Her Majesty wearing purple by Angela Kelly today and travelling with Christopher Rhys Jones and Alistair Bruce.

Second Carriage: Prince Michael and Princess Michael with Sir and Lady Rake. Princess Michael wearing blue and white.

Third Carriage: Lady Caroline Warren and John Warren, Mr Harry Leggy Bourke and wife Iona.

Fourth Carriage: The Honourable Edward Tolomash and his wife, Mr Johan Rupert and his wife.

I don't know if this happens often at Ascot but everyone in today's carriages have been in them before, surely it should be different people everyday?

Kate Williams just spewing out the most obvious royal comments and interrupting the important information!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Day 4 of Royal Ascot :) I hate the commentator Clare gets she's called Kate Williams and she's awful!

First Carriage: Her Majesty wearing purple by Angela Kelly today and travelling with Christopher Rhys Jones and Alistair Bruce.

Second Carriage: Prince Michael and Princess Michael with Sir and Lady Rake. Princess Michael wearing blue and white.

Third Carriage: Lady Caroline Warren and John Warren, Mr Harry Leggy Bourke and wife Iona.

Fourth Carriage: The Honourable Edward Tolomash and his wife, Mr Johan Rupert and his wife.

I don't know if this happens often at Ascot but everyone in today's carriages have been in them before, surely it should be different people everyday?

Kate Williams just spewing out the most obvious royal comments and interrupting the important information!
I so agree - I've switched her off. Apparently the Queen had a long relationship with her uncle!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe

I so agree - I've switched her off. Apparently the Queen had a long relationship with her uncle!
I muted her! She exclaimed most emphatically that The Queen simply loved corgis and horses! Could you get a more obvious royal statement?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

They also used her for the Thames PAgeant - dreadful

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Haya's horse Newfangled just won the Albany Stakes.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Order of Splendor - fashion for Ladies Day 3

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: Ascot 2012, Day 3
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Woohoo!! A winner for the Queen! Her horse Estimate has won the Queen's Vase. She looks absolutely thrilled.

EDIT

Guess who's on the rota to present the trophy to the winner of the Queen's Vase? None other than the Duke of Edinburgh!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal Ascot 2012: Queen brightens up gloom as she arrives for day four of racing | Mail Online
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

Royal Ascot 2012: Queen brightens up gloom as she arrives for day four of racing | Mail Online

The Queen looks so happy today! Princess Michael looks stunning and chic today, more than made up for yesterday's.....outfit...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Woohoo!! A winner for the Queen! Her horse Estimate has won the Queen's Vase. She looks absolutely thrilled.

EDIT

Guess who's on the rota to present the trophy to the winner of the Queen's Vase? None other than the Duke of Edinburgh!
Wonderful!!

Pss. Michael does look much better today. Lovely outfit.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to the Queen

One of the best picture

Queen A Winner At Royal Ascot - Images | Newspix International

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot