Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, HM and Camilla win Day 2. The green looks smashing on Camilla, and the smaller arrangement of feathers on the hat is different than the enormous wreath she usually wears.

Really liked the Queen's purple hat with yellow flowers. She looks really good in purple, with yellow accents. But I do wish she'd change the shade of her lipstick to something less stark (IMO it looks like she's kept to her old lipstick shades as her hair has lightened). HM and Angela Kelly really work well together.

Sophie's hat ... weird. Looks like an exotic bird's nest, or an epiphyte, perched on the side of her head.

Looked like Princess Anne stuck a wadded-up purple paper bag on her head.

Last edited:
I like:
Camilla's 2 day hat. Not the colour but the style.
Haya's 2 day hat or headwear:)

Something strange ang grey grow on Sophie's face.

Last edited:
I love these pics: Beatrice and Eugenie
In this photo poor Eugenie looks like a maharajah upset about something. The hat is not that bad but it sits at the wrong angle. Beatrice was not that bad.
Thanks Giov. I had a good laugh at the ladies from Gloucestershire......There should be a law that everyone should have a full length mirror available and be forced to look at their reflection before leaving home.......lol
Zara and Prince Charles......what a sweet photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are trying fashion but Eugenie's hat was awful way too much going on. And Beatrice's looks like it is defying gravity.

With the exception of the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall, never in 45 years of royalty watching have a group of royal ladies looked so awful all at the same time.

Oh I love Princess Haya but so wish she would wear long dresses or pants. Her legs are not the best part of her body.

All I can say is that Eugenie has beautiful, beautiful legs....they are almost as perfect as her late Aunt Duch's. But that is such an awful awfit, I can't figure out where or why she and her sister dress the way they do.

With the exception of the queen, day 2 was worse than day 1, if that could be. They all look like they shop at a store on Mars. On the other hand, Princess Anne, found hers in a trash can.

I love these pics
Beatrice and Eugenie

In this photo poor Eugenie looks like a maharajah upset about something. The hat is not that bad but it sits at the wrong angle. Beatrice was not that bad.

How can I say this delicately? Both Beatrice and Eugenie are...healthy..young ladies in terms of their bodies, and their clothes reflect young ladies who are size 2. They are ill fitting and too over the top. I wish someone would help them.

I actually liked Zara's outfit, bless her she has a bust and it showed yesterday!

HM..never gets it wrong....

Well, thank you for saying it nicely...I wanted to say what you did but I was afraid I'd be accosted by a bunch of politically correct drones giving me hell for insinuating that the York princesses look too chubby for those clothes.

Honestly, I think they are both just as attractive as their cousin Zara. But they have inherited their Mom's genes as well as her taste in clothing...and that is NOT a good thing!

While being no fan of the York girls' outfits, I thought Zara looked terrible. She has a bust definitely, but yesterday it seemed to sag down to her navel. She is also no smaller size than either of her cousins and her hat was the same one that earned Sophie a beating last year, just in a different color. Generally Zara dresses for her body size and shape, but lately she is dropping the ball.

I thought Zara looked terrible. She has a bust definitely, but yesterday it seemed to sag down to her navel.
I totally agree! Zara looked horrible! I don't know what she was thinking wearing that outfit. :eek: Truly awful.

I totally agree! Zara looked horrible! I don't know what she was thinking wearing that outfit. :eek: Truly awful.

I first noticed Zara's sagging boobies at her cousin Peter's wedding last month when she was wearing that strapless gown. I don't get how such a young woman could have that problem...I thought that was one of the PERKS (no pun intended) of youth!

Strapless gowns are the worst if you're big chested. You always look like you're going to pop out! :eek:

Another tasteless footballer at Royal Ascot. Someone get this poor girl a bra!

You took the words out of my mouth.:rolleyes: Did she burn her bra prior to "rushing bacck to Britain for Ascot" with Gary? Next year they, the Ascot reps, should add to the strict dress code: Bras...mandatory! Or at least stickies with a dress like that.

I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?

Last edited:
The York girls are not chubby. That is where this awful misnomer starts. They have nice figures. They do not need to look like pins. What they need is someone who can dress them to their best advantage.

Day 2 of the Royal Ascot ... I have no favourites. Similar to Crown Princess Letizia, Countess of Wessex loves her grey colour. This grey futuristic -themed headpiece is just hideous. It totally overpowered Countess' outfit, which had a jacket today. Any sightings of Lady Gabriella Windsor..?
Generally speaking, there is a trend of vulgarization of Royal Ascot with sleeveless dresses, plunging necklines, and absence of bras.

Last edited:
i like Beatrice's outfit except the hat... i'm sure the look would have been completely different if she had done her hair like Zara for example... too much hair...

I have no doubt this won't get answered as its nothing to do with fashion (I am in the Royal Ascot forum yes? thought i'd accidentaly ended up in the fashion forum for a moment). Does the Queen have any of her own horses racing in Ascot this year?

Well I'm going to have to answer just to prove you wrong!:D

The Queen had one of hers racing on Tuesday. I don't know its name and I don't know where it finished but I'm pretty sure it didn't win. Ascot is being shown live here on cable and satellite but that race was on far too late for me.

I just checked The Guardian's race page and couldn't see HM's colours next to today's or tomorrow's runners. Saturday's aren't posted on their page yet. Purple body with gold braid, scarlet sleeves & black velvet cap with gold fringe. I don't know the name of her trainer but all this stuff should be available in the UK newspapers.

Now, on to the serious stuff :lol:

I thought HM looked spectacular today. Loved the pretty colour of her outfit and the smart hat with its yellow highlight trim. Very summery and most attractive, I thought.

I thought Camilla looked very nice, too. Appropriate and a lovely colour and a nice change from the feathery halos.

Sophie's suit was very smart, but I don't know what to say about that thing on the side of her head, so I'll say nothing. :shock:

The big hit of the day for me was Anne. :photo: I'm sure that hat was waterproof and is the sort you can scrunch up and put in your bag. It's the very thing I am looking for as a birthday present for my 93 year old mother. I do wish I could email HRH and ask where she got it ........:D

I will answer you Tommy. I am very sorry but Ascot for most ladies is fashion and has nothing to do with horses at all. I have no idea if the Queen has any horses running as I have been so busy looking at the hats and fashion I haven´t had time to look.
At any other time of the year I could tell you all about the horses but Ascot!!! No way.

Duke of Marmalade, will you win today? Or did you race yesterday already? :flowers:

Has william and Harry ever attened Ascot? Sorry to ask but i just do not remember any pictures of them at Ascot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom