The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Ascot 2011 - Day 1

It is always a pleasure to see Japanese ladies wearing kimonos. The hat worn by Isabell Kristensen is my personal favourite because it reminds me of the one worn by Audrey Hepburn in "My Fair Lady".

Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

new gallery from Belga

BelgaPicture - Category details

Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen and other royal arrival to Royal Ascot
Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Not sure of the age limit, but I remember Zara coming to Ascot when she was about 12 or so. And knowing what we know now of her....she probably came for the horses

So we have a ways to go with Louise.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hopefully Louise will make an appearance in her later teens as it has been said she also loves horses.
An enthusiastic Sophie cheering her horse on = here
Credit @ Here
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

So far so good for the first day. I think all the ladies looked lovely. Beatrice blew me out of the water. The structure on the coat fitted her beautifully, and her hat was simple and elegant.

IMO, Camilla should have waited to wear that outfit, so as not to tie to close to the wedding.

Anne looked lovely.

I LOVE Sophie's color choice! And the way her hair is styled to complement her saucer hat!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another gallery W.E.N.N. Shows some lovely ones of the family in the balcony.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Another gallery W.E.N.N. Shows some lovely ones of the family in the balcony.
Lovely pictures, definitely Sophie's horse wins , she is extremely happy
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, at least the two York girls haven't disgraced themselves in the fashion stakes... but I'm disappointed with Sophie...
Old 06-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie,Countess of Wessex cheering

pic1

pic2
pic3
pic4
more in this link , just wrote Royal Ascot 2011 in search panel :)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love how the Royal family all greet one another with kisses on each cheek.

Thanks MagMil for the link to more images.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Gentry

Looking at the W.E.N.N. pictures of the family in the royal box, I think the Queen needs a higher chair. You can just see her hat over the railing.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Just back from Day 1 of Ascot: there is an age limit of 16 in the Royal Enclosure during the week, although on Fridays and Saturdays [after school ends for the week] children aged 10-16 can be admitted with their parents / godparents etc. Zara's appearance as a youngster caused controversy because she was too young [from memory it was to deflect attention from some difficulty or other - enagement of the Princess Royal or something.

I have the honour to be in the Royal Enclosure all week - I have a blue badge like Sophie is wearing [see above photo]; it is a little more elaborate than usual because of Ascot's 300 year anniversary.

Camilla's outfit - beautifully made and all that but ladies who understand fashion said that it was cut in such a way that it made her derrriere look larger than it was:

Queen peering over rail: very perceptive observation; when Ascot Racecourse was remodelled in 2005 HUGE design errors were made - the Queen literally could not see over the rail of the newly-remodelled Royal Box and complained like anything after the first race in 2006. Since then, a bit of tweaking has gone on, but there are still huge problems with visibility, including the Queen's line of sight. Brigadier Erskine Crum, who led the 'remodelling' quickly left his job...................!

Must go and get some sleep now;

Alex
Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am jealous of your ability to enter the Royal Enclosure! I hope you have a lovely time all week. Thanks for your thoughts on the day. :)
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Video: The Queen and other royal arrival to Royal Ascot
Ha Ha...at about 1:10 in the video it looks like Charles is trying to figure out what order everyone needs to exit the carriage in.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Nobility

I would love to have overheard the conversation between Charles, Camilla, and the York sisters. Were the ladies discussing Philip Treacy hats? Did Charles have music suggestions for the girls? Or maybe they had music suggestions for him?

On another note, it seems like Andrew has really been embraced by the family despite some of the more unflattering headlines. At Trooping the Colour, he was in the same carriage as Camilla and Kate. Today, he got to ride with the Queen and Philip. It doesn't appear that leading members of the family are trying to keep their distance in public.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Ascot Day 1
Rex USA - Photographic press agency and picture library
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie head to Ascot for a day at the races
Article & pictures
Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's so lovely to see Christopher Rhys-Jones, Sophie's father, in the Royal procession. He is present in the carriage quite a lot. I do hope we see Catherine's family in the procession in the future.

The Queen wearing a bright pink hat today. She looks delightful.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Who else are attending today? Catherine too?

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot