The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Princess Haya looks fantastic.

Princess Beatrice looks beautiful. Some day's she a hit others she completely misses. There really is no in between, but oh how I love when she's on!

Princess Eugenie looks alright. I love the color, and I love the skirt of her dress, but the shrug jackets just aren't for her, they cut her funny and make her look far bigger than she is.

HM- looks great, although I don't know that I'm such a fan of the hat.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Goodness...is that something new on Anne? I actually like what I see of the outfit not sure about the hat.
Princess Anne wore quite a similar outfit in orange I guess two years ago. I really think it must be a new outfit and it looks nice!

I love Beatrice's hat. Really elegant & classy.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice looks much better than she did at the royal wedding ... then again, she could have looked better in her bath robe than what she wore on April 29! Princess Eugenie -- color is O.K. ... hat is an improvement ... not a fan of green lace.

Dear god ... if there are any designers and/or people who can help these two girls dress better --- please do so now! I just don't understand how two young girls with access to everything and anyone can just get it so wrong so often. ????
Old 06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Everyone looks so good today. Nice choices for the ladies, except I don't like Eugenie's hat.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Commoner

Beatrice looks very elegant today!

To be honest i don't mind so much William and Catherine aren't there today...i mean it was a busy week, especially for Catherine, I'm gland is they're back to the normal life, even for some days
Old 06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Everyone looks so good today. Nice choices for the ladies, except I don't like Eugenie's hat.
Everyone except Sophie, Countess of Wessex...I am not sure what to say...

Sophie, Countess of Wessex + Two.

On a positive side, I like her hairstyle...
Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, not convinced the jacket fits very well.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

I LOVE the color on Sophie, so vibrant. And Molly2101, I agree I love her hair like that, so elegant with her saucer hat.

Well, I am so happy to say, Princess Beatrice looks FANTASTIC. Great color, cut, style, modern, and the hat looks perfect!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Commoner

no Zara? :-(
Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Ascot 2011: Queen leads the way as Royals attend day one of horse race | Mail Online
Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

About Sophie's choice was a bold one. I 'll give her props to that. Loving the color
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail do not hang about.

Now that I have seen Sophie's outfit in full, it's not THAT bad. The colour is beautiful, however I am not a fan of the shoulders. It does look much better in full view though. I do love the hat. At first I was not moved by the outfit, but now that I have seen it, it is growing on me.

I do love the men's morning suits though. I think they all look so dapper in them.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Majesty

I think Her Majesty looks quite wonderful. I love the color of her outfit. Very subtle and elegant (and summer-y). The York girls (especially Beatrice) look very nice as well. Love the color of Eugenie's dress (not so crazy about the hat and jacket though). Beatrice looks class and elegant. Sophie's outfit has a nice color, and her hair looks wonderful, but that's pretty much it. Duchess of Cornwall looks elegant and classy, and Princess Royal didn't too badly ether. Overall, very nice indeed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love Sophie's hat. I mean, come on - that's Ascot, I expect "crazy" stuff and I'm pretty sure it's another one of Treacy's fab creations. The color of her outfit is also great on her, but the puff sleeves of the jacket aren't the most flattering style for her.

Camilla's coat is gorgeous.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Ascot - Day 1 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A very very lovely display of fashion on the first day, Sophie looks stunning.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I love Sophie's hat. I mean, come on - that's Ascot, I expect "crazy" stuff and I'm pretty sure it's another one of Treacy's fab creations. The color of her outfit is also great on her, but the puff sleeves of the jacket aren't the most flattering style for her.

Camilla's coat is gorgeous.
I agree with you regarding Sophie. At first glance I was a bit, "Woah, Sophie!" but when I saw a full length picture I noticed how beautiful the dress underneath was. The colour is vibrant, which is very "in" at Ascot, so she knew that would get a reaction. The hat is quite "out there", as are most of Sophie's hats, so we should not have expected any less. I think it looks much better with her hair styled up, which she can now do. The twists look very intricate.

I LOVE Camilla's coat; I loved it on the Royal Wedding day and I love it today. Camilla does not, however, like to go for many colours other than pale blue or cream...
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

getty gallery
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

hmm Cream dale a Cream
everybody looks amazing
I like the color and the dress of Sophie , and the hat too.It's all good in pack
The design of Sophie's dress is very similar with the dress she worn to William wedding .But suits to her very well
Maybe we gonna see Louise, again ; i know is not gonna happened but
Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a shame Louise cannot come to Ascot, as I sure she would be in her element; horses, lots of cameras and a chance to smile.
This is slightly off topic but is there an age limit at Ascot? It was evident at the Epsom Derby that any one of any age could go, but I wasn't sure about Ascot.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot