The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2009, 05:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is a graceful act upon the Ascot organisers' part to let Japanese ladies bend the rules and wear traditional kimonos.
There are no rules against being fully covered, the rules prohibit showing too much flesh, (thank goodness) and the ladies had floral combs in their hair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
She has at her disposal the world's finest milliners and her budget is bottomless.
But even the rich and privileged get it wrong sometimes and, yesterday, in her pea green, satellite dish hat, Eugenie backed the wrong sartorial horse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...yal-Ascot.html

Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Trooping the colors, The Garter and Ascot the same week !
...as normal....

Old 06-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Sure, they are healthy young women, and I'm guessing happy, but the loss of a few pounds probably wouldn't go astray either (as is my personal opinion).
This is exactly the kind of comment their mother has railed against in the past. Most eating disorders are caused by careless comments from ignorant people. Both Beatrice & Eugenie are fine as they are. They are healthy & happy.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

CillW , thanks for your information but what a performance from the Old Duke of E.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
This is exactly the kind of comment their mother has railed against in the past. Most eating disorders are caused by careless comments from ignorant people. Both Beatrice & Eugenie are fine as they are. They are healthy & happy.
I'm not asking you to share my opinion, and insinuating (as it would appear to me that you certainly have) that I'm an ignorant person for suggesting they (particularly Beatrice, imo) could do with shedding a few pounds is an incredibly brash supposition itself.

Having endured a severe eating disorder throughout my teenage years, there's very little need (infact none whatsoever) to "inform" me of any related causes. Thanks all the same.

If you should read my post properly, you shall note that I mentioned, and quite clearly, that they seem to me to be both healthy and happy young women so I'm not sure what the need for reinforcing this fact was...

I was neither severe in my view, nor was there any malice behind it. I expressed the opinion that I think they could lose a little weight. I don't see the harm in it. I've certainly never suggested 'thin is beautiful' and I certainly don't think either of them need to lose any great amount, hence the 'few' as noted.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

And the winner is.... Princess Haya, she was the only one who looked good every day she was there
Old 06-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Gentry

Lady Paola Windsor is pregnant...
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/885...0A760B0D811297
Old 06-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Serene Highness

I am stunned that Eugenie's polka dot outfit is being cited as her saving grace in some quarters. That ensemble was as horrible as the other one. Both sisters IMO haven't managed to look good at ANY royal event they have attended. IMO the problem dosn't always lie in what they wear (although it does in most cases) but in how they wear it. Eugenie's green hat, for example, has been held up to ridicule but I feel I must defend it. The hat itself wasn't to blame for her looking ridiculous, it was how she wore it. I have seen many others wear such a style but they usually have the sense to do three basic things. One, wear their hair up; two, not wear the hat so low down on their head and three wear an outfit that co-ordinates.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
Lady Paola Windsor is pregnant...
Wow that's incredible a brother or sister for Albert. Yes Princess Haya was the definete winner for last week.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Courtier

HM has saved her best outfit for last and this time her coat looks as if it was made to fit her. PA saved her best outfit for last too, on Friday.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Gentry

Whatever we think of Princess Eugenie's polka dots her Granny seems very pleased with her in these pictures.

http://www.purepeople.com/media/la-p...ncline_m234974
Photos Elizabeth II - La princesse Eugenie d'York : toute son admiration pour sa grand-mère la reine... en une révérence étonnante !
Old 06-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely picture of Elizabeth,
Eugenie seems to curtsy a bit the way she did when a toddler, her upper body forwards, and her behind outwards, instead of sinking a bit more straight downwards

Beatrice and Eugenie : Baby/child Pics: Part 1
Old 06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness

One wrong outfit for Zara in the few years she has attended is not a comparison for the awful outfits the York Princesses wear, both here, or, for example, to Peter Phillips's wedding last year.

Anne was stunning in the frothy, pale, green. HM looked breathtaking everyday except the first.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I actually loved The Queen's outfit on the first day, but I didn't much care for her outfits for the rest of the week. I thought the Ladies Day outfit was especially unflattering, unfortunately.

I really missed Zara this year. Who else is going to give Prince Charles awkward hugs in the Royal Enclosure?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Courtier

I thought the Queen looked smart on all days but one – the Ladies Day.
Princess Haya was elegant most of the times with the exception of the first day, when her hat spoilt the otherwise smart ensemble.

Let’s hope Zara attends next year’s Ascot; the race was not nearly as exiting without her extravagant outfits and especially hats. Admittedly, the York sisters did provide some excitement, but it was for all the wrong reasons.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Royal Ascot.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/R...V0H4W1-05l.jpg

Hmm, is there something going on between Beatrice and this guy? His tie even matches her outfit.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post

Hmm, is there something going on between Beatrice and this guy? His tie even matches her outfit.

Well that is Princess Eugenie not Beatrice in the photo... and the guy in question is Jake Warren. He is the son of John Warren, the Queen's racing manager, and the grandson of the late Lord Canarvon..
Old 06-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post

That's Eugenie, and I don't think the matching tie is more then a coincidence. But Mr Warren does seem like a nice enough gentleman, Eugenie could do worse
Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Courtier

Jake Warren is right in the 'inner' circle of friends of not only Beatrice and Eugenie, but also (and more so) of William and Harry.
I do hope Eugenie and Jake are an 'item'; he is a genuinely nice person and they would make an agreeable couple.

Tags
british royal family, royal ascot