Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah looks very nice!

Not a fan of Beatrice's skirt today...a bit much. Can't really tell what Eugenie has on.

The queen looks lovely as always......and Zara is so sharp in her outfit today! Much better than the yellow dress from 2 days ago.

LaRae

Zara's ensemble is a vast improvement, however that dress is going to do nothing to tamp down on the pregnancy rumors, IMO.

Wish there was a pic of Eugenie's outfit. I rather like Bea's but it's easy to concede that it might not be to everyone's taste.

Sarah does look very nice. Interesting that she attended with Andrew and their girls. Is this the first time that's happened since the divorce or is it a common occurrence?

That i was ask about the Sara too. Is the first time there with Andrew or happen before?

IIRC she and Andrew have been out and about before and I believe Sarah has even been to royal family things with the he and the girls or just the girls.

LaRae

Beatrice's skirt today looks like it may be same designer as Eugenie's dress yesterday

Zara looks lovely today (as she did last night at her jewelry launch party)

I am really loving the fashions this year. So what if Zara is not a size 2? BUT, I do think she needs to make sure she has the proper undergarments so the dresses fit the right way. I think the Duchess of York looks lovely. We tend to forget that the famous women we knew from the 1980's all get older....as we do too. Her Majesty looks so peppy in what is said to be her favorite color, yellow.

Myself I think Zara looks nice, and it's not about her weight...the only thing I questioned is that she is rather out of shape for a professional athlete. I am surprised to find her muscle tone so loose, considering her job...I would think she would have been training to get things tightened up.

LaRae

Beatrice just couldn't make it two days in a row!!!! She looked so fabulous yesterday ... then, there was today.

Always good to see the York's together, but I love the fact that Sarah is there with them and in the royal box.

The York girls cannot seem to find someone who can dress them. And it seems they have no taste or mirror. Beatrice, looked great in that white dress, today she looks like she got her clothes from a garage bag. Very unbecoming and that hat. Eugenie, constantly allows clothing that fits her poorly to be sold to her and wear anything that makes her look chunkier. Sarah looked tailored and smart.

Last edited:
Seeing Sarah in the royal enclosure is odd. Zarah's ensemble is so so. I am surprised that Prince Edward and Sophie were not in attendance.

Last edited:
So nice to see Sarah there with her family, and looking good, too. I wish Beatrice and Eugenie could get their fashion acts together - it's so often a case of "so close, yet so far" to getting it right with them.

I really like Zara's outfit for today. Lovely. And I always love seeing the Queen in yellow.

Am surprised that Edward and Sophie aren't there - it seems like they always are.

Oh gosh I cannot believe after the disgrace she made of herself that bold as you like there she is at Ascot Sarah well the come back kid !!! I like both the York girls outfits they look really pretty.
Agree Zara looks a whole lot better thank heaven !!!

I take it that although Sarah was in the Royal Enclosure other Royals there kept their distance from her as there are only pictures of her with Andrew and the girls.

I think Sarah being in the Royal Enclosure is one more step in softening the ground for the announcement of Beatrice's engagement.

Interesting gold bracelet she was wearing on her right hand - looks like it has the names of Beatrice and Eugenia (the Eugenia is prominent in the photo of Sarah's curtsy, the Beatrice in photo of her pointing in the royal box).

I take it that although Sarah was in the Royal Enclosure other Royals there kept their distance from her as there are only pictures of her with Andrew and the girls.

Yeah, that's the impression that I was getting as well. Seems like the rest of the family may have been giving her a wide berth. Wouldn't be surprising.

I've always gotten the impression that it's really only the Queen who likes her (outside the girls and Andrew)...she's not been chummy with any of them in years.

LaRae

The Duke of Edinburgh's attitude to her is still 'glacial', by all accounts...

The Duke of Edinburgh's attitude to her is still 'glacial', by all accounts...

Well as a parent...I can't hardly blame him. The fact that the Queen tolerates her at all is interesting to me but then again she's putting the children before her own feelings.

I like Sarah...but she has behaved rather badly at times, even if we understand why she does or has done the things she's done...still makes me want to shake her sometimes.

LaRae

I've always gotten the impression that it's really only the Queen who likes her (outside the girls and Andrew)...she's not been chummy with any of them in years.

LaRae

Well, it's certainly been reported for a long time that the family, aside from those you mentioned, want as little to do with her as possible. And while I don't usually give much credence to what's reported in the British media, the family's actions speak for themselves (in terms of not being seen with her or not having her around). I did wonder if Sarah's presence might be the reason for Edward and Sophie's absence today, as they usually seem to attend most of the Ascot events, and particularly on this date (which is both their wedding anniversary as well as Sophie's father's birthday, and he usually comes along, too). But maybe I'm reading too much into things.

From what I understand, the family do get along with Sarah and are very nice when they're in the presence of each other. She's divorced from the family, so she don't attend many events with the family, but none of them disrespect her in anyway and she don't disrespect them either.

As Sarah has said, The Queen isn't a judgmental person and is always kind to her. I think those two women have made their peace long ago.

It's always good to see the York's out and about as a family, especially at Royal Ascot.

From what I understand, the family do get along with Sarah and are very nice when they're in the presence of each other. She's divorced from the family, so she don't attend many events with the family, but none of them disrespect her in anyway and she don't disrespect them either.

As Sarah has said, The Queen isn't a judgmental person and is always kind to her. I think those two women have made their peace long ago.

It's always good to see the York's out and about as a family, especially at Royal Ascot.

Mmmm i don't think all the members of the family get along with her. The Duke of Edimburg reportedly can's stand her, as the Wales clan (don't forget that she was snubbed big time in 2011 for the Royal wedding).
Sarah is a difficult case, at least she and Andrew were able to maintain a family for the sake of their two daughters...

I'm under the impression that, yes, they're probably polite to Sarah when they're face to face with her, but that they try to avoid such situations. Yes, Sarah is divorced from Andrew, but I don't think that's the main issue - that has an impact on official events, of course, but not necessarily social ones. And Andrew and Sarah do still live together, so it's not a conventional divorce situation in which they've completely gone their separate ways and Sarah is out of the picture. I just suspect that other members of the family disapprove of some of her behavior and probably, above all, don't trust her.

However, that's just my impression. I agree that it's nice to see the York family together, and so publicly. They do seem to be a tight-knit group.

Well, it's certainly been reported for a long time that the family, aside from those you mentioned, want as little to do with her as possible. And while I don't usually give much credence to what's reported in the British media, the family's actions speak for themselves (in terms of not being seen with her or not having her around). I did wonder if Sarah's presence might be the reason for Edward and Sophie's absence today, as they usually seem to attend most of the Ascot events, and particularly on this date (which is both their wedding anniversary as well as Sophie's father's birthday, and he usually comes along, too). But maybe I'm reading too much into things.

Edward and Sophie normally only attend the first 3 days of Ascot anyway so their absence today was expected, although I did sort of hope they would go as it's their anniversary. No such luck! Private day instead.

I am glad Sarah attended today and it was lovely to see her in the Royal Box with the family. Any time she is with them she is always courteous and gracious to the Queen. I do, though, still find it odd that she is still living with Prince Andrew. I would rather they just remarried or she moved out and on with her life.

Edward and Sophie normally only attend the first 3 days of Ascot anyway so their absence today was expected, although I did sort of hope they would go as it's their anniversary. No such luck! Private day instead.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm just so used to them being there most of the time that I don't pay attention to which specific events/days they typically attend (but I figured someone might - thank you!).

Ah, that makes sense. I'm just so used to them being there most of the time that I don't pay attention to which specific events/days they typically attend (but I figured someone might - thank you!).

No worries! Sophie's dad attended with her yesterday but it would have been nicer to see him on his birthday. :D They also never attend on the Saturday but I imagine when James turns 10 they will as children over 10 can attend the Royal Enclosure on Saturday.

Last edited:
No worries! Sophie's dad attended with her yesterday but it would have been nicer to see him on his birthday. :D They also never attend on the Saturday but I imagine when James turns 10 they will as children over 10 can attend the Royal Enclosure on Saturday.

Ah. I didn't see him in any of the pictures, but it's possible I was distracted by hats. :lol:

I'm confused, is the Royal Enclosure and the Royal Box the same thing? I thought not. I thought the Royal Box was in the Royal Enclosure area. People in the "area" are not necessarily in the "box". For instance, Earl Spencer was in the enclosure yesterday, but I don't believe he was in the box. Sorry, if I am misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom