Royal Ascot 2: 2008-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of Prince Edward. And incidentally, I love these pictures of Sophie:
- Picture 1
- Picture 2

These are brilliant photos, Sophie obviously gets into the moment a lot. I believe they were cheering on Carlton House, though Edward does not look as enthused as Sophie. Perhaps he is more a shy guy!

Sophie cheering
Sophie cheering
Sophie cheering

The BBC showed the Queen as Carlton House come second and she was obviously very reserved, but I feel Sophie was cheering with enthusiasm for everyone in the box...

Last edited:
On ladies day HM will be accompanied by Princess Beatrice and Eugenie as well as Carole and Michael Middleton.

The Middletons again. Do they have a horse this year? Christopher Rhys-Jones usually attends Ladies Day in the procession.

The Queen must like (or at least approve of) the Middletons; they seem to be turning up at more and more events.

The Queen obviously enjoys their company, otherwise they wouldn't be there. I'm sure she also appreciates how they've handled themselves despite the enormous press intrusion they've suffered.

The Queen in mint green by stewart Pravin and travelling with Sir Peter O'Sullivan, John Warren.

Second carriage: The Princess Royal (purple and green), Princess Beatrice (red and white), Mr Harry Leg Bourke, Jeremy Richardson

Third carriage: Eugenie (white and black), The Honourable Edward Toolomash, wife Sophie and Lieutenant Colonel Charles Richards (equerry to the queen)

Fourth carriage: Ronnie Arcoolie, wife Joanne and Carole and Michael. Carole in red.

The Countess of Wessex wearing beige but not in the procession, again.

LOVE the fact HM has a matching brolly in the exact colour as her clothes.

Last edited:
Her Majesty is beaming and looks wonderful!

Hayley Turner rides Momentary for The Queen today, fingers crossed for both!

The Princess Royal is wearing the same outfit that she wore to the Royal Wedding last year, including same hat as well.

Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
a head-turning red dress and hat for Carole Middleton at Royal Ascot today.Very similar to the outfit worn by Kate at jubilee river pageant

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Princess Eugenie is in a Paula Ka pale pink and black dress, Louboutin heels with silver heel detail, Stephen Jones hat, Anya Hindmarch bag.

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Royal Ascot fashion note: Beatrice is in a cream and red Erdem dress, Noel Steward hat, YSL cream stilettos, Louboutin red silk clutch bag

It's a shame that Momentary did not run well in today's race. She was acting up before the race and I fear that she wore herself out too early, not having enough left in the tank to make a challenge. At least Carlton House finished second yesterday.

Are Beatrice and Eugenie racing fans like their grandmother? They seem to join the family quite often at the races compared to William and Harry.

Thena said:
Are Beatrice and Eugenie racing fans like their grandmother? They seem to join the family quite often at the races compared to William and Harry.

I think they enjoy the atmosphere, they were in the paddock with their grandmother talking to Hayley Turner before Momentary won.

Carole should lend Kate her big brim hats.
Sophie looks great today.

Christopher Rhys-Jones was there, was surprised he wasn't in the procession. The Daily Mail has a nice image of Sophie, her father and Prince and Princess Michael bowing to the Queen.

Christopher Rhys-Jones was there, was surprised he wasn't in the procession. The Daily Mail has a nice image of Sophie, her father and Prince and Princess Michael bowing to the Queen.
I think you mean this picture. :)
Sophie's curtsey is just exemplar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom