Royal Ascot 1: All Years to 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Ice! Sarah was pregnant with beatrice in that time in ascot, I remember a day when sarah was dressed with a write dress

Wow Queen Mother is pretty aunt and see out grandmother of royal England.!! She was elegant and good alert!! Princess Margaret was much elegant hat and much active on Royal Ascot same year.! Queen Mother was more more active on Royal Ascot many years to 2001. She was 101 year last year Royal Ascot. Queen Mother was much happy and see on Royal Ascot.

Here are some pics from Royal Ascot in 1984 :)

(Majesty 1984)

hornsen said:
This will be a high security risk. And I really can´t see the reason.

It's because some of the racegoers complained that to get to some of the restaurants, they had to walk further than they had anticipated! :lol: The racecourse owners thought 'ah ha' we can make some extra money here by offering them an easier/quicker way to get to some of the restaurants. :rolleyes:

I have 2 questions. First, what does the Royal Box look like now (say, from the 70s till this year)? Does it resemble the Royal Box at the Epsom Derby in any way? Second, to what are the Royals walking to in the pictures in which they're seen walking through crowds instead of riding in the carriages? Are they walking from their carriages toward the Royal Box, or what?

Kathy G.

They are walking from the Royal Box to the paddock to view the horses before the main race of each day of the meeting.

They do, huh? I should think that, once they'd arrived in the Royal Box, they'd stay inside it right until all the races are over! =) LOL. They must be very interested in the horses, to take the time to walk to the paddock to see the horses for themselves.

This leads me to another question. At what point do they go to the paddock, before the races? Also, how much time, as a rule, is there between their arrival at the Royal Box and the beginning of the 1st race?

Last edited:
And while I'm on the subject, what is the main race of the day? I understand there are 4 races per day, during Royal Ascot. Which one is the main race?

Your right, there are usually 3-4 races a day. The main race is always the last one which runs between 3.15-3.30pm and the Royals go to the paddock to view the horses before this one. They spend around 20minutes doing this before walking back to the Royal Box to watch the race.

OK, I see. So they stay in the Royal Box until the next-to-last race is finished, then they pay their visit to the paddock. Thanks for the info!

And, hey, I still want to know what the Royal Box looks like! Living in America, I never get to see Royal Ascot on TV, so I have no way to find out on my own.

(I'm just full of questions--LOL!) BTW, does the fact that the royals spend about 20 minutes between the last 2 races admiring horses up close mean that there is a 20-minute span (or longer) from the end of one race and the beginning of another?

Last edited:
Royal Ascot 2007
commencing 19 June.

Australians who have Foxtel or Austar will be able to watch the events at Ascot live from 10pm tonight, 19th June, on TVN. They are covering each of the 5 days. It is also being covered by Sky.

Of particular interest for us is the Kings's Stand Stakes at 5 minutes past midnight Eastern Standard Time. There are 4 Australian horses in the race.

I have a Royal conflict at 10pm. Watch the Princes' interview or Ascot. I think the video recorder will solve my problem. :)

BBC is on air in the UK

Royal Ascot, 19-23 June
Tuesday 19
1345-1520, BBC ONE
1520-1715, BBC TWO
Wednesday 20
1345-1520, BBC ONE
1520-1715, BBC TWO
Thursday 21
1345-1520, BBC ONE
1520-1715, BBC TWO
Friday 22
1345-1520, BBC ONE
1520-1715, BBC TWO
Saturday 23
1415-1640, BBC TWO

An excerpt from Daily Express - bookies think the Queen will wear pink:

FORGET the horses. What the punters really want to know is the colour of the Queen’s hat.

Shrewd insiders have made a killing on her majesty’s favoured hat colour at Royal Ascot on Ladies’ Day – Thursday.
There is a rumour doing the rounds that her two grandsons are running short of readies and see this as an opportunity to land a coup.

A few quid on polka dot at 40-1 would see the lads clean up. :eek:

But Paddy Power, the pioneers of this novelty bet, believe pink, available at 5-1, will be the Queen’s choice this week.
This is followed by yellow, white or beige all at 6-1. Green, last year’s winning colour, is 8-1.

For those mad hatters out there – a patriotic St George’s Cross is an optimistic 100-1.

News just in. The Queen is wearing pink.

I disagree. I think her hat is fabulous and I especially like the feathers. The detail around the neckline is quite subtle but I like the boldness and summery glow of the white and it seems to make HRH look vibrant. It gets my thumbs up.

I do not particularly care for what Camilla is wearing. She looks a bit wrinkled and frumpy. Her dress looks a bit like an embroidered nightgown.

I agree, but I love her hat :D

Camilla - hat is ok but the dress is very old fashioned. Don't know what to think of this pattern around her neck. Let's wait for pics that reveal it all.
Charles - so sophisticated!
QEII & Duke - I love their full of energy attitude. You can see they fancy this event so much and they look like they wanted to get on the horseback themselves if they only could.

Last edited:
Never to fond of Camilla's outfits, its good she pulled the hat off well - picture
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent ( great hat, but reminds me Liz hurly's hat she wore a few years ago) - picture
(isifa gallery)

I quite like the hat. I have to say that I would love to have her milliner. I just do not care at all for the dress.

I love the color of the Queens outfit, but not the design. It reminds me of a housecoat. I seem to see night clothes in everything today.

Adored Camilla's hat, I'm not too sure about the dress/coat. Love all the hats! :lol:

The hats are SO eccentric !

I loved the hats, especially those of Camilla, the Queen, and Princess Michael. Though Camilla is my favourite. I think the Duchess looked great.
For all those, who missed Sophie, here are two picture of her----> Sophie 1 ; Sophie 2. She looked nice, I guess, but I can't say I like that flat hat. :D

Last edited:
That hat looks like a landing bay for albatrosses. Big mistake Sophie.

Yikes! I have to say, I very rarely like Sophies hats. They are always just a little too much. Not royal at all. I think that she could take a page out of either her mother in laws, or Camillas book, when it comes to hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom