Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice reading by HRH The Duke of York. Didn't know he wear reading glasses.

They were quite exceptional glasses! Edward and Sophie both wear glasses. I imagine they all wear contacts if they need to.

Amazing service, very touching... :heartflower:

One day I may get through this without a tear - but it won't be soon. So moving.

Mark Stewart just tweeted that Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fans would have to wait until tomorrow to see them. Confirmation then?

Mark Stewart just tweeted that Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fans would have to wait until tomorrow to see them. Confirmation then?

William or Harry never attend the Festival of Remembrance, it's always the "working Royals" (Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Gloucester's and the Kent's) so it's not surprising they weren't there. I do find it odd, however, that Edward and Sophie always sit to the Queen's right, with Charles and Camilla to her left, yet Anne and Andrew sit behind. How does that work? Of course, Anne, Andrew and Tim were in the front this evening as Charles and Camilla were absent, but they normally sit behind them. Surely Andrew should be beside the Queen and Philip?

Has Eugenie ever attend the Remembrance Service? I know Beatrice did in 1999 and she fainted and Tim and Sophie had to pick her up and hold her up.

I noticed at the end as the family were leaving that the Queen obviously said to Sophie she'd dropped something and Andrew and Sophie leant forward to see if they could see it. Amused me a little bit.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who the lady was standing next to Prince Michael - as you look at the screen, on the left behind Sophie. Thought at first it was P Alexandra but now not sure.

Royal box looking quite spartan tonight. Outwith Charles and Camilla being on tour the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra appeared to be missing and Prince Michael was there without his wife. BTW thought the Cambridges would definitely have been there tonight, can't think why they are not.

Last edited:
TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will be attending The Cenotaph Ceremony on Remembrance Sunday.

Royal box looking quite spartan tonight. Outwith Charles and Camilla being on tour the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra appeared to be missing and Prince Michael was there without his wife. BTW thought the Cambridges would definitely have been there tonight, can't think why they ate not.

It seems like the full-time working members of the royal family attends this event.

Royal box looking quite spartan tonight. Outwith Charles and Camilla being on tour the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra appeared to be missing and Prince Michael was there without his wife. BTW thought the Cambridges would definitely have been there tonight, can't think why they are not.

The Duke of Kent is currently touring the South Atlantic - at least he was at Acessions Island and in the Falklands on Thursday.

For those outside of the UK who wanna see it just go to tvpc.com and the conversion for those outside of the UK is 2:45am PST and 5:45am EST

Molly2101 said:
William or Harry never attend the Festival of Remembrance, it's always the "working Royals" (Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Gloucester's and the Kent's) so it's not surprising they weren't there. I do find it odd, however, that Edward and Sophie always sit to the Queen's right, with Charles and Camilla to her left, yet Anne and Andrew sit behind. How does that work? Of course, Anne, Andrew and Tim were in the front this evening as Charles and Camilla were absent, but they normally sit behind them. Surely Andrew should be beside the Queen and Philip?

I know that, I was the one who posted confirmation that William and Catherine wouldn't be attending last night. Quite obvious why Henry wasn't there.
My post was in regards to today's event and the Cenotaph.

Glad to see it's a beautiful sunny morning in London. The Remembrance Sunday service never changes which I'm do happy about as it's so beautiful and meaningful as it is.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter There's bright autumn sunshine on Whitehall as the crowds gather at the Cenotaph. The Queen will lead the nation in remembering UK war dead.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Thousands of proud veterans, their medals glinting in the sun, stand in formation, as the band of the Royal Marines arrives.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Royals due at the Cenotaph include Philip, William, Kate, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Anne and Tim, the Michaels.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Crisp morning at the Cenotaph in London, waiting for the Royal Family to pay tribute to our forces http://yfrog.com/obd1tbsj

off to watch BBC's coverage in bed!

Last edited:
Just seen Catherine, Sophie and Timothy on the balcony with a lady I don't recognise.

There is a gentleman, a Lord, placing a wreath on behalf of The Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
Her Majesty the Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh are just laying their wreaths,looks like a nice but cold November morning in London.

Kate seems to be wearing the black hat she wore to William's passing out at Sandhurst.

I always worry about the Queen having to walk down those steps from the Cenotaph backwards. Of course, HM just does it perfectly every year.

I like Sophie's hat. Looks like a wonderful crisp morning. Very moving tribute.

Back
Top Bottom