Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think maybe the royal ladies should just send cardboard cutouts of themselves to put on the balcony. If you watch the bbc coverage you can see that once the silence and main wreath laying is over many of those present,teh large crowds of veterans themselves are more relaxed, talking to each other and sharing good and bad times. In my opinion there is nothing wrong in how they (the royal ladies) are behaving, its not like they are sitting there feet up, in shorts and tshirts sipping cocktails is it.

Last edited:
It is the same thing every year. If next year, Kate was solemn and stone faced from the time she steps out on to the balcony to the end of the event. There will be some standoff Kate in a rift with the other royal women story. The people on the balconies were out there before the Queen came out to start the ceremony. They are going to have conversations and smile. The daily mail has a photo of Mrs Major and Mrs Blair smiling before the service. Kate and Sophie have probably not seen each other since Trooping. During the moment of silence and wreath laying people were solemn.

I think maybe the royal ladies should just send cardboard cutouts of themselves to put on the balcony... its not like they are sitting there feet up, in shorts and tshirts sipping cocktails is it.
Maybe some are so delusional, they see exact this :D
But seriously, some just wait that Kate does something "scandalous".

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some are so delusional, they see exact this :D
But seriously, some just wait that Kate does something "scandalous".

Oh, yes, we have some of those morons here on the Forums. But the more we praise the Royals, the more they'll get angry, and I like that. :lol:

Both the Duchess of Cambridge and Countess of Wessex shared smiles and conversation before the ceremony. Why Catherine is being singled out? They both behaved throughout the service.http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/g9RU...mbrance+Sunday/cSYM8mmYOcs/Queen+Elizabeth+II
I don't know why, but to try and stir the pot in this thread out of all threads and today!?! I am Proud to say I am the Niece and Cousin of WWII Veterans and the Great Niece of not just a WWI Veteran, but a Vimy Ridge Veteran as well . So for anyone to use this thread as a place to continue their agenda against the Duchess of Cambridge has me sickened, disgusted and angry.

I...just...I just do not get it. :(

I understand that it is disruptive. My only advice is to keep the focus on the memory of the brave veterans in your family.

I don't usually recommend the Daily Mail, but they do have excellent photographs commemorating the ceremonies in the UK and other parts of the world. :)

Our Veterans in the U.S. will be honored tomorrow and at Memorial Day in May we'll honor those who have fallen. Like you I'll be remembering those family members who served mostly in the US Navy and Army.

David Dimbleby called The Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester! Come on Dave, you've done this often enough!

I think maybe the royal ladies should just send cardboard cutouts of themselves to put on the balcony. If you watch the bbc coverage you can see that once the silence and main wreath laying is over many of those present,teh large crowds of veterans themselves are more relaxed, talking to each other and sharing good and bad times. In my opinion there is nothing wrong in how they (the royal ladies) are behaving, its not like they are sitting there feet up, in shorts and tshirts sipping cocktails is it.
Agreed. They can just change the outfits on them now and then like large paper dolls. ;)

my bolding
It has been kind of you to share your opinion. In my personal and biased opinion, the caption is awkward.
Given your words (see my bolding), The Duchess of Cambridge and her royals handlers seem to be unable to learn from the past mistakes.

Ah Al Bina you are incorrigible...:flowers:

Why is it that when Andrew makes bad publicity for himself the press is all over it, but when he does something wonderful like goes to Afghanistan for Remembrance Day he seems to get short shrift?!:bang:

Oh well. Good job, Prince Andrew.

Today's Remembrance Service was wonderful and touching. The Queen and other members of the royal family did their job in leading the nation in remembrance. It takes the media to try put a bad focus on The Duchess of Cambridge.

Today's Remembrance Service was wonderful and touching. The Queen and other members of the royal family did their job in leading the nation in remembrance. It takes the media to try put a bad focus on The Duchess of Cambridge.

actually it just takes the DM.

I'm also baffled that Andrew going to Afghanistan has seemingly gone unnoticed by most websites. I have read quite a few articles on today's Remembrance Day and I had no idea that he had gone to Afghanistan before reading this thread. Kudos to you, Andrew!

The Remembrance Service was very beautiful and moving. A shame that people feel the need to change the focus from remembrance to Catherine-hatred. Seems extraordinarily uncalled for on a day like this.

The photo gallery in this piece is both excellent and error riddled.
A look back at the British Royals attending Remembrance Sunday services including: Kate Middleton, Sophie Wessex, Prince Charles,Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and The Queen - hellomagazine.com

Photos 3 and 4 are beautiful - and a number of others are not far behind.

But the errors are tragic or humorous, depending on your sense of humor. Do take a look.

On the Prince Andrew at Camp Bastion issue - my guess is that there are no photos, or none immediately released. Remeber that it took a bit for the Prince Harry coverage to get cleared by the military.

There seems no coverage of the event yet. The BBC did have a tidbit pre-memeorial (see BBC News - Remembrance Sunday: Helmand's Camp Bastion to hold last big memorial) but if the UK is like the US - we are happy to focus on soldiers but ready to forget/end the military presence in the area.

I wonder where the memorial will be re-positioned? Heck, I wonder what it looks like. But I do understand why it is not being left behind.

Harry looked like he didn't want to be there.

Well ...
Maybe on this very special day he was thinking about all the pals left behind in Afgahnistan. In a way you're right, maybe he didn't want to be there, but with them, remembering and honring the Fallen.

cepe,

Thanks for the pictures of Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra & the Gloucesters.

It was nice to see Princess Alexandra's present yesterday I briefly caught a glimpse of her on the balcony.

Nice little selection of images from Hello about the Royals at Remembrance.

I remember when Beatrice fainted in 199 and Tim and Sophie helped her back up and supported her until the end. Poor little Bea!

The Duke of Edinburgh as Senior Colonel, Household Division and Colonel, Grenadier Guards, attended a Last Post ceremony in Ypres, Belgium, today, November 11, to mark gathering of soil from Flanders Fields for a memorial garden at the Guards Museum in London. Prince Laurent of Belgium attended the ceremony as well.

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery ** daylife gallery ** itv.com: Armistice Day commemorated **

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh has attended the Last Post ceremony in Ypres, Belgium, to mark Armistice Day-
Home - ITNSource News

Back
Top Bottom