Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I apologise , I misunderstood your post, I do not know the answer but as I said in a previous post, there are times that members of the family attend another location for the remembrance service . So that is a possibility.

I have a question.
The Dukes of York, Cambridge and Sussex laid their wreaths to gether.
When returning the Duke of York was the first but the Duke of Cambridge did not want to be behind him, He went newt to him and the Duke of Sussex was alone behind them.
Who is the number 2 after Charles ??

I have a question.
When returning the Duke of York was the first but the Duke of Cambridge did not want to be behind him, He went newt to him and the Duke of Sussex was alone behind them.
The Duke of Cambridge

I have a question.

The Male order of precedence for yesterday (Hope I got it right)

The Prince of Wales
The Duke of York
The Earl of Wessex
The Duke of Cambridge
The Duke of Sussex

I have a question.

This is a good question, I would also like to know how they pick which order to go by. Get's me kind of confused.

At Albert's Hall, the seating seems to follow Order of Precedence, which is
HM
Charles
Andrew
Edward
William (although some years back an exception was made for William to go after Charles)
Harry
James

In most occasions, they seem to follow the Order of Succession, which is
HM
Charles
William
Harry
Andrew
Edward
James

Last edited:
Court Circular 9th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen, Patron, was present this evening at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent were present.

Court Circular 10th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen was present this morning during the Ceremony at the Cenotaph on the occasion of Remembrance Day.

A wreath was laid on behalf of The Queen by The Prince of Wales.

A wreath was laid on behalf of The Duke of Edinburgh by Captain James Aubrey.

A wreath was laid by The Prince of Wales.
Wreaths were also laid by The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of Sussex, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent.

The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duchess of Sussex, The Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Prince Michael of Kent and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were present during the Ceremony.

The Duke of York afterwards took the salute at the March Past of Ex-Servicemen and Civilian Organisations on Horse Guards Parade, London SW1.

Court Circular 11th November:
St. James's Palace

The Duke of Kent, Field Marshal, this morning attended the Armistice Day Service of Remembrance and Parade at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Staffordshire (Mr. Ian Dudson).

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 9th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen, Patron, was present this evening at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent were present.

Court Circular 10th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen was present this morning during the Ceremony at the Cenotaph on the occasion of Remembrance Day.

A wreath was laid on behalf of The Queen by The Prince of Wales.

A wreath was laid on behalf of The Duke of Edinburgh by Captain James Aubrey.

A wreath was laid by The Prince of Wales.
Wreaths were also laid by The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of Sussex, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent.

The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duchess of Sussex, The Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Prince Michael of Kent and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were present during the Ceremony.

The Duke of York afterwards took the salute at the March Past of Ex-Servicemen and Civilian Organisations on Horse Guards Parade, London SW1.

There maybe was something in what Tommy100 said about being a stand in, not sure if that is an exact quote. He was on the balcony, so maybe something in making up the numbers to place a wreath.

Rare video of the late Queen Mother and Princess of Wales attending the Festival of Remembrance with Her Majesty The Queen 1992-

This post is regarding to the Remembrance Service in 2020. Moderators, please move this post to a new or different thread if necessary.

Roya Nikkhah (Royal correspondent for The Sunday Times) has tweeted and co-written an article with Caroline Wheeler on Remembrance services, which will be scaled back due to COVID-19 restriction.
Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
Remembrance will be scaled back because of #coronavirus restrictions, with a much smaller parade at the Cenotaph and a pre-recorded Festival of Remembrance @RoyalAlbertHall with no audience. But the Queen and royal family will be involved
@thesundaytimes
6:59 AM · Sep 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Remembrance services scaled back by coronavirus pandemic

This year’s Remembrance Sunday service in November had been expected to be all the more poignant because it will mark the 100th anniversary of the unveiling of the Cenotaph.

However, the coronavirus has forced organisers to scale back the national service of remembrance.

The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and other senior royals are expected to attend the Cenotaph in Whitehall on November 8, although plans will be kept under review.

Prince Charles will lead the tribute to the fallen, laying a wreath on the Queen’s behalf, as he has done since 2017.

However, the traditional march, which sees about 10,000 veterans and serving personnel pass the national memorial, will be cut back, with 2,000 service personnel expected to take part.​

Link to the Sunday Times article: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...scaled-back-by-coronavirus-pandemic-bgxt5d35r

Relieved to see that the service will go ahead. Wonderful if HM could attend.

It is her most important annual duty in my opinion.

Wonderful news I had thought it would be scaled back if it did go ahead ,the Remembrance Day Service is obviously very important to H.M.The Queen.

Indeed it is & for the people it is important for her to be present. She is our link to the past. She is metaphorically speaking the mother of the nation.

The Royal Family instagram account has released a video of The Duke of Kent speaking about Commonwealth War Graves Commission, of whom he is president of. For the next few days, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission will explain their work on the Royal Family instagram account.

@theroyalfamily Verified
On Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day, we pay tribute to the 1.7 million men and women from across the Commonwealth who lost their lives in the two World Wars.
But all year round, it is the Commonwealth War Graves Commission’s job to make sure their sacrifice is never forgotten.
The @commonwealthwargraves team looks after cemeteries at 23,000 locations in 153 countries, and over the next ten days, they will be taking over our Instagram Stories to tell you about their work.
Keep an eye on our Stories and Highlights this week to learn about the global efforts of the Commission, and swipe here for a message from The Duke of Kent, who has served as the Commonwealth War Graves Commission’s President for fifty years.
? The Queen lays a wreath at a CWGC memorial shortly after her Coronation.
8m​

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHFijcwnD4a/

This year also marks the 75th anniversary of the ending of WWII and the 100th anniversary of the burial of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey.

That's good to know - I'd assumed that Prince Charles and Prince William would go, but wasn't sure about the Queen.

Here's a video from the Field of Remembrance Service today at Westminster Abbey.

I love Camilla, but why isn’t she wearing a mask? Why isn’t anyone else?

The duchess's Cubitt great grandparents lost three of their sons in the space of eighteen months in WW1. A unimaginably terrible toll.

I love Camilla, but why isn’t she wearing a mask? Why isn’t anyone else?

In the UK you are not required to wear a mask outdoors, if you can maintain social distancing.

Dickie Arbiter has tweeted out with a picture of the Court Circular that the Queen commemorated the Centenary of the burial of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey on 4th November.
Dickie Arbiter [Flag of United Kingdom] @RoyalDickie
In this week of @PoppyLegion and our act of #Remembrance, The Queen undertook her first official engagement in London since March. The Unknown Warrior was buried at @wabbey on 11 November 1920 in the presence of her grandfather, King George V. #WeWillRememberThem
8:17 PM · Nov 5, 2020·Twitter Web App​

I haven't seen pictures of the Queen, but Dickie Arbiter has posted a painting and picture of the Remembrance service in 1920.

Back
Top Bottom