Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its been 100 years since "the war to end all wars" and we need to remember that as we've still not learned the lesson yet. 100 years on we still need events like the Invictus Games and the Warrior Games and programs like Walking With The Wounded and The Wounded Warrior Project.

We still remember because we cannot forget.

Very well said!

Its been 100 years since "the war to end all wars" and we need to remember that as we've still not learned the lesson yet. 100 years on we still need events like the Invictus Games and the Warrior Games and programs like Walking With The Wounded and The Wounded Warrior Project.

We still remember because we cannot forget.

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you.

Court Circular 8th November:
The Duke of Sussex this morning planted a Cross of Remembrance in the Royal British Legion Field of Remembrance at St. Margaret's Church, Westminster Abbey, London SW1.

Related to the ongoing discussion about the order of precedence: while William (and therefore Catherine) is given precedence over his uncles and aunt, that does not apply to Harry (and therefore Meghan) who is seated on third row while the queen's younger children are seated on second row.

Last edited:
Related to the ongoing discussion about the order of precedence: while William (and therefore Catherine) has precedence over his uncles and aunt, that does not apply to Harry who is seated on third row while the queen's younger children are seated on second row.

Technically, neither William nor Harry have precedence over their aunt and uncles. They are grandchildren of monarch, and comes after the children of monarch. Exceptions are made at times to recognize the situation of them being children of the next monarch. For the most part, both are given precedence, with the only exception being tonight and Queen’s birthday concert.

Last edited:
Technically, neither William nor Harry have precedence over their aunt and uncles. They are grandchildren of monarch, and comes after the children of monarch. Exceptions are made at times to recognize the situation of them being children of the monarch. For the most part, both are given precedence, with the only exception being tonight and Queen’s birthday concert.

'Is given precedence' is indeed the more accurate term. To me it makes sense that an exception is made for William as the direct heir, while no exception is made for Harry as he isn't a future king.

Are the duke and duchess of Gloucester representing the queen elsewhere this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Is given precedence' is indeed the more accurate term. To me it makes sense that an exception is made for William as the direct heir, while no exception is made for Harry as he isn't a future king.

It doesn’t really matter what makes sense to anyone. Only Her Majesty. And for whatever reason, Harry wasn’t given the precedence tonight and at the birthday concert. However, on most of other occasions I’ve seen, he is. And as well Meghan even during engagement. And in the announcements, they are also put ahead of Queen’s younger children.

Are the duke and duchess of Gloucester representing the queen elsewhere this weekend?

Duchess of Gloucester is behind Meghan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex seated in the back where they can be barely seen ?

I can't tell either if the Duchess of Sussex is wearing a poppy.

She wore the same pin she had on the tour.

Why are the Duke and Duchess of Sussex seated in the back where they can be barely seen ?

She wearing a pin, it looks similar to what Anne, Camilla and Sophie are also wearing.

Update from my earlier post about Duchess of Gloucester, the Royal Family Twitter has state Duke of Gloucester was there as well. Perhaps he’s behind Harry? From the angle of the photo, it’s hard to see in that corner since all the seats are facing the stage.

Last edited:
The Festival of Remembrance always makes me cry, it really is very moving.

I’m so pleased that Henry and Meghan chose to take part of the remembrance of those who fell in WW1. I could not see if other royals did as well. It was such a beautiful thing to do, a very very fitting tribute.

She is wearing a poppy badge. Well the other royals have attended for many many years more so maybe the Queen thinks they should sit up front. On all honesty the royal box is not that big and the seating is always a bit all over. On this occasion H&M took a back seat (literally) to the most important thing... the festival of remembrance itself.

This festival move me every year. The stories are heartbreaking and the families are so brave by carrying on with great strength. The Kingdom Choir did a beautiful job. I love the fact this choir hasn’t been forgotten.

Yes, she is.

Last edited:
Related to the ongoing discussion about the order of precedence: while William (and therefore Catherine) is given precedence over his uncles and aunt, that does not apply to Harry (and therefore Meghan) who is seated on third row while the queen's younger children are seated on second row.

I don't think, that Harry and Meghan are seated on third row. All pictures were taken from the side, we don't see all royal box.

I think they are seated on 2nd row behind Camilla and Andrew.

1st row: Catherine, William, the queen, Charles (on Philip's place), Camilla, Andrew - 6 places
2nd row: Timothy, Anne, Edward, Sophie, Meghan, Harry - 6 places

Last edited:
I didn't see Princess Michael in the royal box,her husband was there beside the Duke of Kent.

Very moving ceremony ,Jerusalem and I vow to thee my Country were splendidly performed.

Having 2 great grandfathers who fought in WW1 its always a very poignant ceremony.

I don't think, that Harry and Meghan are seated on third row. All pictures were taken from the side, we don't see all royal box.

I think they are seated on 2nd row behind Camilla and Andrew.

1st row: Catherine, William, the queen, Charles (on Philip's place), Camilla, Andrew - 6 places
2nd row: Timothy, Anne, Edward, Sophie, Meghan, Harry - 6 places

You are correct. Royal British Legion posted aerial view.

The Kingdom Choir sounded lovely. Seems that since the Royal Wedding they’ve landed on their feet!

Great to see the BRF at the Remembrance festival this evening. I shall look forward into watching it on catch up tomorrow.

I have to say I thought this year's programme to be especially lovely. Nice turnout from the BRF too.

The Queen, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. #RemembranceSunday

Britain falls silent on 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War as the Queen watches historic moment German President joins Prince Charles, Harry and William in laying a wreath at Cenotaph

• The Prince of Wales is due to lead nation's tributes to all those who have lost their lives in the First World War
  • Charles will lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of his mother, Queen Elizabeth, for the second year in row
  • The Queen will watch the Whitehall service from the balcony of the nearby Foreign and Commonwealth Office
  • How have you marked Armistice Day? Send your own remembrance photographs to pictures@dailymail.co.uk
By Alexander Robertson For Mailonline
Published: 03:32 EST, 11 November 2018 | Updated: 06:07 EST, 11 November 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ritain-kick-Armistice-Day-commemorations.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom