Remembrance Day Services 1: 2003-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I saw a picture of William's and Andrew's and Charles' wreaths- are there any pictures of Harry's, Philips' or QE's?

Harry was laying Charles's wreath since he was in India so it was his dad's message on it.

if this doesnt bring tears to your eyes - then nothing will.

BBC News - Poppy girl emotional reunion with her serving father

The look on the child's face - priceless

I watched The Poppy Girls' song and it was very moving - in the clip I saw of the song, there was footage of young children running to greet their fathers who had just come home - that was very emotional. The photos of the young Megan hugging her father were also heart warming.

I have a question about Prince Andrew – was he in Afghanistan for Remembrance Day only or had he been there beforehand?

I watched The Poppy Girls' song and it was very moving - in the clip I saw of the song, there was footage of young children running to greet their fathers who had just come home - that was very emotional. The photos of the young Megan hugging her father were also heart warming.

I have a question about Prince Andrew – was he in Afghanistan for Remembrance Day only or had he been there beforehand?

From the Court Circular:

Buckingham Palace
9th November, 2013
The Duke of York today visited those serving in Afghanistan at Camp Bastion.

10th November, 2013
The Duke of York today visited those serving in Afghanistan and laid wreaths at Remembrance Day Services at Camp Bastion and Kandahar.

From the Court Circular:

Buckingham Palace
9th November, 2013
The Duke of York today visited those serving in Afghanistan at Camp Bastion.

10th November, 2013
The Duke of York today visited those serving in Afghanistan and laid wreaths at Remembrance Day Services at Camp Bastion and Kandahar.

Thanks for answering, cepe. :flowers: I wonder if his first day there, November 9, was in connection with Remembrance Day. I would assume so.

Thanks for answering, cepe. :flowers: I wonder if his first day there, November 9, was in connection with Remembrance Day. I would assume so.

BRF family members regularly visit troops in Afghan. So spending time with the troops could have been a visit on its own, but they have combined it with the visit where a member of BRF represents the Queen in laying a wreath for Remembrance Day.

It looks like the Duke of York was wearing a Canadian poppy too. What did his wreath message say - I haven't been able to locate a picture?

It is interesting to note that these entries for Andrew were added after the original were published on the CC as they weren't there when I did my updates earlier this week and the source I use at times also still has them missing. This is, of course, for security reasons - it isn't made public until AFTER the royal has left the area.

It is interesting to note that these entries for Andrew were added after the original were published on the CC as they weren't there when I did my updates earlier this week and the source I use at times also still has them missing. This is, of course, for security reasons - it isn't made public until AFTER the royal has left the area.

Its best to err on the side of caution when announcing just where and when a royal will be somewhere, for not only the safety of the royal, but also the people in and around the royal.

One thing the BRF has always done is keep those that are serving their county to keep it safe from harm both living and dead close to their hearts. You can tell by watching them that its not just paying lip service either.

What actually did princess Anne do on Remembrance Day..I have just seen her at The Centanoph Service..But there was another pic of her taking salute elsewhere..Even a commentor on DM was lamenting that no recognition for her (as usual) even after standing one hour taking salute..Where was this?
Any video link please..I searched her current events but couldnt get any..

The Princess Royal & Sir Time Laurence took the salute on behalf of The Queen at Horse Guards Parade.

:previous: Ok..so they came to Centanoph after finishing that parade? I am not exactly aware of the events..I thought there was a Service at Centanoph and thats it..

Last edited:
Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing Dman.:flowers: (Pretend that it's a poppy.)

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Samantha Cameron and Prime Minister David Cameron watch The Royal British Legion's Festival of Remembrance at Royal Albert Hall on November 8, 2014 in London, England. (Photo by Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images for The Royal British Legion)

Gettyimages.co.uk picture gallery

Thank you for sharing the link dazzling! The "War Horse" puppets are amazing!

Britain honours the fallen: Queen leads thousands in Remembrance Sunday service amid heightened police checks after terror arrests | Daily Mail Online
Thousands of Britons are uniting today to pay tribute to fallen troops on Remembrance Sunday.

Leading the ceremonies was the Queen, who laid a wreath on Whitehall's Cenotaph in a national service attended by senior Royals, veterans and the Prime Minister amid heightened police checks just days after officers thwarted an alleged terror plot.

Held 100 years after the First World War broke out, 70 years after D-Day and weeks after British troops left from Afghanistan, the services remember all those who have fallen in armed conflict.

Pretty sure Sophie and Catherine have the same cost on.

The queen was applauded as she left. That's new....apparently it was because of the possible dangers and her courage in coming giving he terrorist plot against her.

Martin @CourtierUK · 4m 4 minutes ago
Applause for The Queen for first time at Cenotaph. David Dimbleby remarks it’s because she came despite reported danger.

Martin @CourtierUK · 14m 14 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge, Duchess of Cornwall and Countess of Wessex on the main balcony of the FCO.

Martin @CourtierUK · 15m 15 minutes ago
No Prince Harry this year at Cenotaph. Queen joined by Princes Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward and William and the Duke of Kent.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 22m 22 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are also present on the Balcony. #RemembranceSunday

I see Kate wore the Poppy brooch she was given in Australia when they visited the Australian National War Memorial. Pretty sure Sophie was wearing a Canadian Poppy again this year.

Back
Top Bottom