Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William once described (on camera) a disagreement he'd had with his father as "lots of family shouting". They all fall out with each other, have rows, make up, have more arguments etc because they aren't robots. We hear about a tiny fraction of what goes on behind closed doors so for me, any reports about any particular rows need to be set in the context of a) we don't even know if the reports are true, exaggerated or fiction and b) there are other rows we know nothing about.

A royal reporter said a while back you have to be very careful about stories in the press regarding family dynamics. She said the royals are very circumspect around anyone outside their inner circle. So the number of people who would even be privy to this kind of information is not many.

A royal reporter said a while back you have to be very careful about stories in the press regarding family dynamics. She said the royals are very circumspect around anyone outside their inner circle. So the number of people who would even be privy to this kind of information is not many.

Do you know what she meant exactly by "careful"? Careful not to out your sources, or something else?

If I recall ‘careful’ in the context of validity. Basically don’t believe everything you read when it comes to family dynamics because the royals have learned from the past

In a normal relationship, no, probably not. In a high profile, royal relationship? Possibly, and if the conversation between William and Harry happened at all I can see a) why William might have expressed concern and b) why Harry may not have taken it well.

When Meghan came from such a totally different background than Harry, the concern may well have been along the lines of "Do both of you know what you are getting into" which from a certain perspective seems like a reasonable question for a sibling who will one day be king to ask.

IF this happened I don't think it would be unreasonable for family to say hey..are you sure? That wasn't part of my comments. My comments were more about the 'speed' factor.

LaRae

LaRae

IF this happened I don't think it would be unreasonable for family to say hey..are you sure? That wasn't part of my comments. My comments were more about the 'speed' factor.

LaRae

LaRae

Yes, I understand, but my point was that speed is relative, especially when you are talking about someone from such a different background taking on all the nonsense that goes with royal life. From that perspective 17 months may indeed seem undesirably precipitous.

If any of that happened, which we have no way of knowing.

I think it was Victoria Murphy and she was commenting on the story about the Queen having words with Meghan.

A reporter asked her if she thought it was true and she said she didn’t write the story and you need to be careful about sources in a case like this.

If the Queen did have words with Harry or Meghan it would be hyper private. She wouldn’t do it in front of the kitchen staff.

Very, very few people would be in a position to know about it in the first place, let alone leak it.

Having been around on this planet as long as the Queen has reigned in the UK, I've come to believe certain things about interpersonal relationships with those that are loved ones whether family, friends or someone you just talk to every day at work and form a bond with.

Nobody ever gets along with each other perfectly 100% of the time. What do you call a married couple that never fight? Divorced. There are always going to be days when they look at each other (no matter *who* they are) and the statement "I love you but I really, really don't like you too much right now" is applicable. We have a lot of those kind of days here (of course going through a major surgery and having a lot of pain helps hubby to be an ornery old goat) and we have our moments but it clears the air and doesn't mean we don't love each other or aren't there for each other. Actually, sometime airing grievances does a lot to clear the air and releases tensions.

Welcome to the world of a burp heard around the world instantly and everybody and their pet iguana have theories on just what has caused the burp. Sometimes a burp is just a burp. :D

Last edited:
A few posts have been deleted. This thread isn’t about Meghan’s family or her coverage in the media. It also isn’t about the speed of Harry and Meghan’s relationship - you can take that conversation to their threads.

None of us truly know the relationships between members of the BRF, so there is of course going to be a bit of speculation that comes with discussing this topic, but let’s try to stick with factual based information and steer clear of the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation.

...I have had conversations with people I care about regarding significant others but I would never come at them in a way that is offensive. The way the story is presented makes it seem like William was a bit dismissive of them which caused Harry to be defensive to the point the men has a major falling out.

Now I agree with the posts upthread that is is likely 99% tabloid fodder with the lone 1% being a hint of a disagreement. Family is family. No one gets along all the time. You will have falling out. It is normal. Also these people are in different stages in their lives. They are in their mid to late 30, parents, and settling unto their royal roles while preparing for the future.

I feel people are projecting things on them mostly. There is just no way anyone could really be privy to this info unless they were physically there themselves. It is easy press clickbait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel people are projecting things on them mostly.

This, 100%. People can read the same article and see things in a totally different light than someone else. You can tell that from the discussions.

Its the way things usually have gone for *years*. Nothing unusual about that. The Yorks tend to spend Beatrice's birthday at Balmoral and they also regularly vacation as a family in Spain.

Nothing to get worked up over.

There's is OBVIOUSLY a trench warfare between the two households of the media battlefront.
It's silly, sad and the only thing irremediably damaged in these ridiculous stories in the Crown.
And don't yack again about "who began what" The "Fab four" are gone, we get it, now time to get over it. The problem is here and they better fix this asap and stop this tedious cannibalism, for the sake of the Monarchy.

I’ve been trying to not believe something like this because I would think the two royal households would not do something like this. Now, I’m kinda thinking that’s just what’s going on. Or the outside forces are pitting these two royal houses against each other.

Let’s face it, the outside forces was always going to pit them against each other. They’re both very popular, attractive and important couples and represent the future of the Monarchy. The outside forces want the fight, because this is about clicks, likes and mula.

If these two royal households are fighting each other through the outside forces, The Queen and Prince Charles need to step in and put an end to all of this. It’s not good for the future of the royal institution The Queen will leave behind for the new faces of the Monarchy to take care of.

I have to admit: it appears one brother has been gladly sitting back and watching another brother be thrown under the bus for doing the exact same thing they and members of the royal family are doing.

This stuff has got to stop.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to not believe something like this because I would think the two royal households would not do something like this. Now, I’m kinda thinking that’s just what’s going on. Or the outside forces are pitting these two royal houses against each other.

Let’s face it, the outside forces was always going to pit them against each other. They’re both very popular, attractive and important couples and represent the future of the Monarchy. The outside forces want the fight, because this is about clicks, likes and mula.

If these two royal households are fighting each other through the outside forces, The Queen and Prince Charles need to step in and put an end to all of this. It’s not good for the future of the royal institution The Queen will leave behind for the new faces of the Monarchy to take care of.

I have to admit: it appears one royal couple has been gladly sitting back and watching another royal couple be thrown under the bus for doing the exact same thing they and members of the royal family are doing.

This stuff has got to stop.

I was with you until the last paragraph, how do any of us know what is going on behind closed doors, what conversations have or have not taken place.

The royals do not complain or explain......

I was with you until the last paragraph, how do any of us know what is going on behind closed doors, what conversations have or have not taken place.

The royals do not complain or explain......

This stuff has been going on for far too long to not be suspicious about the relationship between the two brothers right now. I just hope all of this stop.

This stuff has been going on for far too long to not be suspicious about the relationship between the two brothers right now. I just hope all of this stop.

I think it is driven by social media and subsequent attention to those postings and stories more than the brothers. I think they would prefer it go away, neither seems to care for drama--but what exactly can they do?

And no, I do not think coming up with a fake happy "fab four" engagement would help anything. Nor would BP constantly making statements against stories. That response needs to be used judiciously.

Unfortunately, a number of people in this world enjoy the pitting of people against each other and live vicariously through stories about others.

I agree with this last post.
I see no real evidence that the brothers are having trouble with eachother, other than what the media is trying to push.

Last edited:
I agree as well. It's been going on so long because the media won't let go of their own narrative.

The media is out to make money. It's the public who buy their trashy mags that keep this going.

LaRae

:previous: Absolutely LaRae, unfortunately, there is a fair number of forum members included in those "people" who bring those fictitious media stories to these threads that create such discord.

:previous: Absolutely LaRae, unfortunately, there is a fair number of forum members included in those "people" who bring those fictitious media stories to these threads that create such discord.

I know...I wish they wouldn't. It doesn't nothing except cause arguing. No one is gaining anything from these tabloids.

LaRae

The media is out to make money. It's the public who buy their trashy mags that keep this going.

LaRae

Not necessarily buy magazines. Their business model is clickbaits. Ever click on their site improves their estimated commercial value and makes them interesting for advertisers. Note that the DM gives full and free access without asking any penny or subscription. Just click click click, the longer you are on their site, the better.

I think it is one thing to believe that family members are not getting along but that does not mean that one side is happy with the other's bad press or any other misfortunes.

Not necessarily buy magazines. Their business model is clickbaits. Ever click on their site improves their estimated commercial value and makes them interesting for advertisers. Note that the DM gives full and free access without asking any penny or subscription. Just click click click, the longer you are on their site, the better.

For sure the 'clicking' is the same as.

LaRae

For sure the 'clicking' is the same as.

LaRae

And by clicking on to the on line version you are supporting just as much as buying a newspaper. It is amazing how many people refuse to buy a certain newspaper but know what is on the web site even to the mistakes. Just talking about it will promote it, because others then go to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom