Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the spectators posted of a video of the ‘same old’ William and Harry. Banter, razzying each other etc.

Whatever is going on can’t be too serious.

Oh too bad I missed that!

LaRae

Thanks for posting that.

Now I've seen it, if that is the whole interaction, I can't say that I think it seems very significant. I understand what Marg is saying, but I didn't think William looked more glum than he usually does, he was smiling at the appropriate points, and while he didn't respond noticeably to Harry's hand on his back, he also didn't, from what I could see, shrug it off or anything else.

So overall: meh.

That was my take too, Ista.

That is one terrific shot. I knew if I posted many would add what they saw and possibly other links so I have decided that the 'shrug off' was more the angle of that particular camera.

They were chatting throughout the match.
You are right they were and people who said Catherine spent most of her time with her kids are right, they kept her on the go but that didn't seem to stop she and Meghan from talking any more than Meghan walking up and down with the baby.

I think Kate and Meghan were both busy with their kids (Kate especially ..I had 3 under the age of 5 so I know how that can be) and talking to other ppl too...casual chatting as they moved around. I doubt they are best friends but I do think they get along fine when they are together.

LaRae

They were chatting throughout the match.

Yes post that picture of the brothers clasping hands and smiling at each other rather than William not responding to Harry’s arm. Maybe William was exhausted from playing polo, maybe watching three small children who can run requires fuller attention than holding on to a non crying baby? Just doing their best to keep up the interest in these couples, IMO.

The proof is in the picture you posted, Pranter. Anyone that has read Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" knows that the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. William is wearing 4 and Harry is wearing 2. 42. Adams isn't wrong.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/yes-the-answer-to-the-universe-really-is-42-1351201.html

Anyone can read anything into a split second of life in a photograph. This is mine. So long and thanks for all the fish! :D

I hate to say it but I was sop focused on the centre grouping that I didn't realise that it was another series of photos.

The clip I was talking about was the two teams lined up and I think the widow in front just after the trophy was presented. I shall keep looking.

Yes post that picture of the brothers clasping hands and smiling at each other rather than William not responding to Harry’s arm. Maybe William was exhausted from playing polo, maybe watching three small children who can run requires fuller attention than holding on to a non crying baby? Just doing their best to keep up the interest in these couples, IMO.

Isn't that just a heads of teams handshake before a match?

Well, that was what surprised me so much. It was such a childish thing to do. And, yes of
course siblings quarrel. Heavens, my four siblings an I squabbled loudly and frequently, but never in public. What's in the family stays in the family.

But, what William did was very, very public. It was not just the people around that could see but judging from the sound on the cameras, there were many cameras, both stll and film recording their every word.

You don't get much more public than that short of taking out a front page advert so I am guessing whatever has pissed William off is important.

What, please, did William do publicly? He didn´t look solemn or gloomy on that photograph. He looked just neutral - that´s what many men often do, even if they are in good spirits. It is not necessary to smile all the time like a foolish unicorn. And I am sure this is not the obly group photograph that was made (some momentos for the godparents have surely been made) - perhaps he´s smiling there?!
What is childish about that while it is absolutely "normal" for great-grandparents (and top of that, one of these great-grandparents is the wordly head of the church!) not to appear once again at all for a religious family event?
I mean, in comparision to this "nothing" William is said to have done, I think this is the real mystery....

the queen and Philip are very old now.. and if they had something planned.. I don't quite see that it was terrible for them not to go to Archie's christening.. Im a little surprised because A is Harry's firstborn nad they have usually attended the christenings of first children... but I don't think it is that big a deal. I agree from the video I saw there didn't appear to be a big "rift" or public bad behaviouir from WIll.. Far as I could see, Harry patted him on the back.. he didn't respond.. but he didn't move far away from his brother. I doubt he meant anything by it.. perhaps he doesn't like being touched.. he wasn't even conscious of what he was doing...perhaps

The Queen has been in Scotland for Holyrood Week and had a week full of engagements. As she always does she stopped at Sandringham on the way back to rest and have a weekend break which now also means getting to see Philip who was there. She is 90odd years old and I’m sure no matter how much stamina she has after a week full of duties and visits probably needed a rest. No doubt Harry and Meghan knew this, for Holyroo week is fixed, and had choice to either go for the date they did or pick another. They made their choice

How many other couples in their 90s are there that can still say "your place or mine" with a wink?

Its not surprising that out of everything, their time together privately is still something special to the both of them and takes precedence. ;)

All the same, I think that since Phil retired, while he spends time with the queen he is still doing his own thing a lot of the time at Wood farm...But I think they are like that.. they enjoy their time together and time apart.. Phil problaby likes it that way

The Queen has been in Scotland for Holyrood Week and had a week full of engagements. As she always does she stopped at Sandringham on the way back to rest and have a weekend break which now also means getting to see Philip who was there. She is 90odd years old and I’m sure no matter how much stamina she has after a week full of duties and visits probably needed a rest. No doubt Harry and Meghan knew this, for Holyroo week is fixed, and had choice to either go for the date they did or pick another. They made their choice

I believe it’s been reported that initially the Sussexes had picked a date while Charles and Camilla were in Wales, but moved it to accommodate them. It’s very likely that with trying to figure out a date that worked for everyone - Sussexes, godparents, Archbishop of Canterbury, Charles and Camilla, the Cambridges, the Queen, the DoE, and Doria, they were able to find two dates that worked for almost everyone, but not everyone. Unfortunately they weren’t able to get everyone in, but that’s the problem with trying to schedule something that works for a lot of very busy people’s schedules.

How many other couples in their 90s are there that can still say "your place or mine" with a wink?

In fairness, how many other couples in their 90s have more than one home?

In fairness, how many other couples in their 90s have more than one home?

Quite true. Or remember even where they live? Or even have a spouse they're still married to at over 70 years of marriage?

Personally, to get away from my "best half", I take a trip to the bathroom and close the door and run a nice, hot and aromatic bath and we've only been married for 22 years.
Then again, he's only 72 and I'm 67 and we be po' folks in a mountain cabin. Go figure. :D

@ Osipi :flowers:

I am a huge admirer of the Queen & I think her husband is too. Multiple homes might have helped their relationship remain cordial of course as it would for many others. ;)

I actually see it as a couple that adapts to each other's individuality. She's got her roles, he had his roles until he retired. She love horse races and he preferred at times to listen to a cricket match on earbuds while the horses were racing. They actually are a pair of shoes incomplete with each other but fit on two different feet.

I can't find it now but there is a video where the Queen is on a dutiful engagement and Philip winks at her and says something along the lines of "hey babe, how bout a date" and made her laugh even though she was in "Queen mode" at the time. This is their relationship. This is how he's her "strength and stay" through everything.

We all should be so lucky.

Reactions: Fem
Yes I think making each other laugh has been the bedrock of their marriage.

Its not surprising that out of everything, their time together privately is still something special to the both of them and takes precedence. ;)
It is wonderful to see that, to my way of thinking, time has given them a wonderful 'knowing' of each other and incredible respect for each other. There are lots of people that have been married as long as them but the successfully navigate the shark-filled fish tank that is their lives and still rise way above them is remarkable.

They personify the give and take and the work, hard work it takes to keep a marriage alive. For all that, they are as fallible as anyone else, they also as romantic as Harry and Meghan, only more discreetly.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust any story that is printed in that particular tabloid if I was paid to. Of course Meghan is going to be blamed! That's par for the course, isn't it?

If it’s true a bad show on Meghan’s part.
And we are back to playing favourites and blaming Meghan for everything short of global warming. And why, it's summer holidays and royal sightings are rare as hens' teeth so the media is recycling old stories with new twists. The Daily Mail? Really? :sad:

How is this news? This is the same crap that was printed after the wedding. That Harry had fought with the Cambridges over their lack of support. There isn't even a new twist, its literally just regurgitation of the old story.

They must be really bored with the summer. And maybe summer heat making them lazy. :whistling: Could at least find some new way to twist it.

It's that time of year when the papers are starved for any royal news so recycling an old theme always seems to work.:whistling:
As I recall the months and weeks leading up to the event exceptionally busy time for all involved prior to the Sussex wedding. Commonwealth Summit, the Cambridges in Northern Europe, Louis' birth and who can forget...needless drama from Meghan's father and step-siblings/nephews. Just days before the wedding, Thomas hadn't given a clear answer on his participation and then had his heart related issues.:ermm:
If I were to play "armchair therapist" I would say that the very overwhelmed Sussexes (in particular Harry) were very stressed by situations that were out of their control and that were being played out in the media. Windsor Castle, BP and KP staff were trying to deal with the wedding preparations and the Markles. Over at KP the Cambridges were very involved with their two older children and a newborn.
Perhaps Harry and Meghan's frustration bubbled over and the reported reading of the "riot act" took place after the wedding and like we all do sometimes, they aimed their feelings at others. These things do happen in all family relationships.

Hoping that all has been more or less resolved for those involved.?

:previous:Thanks TLLK. This is what I was thinking about the situation of reports of a strained relationship. There was a lot going on in all their lives right at that time. I’m sure it was very stressful time for all of them.
And these events and timeframe seem to fit together better than the other reasons and timeframes that have been speculated on to explain the seemingly strained relationship between Harry and William.
When under stress, sometimes things are said that are hurtful to others and that can cause tension in relationships.

Last edited:
How do they know any of this happened unless the reporter was in the room? What did the 'riot act' entail? Why would Meghan get involved in a quarrel between two brothers? So easy to blame Meghan in all this when the obvious tension is between William and Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom