Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is all very true, even in our own lives, as brothers and sisters marry and have their own families we do not all get together as often as we once did.
Between work, then children commitments, running our homes we do not all meet up except at special family events.

The single one in the family who came around all the time cadging a meal or just somewhere to go on a Saturday night, gets married now has his own home and family.
He is then very content to sit in his own home with his family,

Nobody has an argument, there is no big fall out. Just lives changing,

I love this. Indeed. Even if they are royals, they are also humans like us. Their lives are just changing.

If Harry and William are estranged, I doubt that it has anything to do with William’s alleged concerns about Harry and Meghan moving too fast. I understand that appearances may be deceiving, but both couples seemed happy in each other’s company up to and after the wedding. It is hard to believe that Harry’s anger only publicly surfaced months after the wedding.

However, it is possible that the dissolution of the joint foundation has caused some tensions among the four of them. In effect, William, Katherine, Harry and Meghan were in business together, and many people cannot mix family and business. Even more difficult is that they are in the middle of breaking up the business - a business that Harry and William started. The causes supported by the charity are personally important to the four of them and each has devoted time and energy. Given her recent involvement, Meghan may not be as invested as the other three, but I am sure she is supporting her husband.

Another factor is that although the foundation was certainly not a failure, it could have been run better. The foundation has been subject to high level scrutiny and criticism and it must be hard not to take that personally. In stressful situations like that, it only natural to exaggerate differences or even try and assess blame.

As has been stated by others, none of us knows what their real relationship is. Some people have been insisting that William and Harry stopped being close when Harry went into the military. Yet, Harry revealed that William intervened when Harry was having difficulty coping. What’s more, Harry trusted William enough to listen and take the difficult steps of admitting he had a problem and working to resolve it. That anecdote alone disproves allegations that the comradery they display during joint appearances is all a big act.

Even if William, Katherine and Meghan are not completely compatible, I doubt their situation is different than that of many other families who are able to continue to stay in touch and be supportive of each other. In my family, some people are closer than other, but that doesn’t stop us from socializing with everyone. The four of them just seem too well-mannered to let things get to a breaking point.

If their relationship is not strained, I hope they are at least laughing at the public speculation (although it can’t be very funny to them). On the other hand, if they are going through a rough patch, I hope it is of short duration.

I love this. Indeed. Even if they are royals, they are also humans like us. Their lives are just changing.

Absolutely agree and I think a lot of people forget this. The media expects the royals to be on their best behaviour at all times, even behind closed doors. However, behind closed doors, relationships may and probably have faded or become closer as that's a natural part of life. I'm sure many of us here have people in our lives who we're closer to, and who we now no longer talk to. I know I do, both ways.

Absolutely agree and I think a lot of people forget this. The media expects the royals to be on their best behaviour at all times, even behind closed doors. However, behind closed doors, relationships may and probably have faded or become closer as that's a natural part of life. I'm sure many of us here have people in our lives who we're closer to, and who we now no longer talk to. I know I do, both ways.

I couldn't agree more. Yes, people might not get along at times, but that doesn't mean they are fighting. Royals grow up too like us. We can't expect Harry to be always that little brother to William. We too in our own lives experience this. Royals or not, we experience the same thing.

My understanding was that "back in the day" say 80s/90s the Michael's were allowed to work commercially hence, IMO,why the Queen has not bestowed such orders/honours on them. Likewise she has not done so with her grandchildren who work in paying jobs.

The difference is that the Michael's still have HRH and do some charity events but really I guess we would class them like Eugenie and Beatrice are now.

My view is that we do not know which of the Queen's grand children / spouses of grandchildren have the RFO, as we have not seen those ladies dressed for events where wearing an RFO would be appropriate.

There has been a dicussion here lately about the relationship betweet William and Harry. I read this post on Quora and I just wanted to share it. I don’t know how much of it is tue, but it echo’s what some here have been saying.

William was introduced to Meghan in 2016 when she stayed with Harry at Kensington Palace.

William and Harry had always been close, as we would expect when losing their much loved mother while they were both young.

William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one.

Harry became angry, accusing his brother of trying to finish his romance before it had begun. The brothers' close relationship has never recovered.

Other members of the Royal family sided with William. Meghan’s nose was further pushed out when she expected to go to Kate’s sister’s wedding. The Middletons didn’t want Meghan to attend. Harry, again, rushing to Meghan’s defense, played his face and a compromise was reached, allowing her to attend the evening reception.

Prince Charles asked a senior member of his staff to talk to Meghan about repairing her deteriorating relationship with her father. But it didn't make any difference. Meghan was stubborn, dug her heels in, and cut her father out of her life. Harry told her he wasn’t happy with this. He had lost his mother, and valued having both a mother and father.

Some people writing on Quora say there are Meghan haters here. Do these haters include William, Kate, Prince Philip and other members of the Royal Family who have concerns for Harry. I’ve never met anyone who hates her. They don’t even know her, but they all want more than anything to see Diana’s youngest son happy and contented.

https://qr.ae/TWtPrz

There has been a dicussion here lately about the relationship betweet William and Harry. I read this post on Quora and I just wanted to share it. I don’t know how much of it is tue, but it echo’s what some here have been saying.

Can we stop already? I thought this forum was based on fact? Now we have this? Who is the source, according to Quora it is written by someone named Graham Short who presents himself as Micro-artist - European swimming champion - Public speaker. What are his sources? He is a journalist, an member of the BRF? Quora, a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, and edited by Internet users in the form of opinions is now a source here. Nothing is vetted, sources are basically anybody on the internet?

It sounds like a bunch of tabloid gossip cobbled together with a bit of spices thrown in.

Victoria Arbiter said before Pippa's wedding that the sources close to Middletons said they invited Meghan to the entire thing.

Ultimately, Harry didn't just disregard everything and married Meghan. He had to request permission from his grandmother, The Queen, who gave it. So apparently, there was enough support from the top lady. And I find it funny that anyone would believe someone on Quora would have purview to a private conversation between Harry and Meghan.

Sounds like a Mills and Boon.
Somebody has taken a couple of facts ( I am probably generous saying a couple) and made up a whole story.

It sounds like a bunch of tabloid gossip cobbled together with a bit of spices thrown in.

Victoria Arbiter said before Pippa's wedding that the sources close to Middletons said they invited Meghan to the entire thing.

Ultimately, Harry didn't just disregard everything and married Meghan. He had to request permission from his grandmother, The Queen, who gave it. So apparently, there was enough support from the top lady. And I find it funny that anyone would believe someone on Quora would have purview to a private conversation between Harry and Meghan.

It seemed to be generally thought at the time of Pippas wedding that Meghan had opted to stay away from the church so as not to take away from the bride's day. The photographers would have been all over Meghan and Harry if they had appeared in public. They had shown consideration to Pippa on her wedding day.

Can we stop already? I thought this forum was based on fact? Now we have this? Who is the source, according to Quora it is written by someone named Graham Short who presents himself as Micro-artist - European swimming champion - Public speaker. What are his sources? He is a journalist, an member of the BRF? Quora, a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, and edited by Internet users in the form of opinions is now a source here. Nothing is vetted, sources are basically anybody on the internet?

Based on fact?? Here?? Come on... most people either post the DM or whatever tabloid or they vent their own thoughts based on nothing but emotions and when anyone here dares to become critical of them they are told it’s “free speech”.

There is nothing in this comment that hasn’t been voiced by people here and according to the comments he knows people who work for the BRF. That makes this person about as reliable as plenty of journalists out there.

Based on fact?? Here?? Come on... most people either post the DM or whatever tabloid or they vent their own thoughts based on nothing but emotions and when anyone here dares to become critical of them they are told it’s “free speech”.

There is nothing in this comment that hasn’t been voiced by people here and according to the comments he knows people who work for the BRF. That makes this person about as reliable as plenty of journalists out there.

Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis.

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion. He quite clearly writes

"William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one."

Unless this person was in the house at the time this occurred, or is friends (and can prove) with William and or the RF there is no possible way he can know these things so asserting them as fact is misrepresentation in my eyes which is not what this forum is about. So frankly he is about as unreliable as the journalists.

Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis......

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion.......
Unless this person was in the house at the time this occurred, or is friends (and can prove) with William and or the RF there is no possible way he can know these things so asserting them as fact is misrepresentation in my eyes which is not what this forum is about. So frankly he is about as unreliable as the journalists.

In some ways even more damaging and unreliable than the journalists, because, as you pointed out, at least the reporters for DM and similar give an indication of where or how they might have heard something. This all reads as fantasy, and it is exactly the kind of thing I have seen repeated on royal blogs as fact over and over again until a significant number of people think it actually is a fact--as we've seen over and over on this forum.

Whilst I agree with you that the Daily Mail is not fact, they make every effort in their articles to state that. It's always sources, information, rumours etc. If they stated what they claimed as fact they'd be sued on a daily basis.

The Quora comment, the writer is stating everything as fact and not their own opinion. He quite clearly writes

"William sat Harry down for what was meant to be a brotherly chat, during which he advised him to take things slowly with Meghan.

William told his brother they knew nothing about her background, her intentions or what she was really like. He just wanted to stress that becoming part of the royal family is a massive undertaking, and the pressure and scrutiny is unrelenting. He asked Harry if Meghan was the right one."

Reading this latest "truth" on the brother's split reminds me so very much of reading Katie Nicholl's book that came out around the time of the Cambridge's wedding where she states as fact that it was on a private, romantic picnic in Africa after the couple were reunited, that they pledged to marry each other someday.

Did Nicholl morph into the proverbial ant at the picnic to glean this information? I don't think so. It smacks of pure fabrication and hearsay as does this bit of information from Quora. Everybody wants to eat up and pig out on personal tidbits about the private lives of people and there's always someone out there willing to bake the pie and throw whatever ingredients into it to make it more appealing.

Personally, I'll call it hogwash. :D

Maybe everyone who reports these highly private chats can literally turn themselves into bugs like the "journalist" in Harry Potter.

Rumours get repeated until they become fact, we've seen that over and over. Half the things, even long standing things, we think we know about royals interpersonal relationship have never been more than rumours. Posters on this forum itself even gets quoted in articles sometimes. Quora is about as reliable as a Wikipedia page when it comes to famous people.

It seemed to be generally thought at the time of Pippas wedding that Meghan had opted to stay away from the church so as not to take away from the bride's day. The photographers would have been all over Meghan and Harry if they had appeared in public. They had shown consideration to Pippa on her wedding day.

It was. The press was waiting with baited breath and I can't count how many reference to the Cambridges attending a wedding together before their engagement was announced (meaning, an engagement announce for Meghan and Harry would be imminent). So, yes, attention would've been taken away from the couple. In fact, The Sun used a paparazzi photo of Meghan leaving a salon that week and titled it War of the Bums. :nonono:

Last edited:
A year into Meghan and Harry's marriage, I wonder if the late Princess Margaret would get along with Meghan?

I wonder if Princess Anne gets along with her niece-in-law Meghan?

These conversations have to continue because a lot of people see royal families as cold, distant like their own families these days.

How many people have actually spoken to their cousins, aunts, uncles, even grandparents, let alone their brothers and sisters?

A year into Meghan and Harry's marriage, I wonder if the late Princess Margaret would get along with Meghan?

I wonder if Princess Anne gets along with her niece-in-law Meghan?

These conversations have to continue because a lot of people see royal families as cold, distant like their own families these days.

How many people have actually spoken to their cousins, aunts, uncles, even grandparents, let alone their brothers and sisters?

A good portion of people also see this royal family as human beings and deserve the right to a private life like the rest of us do.

All families are different and familial relationships within them are as unique as the people having them.

Can I suggest that in order to glean more information of this royal family and the people within it, you read Robert Hardman's "Our Queen" released in 2011? Any Hardman book is well researched and factual and "Our Queen" has members of the British royal family themselves talking to the author about their family. ?

I also have a question for you. After reading your postings over time, I've noticed just how you strive to address a royal by their proper royal titles and their relationships to each other. Can I ask you why then do you refer to The Duchess of Sussex as "Meghan" only? That one has me scratching my head here.

Last edited:
Hopefully, William and Harry, can put the rumors of a rift between them to bed during their upcoming polo event. It’s just something that needs to be put behind them and allow the media to move on.

Hopefully, William and Harry, can put the rumors of a rift between them to bed during their upcoming polo event. It’s just something that needs to be put behind them and allow the media to move on.

Let's hope it is not a forced get together as that could cause more damage than good.

Well, I don’t think anything is forced. It’s for charity. They are the only ones that can put the drama and story in the past.

Well, I don’t think anything is forced. It’s for charity. They are the only ones that can put the drama and story in the past.
The media can put the drama and the story in the past. They're responsible for them in the first place.

The media can put the drama and the story in the past. They're responsible for them in the first place.

William and Harry have to take the lead on this one. The media will follow their lead.

You have to admit William and Harry haven’t been helping this drama for months. They are the ones that can put this drama to bed. More harmony on their front will lead to some harmony on the media front.

Why in the world should either William or Harry put on a dog and pony show just to appease stories that come out in the tabloids about their private lives which really they have no right to know about in the first place?

Actually, I'm tending to believe that the more the press keeps harping on unfounded rumors and innuendo, the more the Cambridges and the Sussexes are going to dig their heels in to assure that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They are public figures, yes, and work publicly for the "Firm" and the monarchy but there's a big red line drawn in the sand now to differentiate between their public roles and duties and engagements and tours and their own personal and private lives.

Why in the world should either William or Harry put on a dog and pony show just to appease stories that come out in the tabloids about their private lives which really they have no right to know about in the first place?

Actually, I'm tending to believe that the more the press keeps harping on unfounded rumors and innuendo, the more the Cambridges and the Sussexes are going to dig their heels in to assure that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They are public figures, yes, and work publicly for the "Firm" and the monarchy but there's a big red line drawn in the sand now to differentiate between their public roles and duties and engagements and tours and their own personal and private lives.

No one is asking them to put on a “dog and pony show.” William and Harry have to make it known that everything is good between them. They’re not going to do that by what they’ve been doing for months now — publicly avoiding each other outside of big family events.

Doing a bro-polo match for charity - like the good ol’ days - will do some good on all fronts. We just need to get back to some normal around this place. It’s been nothing but pure hell for far too long, IMO.

William and Harry have to take the lead on this one. The media will follow their lead.

You have to admit William and Harry haven’t been helping this drama for months. They are the ones that can put this drama to bed. More harmony on their front will lead to some harmony on the media front.
No, I don't have to admit William and Harry haven't been helping this drama. I haven't read any credible evidence there even is a drama. First the media informed us there was a rift between Catherine and Meghan. Now it's William and Harry. Gotta sell those stories.

No, I don't have to admit William and Harry haven't been helping this drama. I haven't read any credible evidence there even is a drama. First the media informed us there was a rift between Catherine and Meghan. Now it's William and Harry. Gotta sell those stories.

It’s true. William and Harry haven’t been helping matters on their front.

I’ve been royal watching for many, many years now. I’m the first one to call the media out on their nonsense, but it’s not just the media this time. I have to call a bull a bull, here.

It’s true. William and Harry haven’t been helping matters on their front.

I’ve been royal watching for many, many years now. I’m the first one to call the media out on their nonsense, but it’s not just the media this time. I have to call a bull a bull, here.

I agree with this. When royal watching it can be hard to parse out what is really going on behind the scenes, so one of the most useful things is to look at patterns. Patterns in behavior, patterns to the reporting (remember that frequently what is reported is the result of a tip-off from an insider), patterns to repeating stories, and so on. That's how we found out that much of what had been reported in the tabloid press for years about the rift in Charles and Diana's marriage actually had a basis in fact. So patterns can be very significant, and this pattern we see developing here is not a good one, and if it has no basis in fact, then the brothers need to get ahead of the curve and put it to rest.

No one is asking them to put on a “dog and pony show.” William and Harry have to make it known that everything is good between them. They’re not going to do that by what they’ve been doing for months now — publicly avoiding each other outside of big family events.

Doing a bro-polo match for charity - like the good ol’ days - will do some good on all fronts. We just need to get back to some normal around this place. It’s been nothing but pure hell for far too long, IMO.

Perhaps they are not thtat close any more....

I agree with this. Going out of their way to say oh we are ok is actually more suspicious in my mind. I don't see how the amount of interaction they have in public life is any different than HM's children. They are grown adults, obviously they are going to have more separate lives than when they were younger.

I agree with this. When royal watching it can be hard to parse out what is really going on behind the scenes, so one of the most useful things is to look at patterns. Patterns in behavior, patterns to the reporting (remember that frequently what is reported is the result of a tip-off from an insider), patterns to repeating stories, and so on. That's how we found out that much of what had been reported in the tabloid press for years about the rift in Charles and Diana's marriage actually had a basis in fact. So patterns can be very significant, and this pattern we see developing here is not a good one, and if it has no basis in fact, then the brothers need to get ahead of the curve and put it to rest.

Entirely different situations. One is of husband and wife, a relationship that is expected to remain close between two adults, and the other is between siblings, a relationship that is not unusual to see less interaction as they grow into adults. All we know is that they are splitting their working relationship, which is not unusual for adults. People might have a short memory, but Andrew and Edward once even shared a Private Secretary. Those are not sustainable situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom