Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story baffles me how and what could have Meghan done at a 3 year old s dress fitting that Kate would cry ? Can’t think of any scenario at all !

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day, that’s the media’s goal. They want some sparks going on social media. They also want a response from the royals and Palace.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with either Kate or Meghan! This is an imaginary 'war' created by the media and social media!

Unfortunately, there are those who believe this drivel wholeheartedly! I hope the security forces are keeping an eye on this because this kind of fanaticism can lead to these so-called 'fans' acting in an extreme way to the point that either Kate and Meghan will be targeted and can get hurt!

Last edited:
Whoever is leaking at KP the stunt is backfiring

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...kle-kate-middleton-feud-clash-team-meghan/amp

Meghan and Kate fans are fighting and it can get ugly really fast. The blabbermouth apparently didn't count on social media blowback. No one looks good.

If you are old enough to remember Diana and Sarah and what the media made of them... that was the same and no social media back then.

It is apparent that Harry loves Kate as a very dear sister, so why shouldn't Meghan? These two don't appear to dislike each other when they are together and it is clear that Kate, who has married the higher ranked brother, has already 3 children und has endured these media games for most of this century now, is not one to push her sister-in-law down. Whatever she is feeling (and I think she likes Meghan), she is far too professional to let it show. While Meghan surely is really thankful for every tip she gets from the much more experienced Kate.

A good example IMHO that both are well aware of these games but decided to not play a part they didn't choose is how they coordinate their clothes. When both have a public engagement at the same time, they try to wear clthes as similar as possible to make such ugly comments nearly impossible, for you cannot critizise one when the other does the same. Plus I think Kate is the one of the "Fab Four" who has the most understanding for Meghan, because she's been here, done that.

Exactly! This is NOT FUNNY ANYMORE! These are people's lives! When one of these fanatics hurt either Kate or Meghan, then what?

As royal watchers, we all know, that live at a court can be full of intrigues and the ground there is sometimes extremly slippery - And in England especially with it's crazy press.

Meghan should/could have known this and if I understand it right, then William married Kate that late, because he wanted her well prepared for the hell of public attention awaiting her.

It is, what it is.

Exactly! This is NOT FUNNY ANYMORE! These are people's lives! When one of these fanatics hurt either Kate or Meghan, then what?

Then the press has real stories and not just clickbait. But you are all right to hope that Meghan doesn't care.

As for fanatics, few are so resourceful to be able to come near the Royals and they have guards with them all the time who look out and surely spot strange behavior.

few are so resourceful to be able to come near

I agree - 'keyboard warriors' are essentially harmless in reality, despite being poisonous on the 'interweb'...

Then the press has real stories and not just clickbait. But you are all right to hope that Meghan doesn't care.

As for fanatics, few are so resourceful to be able to come near the Royals and they have guards with them all the time who look out and surely spot strange behavior.

This is true. Meghan has stated in an interview before the engagement that she's learned to turn off the "noise". I don't think she's tuning into tabloid and press articles every morning to see what they're saying about her. If there's something that she needs to know, her staff or security will advise her.

Its everyday people like we are that are eating up the tabloid gossip and keeping it alive by musing over tidbits here. We're the target audience of this kind of media. They know well that Meghan, herself, will not react or respond in any way but the general public does. It is their bread and butter on the table. Their kind of headlines are the kind I pass on.

Meghan's security is very well trained and alert at all times and it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get past them to do harm to Meghan.

The truth of the matter really is that we will never really know what's happening deep inside the relationship between the Cambridges and the Sussexes or within the RF as a whole or at KP unless something happens that can't be hidden like a divorce or one of those four speaks to the media and we all know that's never going to happen. So, even though we all have our perceptions and biases, there's really no way to know who's right and who's wrong.

So much of this really is perception and that's different for every single one of us based on our own experiences. Where some people find Meghan to be driven and determined and a go-getter who hit the ground running (by the way, can I just say how much I despise that particular phrase:bang:) others will see her as pushy, demanding, exhausting, and divisive. Where some see Kate as poised, well-mannered, and overtly suitable as a future queen, others will see her as a social climber and a snobby schemer. It's all in perception and you don't have to be around here very long to realize which posters like which duchess and which posters strongly dislike which duchess. Rarely do I see posters fall in that in between area where they like both. Almost all posters seem to be inherently drawn to one or the other and have strong feelings about why that particular duchess can do no wrong or at least rarely set a foot wrong.

We definitely are the media's target audience here but as much as we all have our own impressions of Meghan and Harry, as well as the rest of the RF, they really are just the impressions we have and nothing more and definitely nothing to get so defensive and worked up about.

We definitely are the media's target audience here but as much as we all have our own impressions of Meghan and Harry, as well as the rest of the RF, they really are just the impressions we have and nothing more and definitely nothing to get so defensive and worked up about.

Very, very well put, Heather. Its our differences in perception that make the conversations here so much more interesting.

..... It's all in perception and you don't have to be around here very long to realize which posters like which duchess and which posters strongly dislike which duchess. Rarely do I see posters fall in that in between area where they like both. Almost all posters seem to be inherently drawn to one or the other and have strong feelings about why that particular duchess can do no wrong or at least rarely set a foot wrong....

I agree with most of your post with the exception of the snippet quoted above. While both Meghan and Catherine have their ardent fans on these boards, I would say that my observation is that the majority of posters fall somewhere in the middle, giving equal or almost equal applause and criticism depending on the situation. I'd include myself in that somewhere-in-the-middle group since like many of the posters I've been watching royals for a very long time, have seen "stars" come and go, and am really more interested in royalty in general than any particular royal. Just go outside the BRF threads and you get a much better picture of where posters' interests lie.

Aside from that, I think you're right on the mark.

what we know is that there were rumours on tension between william and harry. we didn't hear about this tension beforehand. they seemed to have grown quite close, specially following diana's death. then came kate, and she has been in the family for 7 years, yet we didn't hear about tension caused by her appearance. now harry marries meghan, meghan enters the picture and all of a sudden we hear about 'tensions'. then there are a range of staff resignations of people working for harry and meghan. i mean... it is hard for the media not to assume that something about meghan has upset the balance.

i guess only time will tell what is happening, or maybe not. kate is well trained, professional and reserved, whilst meghan is too smart to let this show. however, these reports come from a variety of sources, some more serious, some less serious, so it is not that it was reported by just one media outlet.

What staff resigned? ELF? Who announced his retirement LAST YEAR before Meghan even moved to London? Samantha who was retiring but was asked by the Queen to transition the Sussexes and remain for 6 months, yet still is with time after many more months?
Or was it 'Melissa' the 'super important, super exclusive palace aid, who was integral for the planing of their wedding in May' but apparently only joined the staff in April? Melissa who despite being described by the trash mags as 'Meghan's closest aid' has NEVER been seen or heard of before?

I didn't believe in the rumours that there's bad blood between Meghan and Catherine for one second. The descriptions of Meghan bossing Catherine around so much to the extent that she cried doesn't match the impression I get of their characters at all. Both women seem sensible and professional enough not to cause such a ruckus over the fitting of a dress. I can believe that it was somewhat a struggle to get Charlotte to stand still for her dress fitting because she's a very lively and adventurous child, though it wouldn't cause any rift or argument between Meghan and Catherine.
The Sun seem to be particularly keen on damaging Meghan's image and reputation. I noticed they also did this with Catherine when she was newly married to William.

Yes, Meghan is obviously the throne in the eyes of certain media circles - the narrative is fully out there. It's pathetic how transparent they are. But it should be mentioned that the RRs are so emboldened now that they are not even pretending to implicitly hint at their 'views'. This is not the twisted mind of a few - there is a clear agenda. One that is deemed to be lucrative as all of it plays into the notions of 'othering'. Roles have been handed out the second Harry dared to get upset by the press' abuse of his partner.

do you mean that they are doing this now, several months after H&M married because of a warning harry issued years ago? that seems like a stretch of someone's imagination. as if all media outlets coordinated to make sure they tell the same story, at the right time based on something that happened years ago, as if they did not have other important things to report on, such as maybe eugenie's wedding, charles' 80th birthday or even the tour down under the sussexes did. shortly they will have all the christmas celebrations of the royals, so they are not lacking in photo-ops and major events this year to need to create audience.

From what I recall of the Kate crying at Charlotte's fitting story, there was no actual mention that Meghan was present. It did say this was shortly after Louis's birth and Kate was more emotional at the time. While I agree it could have been due to Charlotte acting up, I thought it could have been something as simple as seeing Charlotte in the dress. Something along the lines of - Oh, you look so pretty (or cute) and the tears start.

do you mean that they are doing this now, several months after H&M married because of a warning harry issued years ago? that seems like a stretch of someone's imagination. as if all media outlets coordinated to make sure they tell the same story, at the right time based on something that happened years ago, as if they did not have other important things to report on, such as maybe eugenie's wedding, charles' 80th birthday or even the tour down under the sussexes did. shortly they will have all the christmas celebrations of the royals, so they are not lacking in photo-ops and major events this year to need to create audience.

Actually, Richard Palmer have whined about that letter in recent months, so it's not a stretch in people's imagination. And all this story that's coming out now, it's based on things that happened nearing the beginning of the year, which begs the question, why now all of sudden?

What staff resigned? ELF? Who announced his retirement LAST YEAR before Meghan even moved to London? Samantha who was retiring but was asked by the Queen to transition the Sussexes and remain for 6 months, yet still is with time after many more months?
Or was it 'Melissa' the 'super important, super exclusive palace aid, who was integral for the planing of their wedding in May' but apparently only joined the staff in April? Melissa who despite being described by the trash mags as 'Meghan's closest aid' has NEVER been seen or heard of before?

THIS. Melissa was close to Meghan and pivotal to her that we've NEVER seen her with Meghan. It's consistently been Amy Pickerill that's with Meghan. I would think if Meghan is so difficult that Amy would be the first to leave. Yet Amy looks quite happy whenever we see her and Meghan. ELF's departure was expected by many RRs when it was announced. So I'm not sure how his, and Samantha's Cohen's future departure, is now being blamed on Meghan. And that somehow means she's upsetting the balance between Harry and his brother and sister in law.

Last edited:
Regarding the tabloid mud that is being slung, what the hell ever. What else is new...build the new girl up to tear her down. Also, people read what they want into these rumours based on whether or nor they 'like' a certain royal. For example, from reading Camilla Tominey's piece, it didn't say Meghan made Kate cry, but that Kate got emotional. That could be for a myriad of reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with Meghan, but heck, let's throw the new girl under the bus for good measure.

That is a nice video of Duchess Catherine. It’s a shame that certain tabloids and broadsheets sink to promoting was is likely fictional stories to create unneeded animosity. Thankfully other publications don’t have such low standards.

The Sun’s portrayal of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle as mortal enemies is just more misogyny

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...nd-meghan-markle-mortal-enemies-just-more#amp

That is a nice video of Duchess Catherine. It’s a shame that certain tabloids and broadsheets sink to promoting was is likely fictional stories to create unneeded animosity. Thankfully other publications don’t have such low standards.

The Sun’s portrayal of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle as mortal enemies is just more misogyny

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...nd-meghan-markle-mortal-enemies-just-more#amp
Now I make a point of NOT READING anything in the tabloïds about that supposed feud !What hurts me is that they cannot reply and deny it and the fact a lot of people will beleive it !:bang:

:previous: Well, when it comes to Fake News, I think the paps have it cornered in the UK.

Question: What made Catherine cry? Was Charlotte's dress too big or too small or, could it be that these flower girl dresses marked her baby girl's growth from toddler to pre-school and suddenly she is oh so very grown up and making her preferences known and taking charge!

Question: Does moving to Frogmore mean a declaration of war between William and Harry and toss in their wives for fun? Didn't William and Catherine essentially spend the first three to four years raising their children in the wilds of Wales and then Amner Hall? In that case, it is hardly surprising that H & M should follow suit and make the same choice and move into a rural home provided by HM?

This is all just nasty, vile stuff, trying to take the gilt off the gingerbread and making William, Harry, Catherine and Meghan look bad and sound worse. The only way to beat it is to refuse to become part of the narrative.

This must be one of the most difficult things to adjust to when marrying into the BRF - learning to silently put up with all the lies and half-truths published by the press. William and Harry aren't fans of the media to begin with & this c**p must make their blood boil.

:previous: Well, when it comes to Fake News, I think the paps have it cornered in the UK. Honestly, the Queen in a snit because Meghan is going to wear ice white at her wedding and a veil to boot.

Question: What made Catherine cry? Was Charlotte's dress too big or too small or, could it be that these flower girl dresses marked her baby girl's growth from toddler to pre-school and suddenly she is oh so very grown up and making her preferences known and taking charge!

Question: Does moving to Frogmore mean a declaration of war between William and Harry and toss in their wives for fun? Didn't William and Catherine essentially spend the first three to four years raising their children in the wilds of Wales and then Amner Hall? In that case, it is hardly surprising that H & M should follow suit and make the same choice and move into a rural home provided by HM?

This is all just nasty, vile stuff, trying to take the gilt off the gingerbread and making William, Harry, Catherine and Meghan look bad and sound worse. The only way to beat it is to refuse to become part of the narrative.

You made such good points; especially about William and Kate they moved and then moved to Anmer Hall after marriage and starting of their family,and that was a good thing for them and their family.
Now Harry also wants room to raise his family, and that's a good thing too.

Just a reminder, this thread is about the relationship between royals. Comments about Meghan's interactions with royal staff, her wedding tiara and how royal reporters/the media treat her, are all off-topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

This story baffles me how and what could have Meghan done at a 3 year old s dress fitting that Kate would cry ? Can’t think of any scenario at all !

I'm not sure of course, but I'll share personally... I share an August 4th birth date with Meghan, Obama, The Queen Mother, Abigail Spencer (actress), and Richard Belzer (actor, retired from on Law and Order, SVU).

In my younger days, I made a cousin cry.

Happened when we had different viewpoints on a shared situation (whether she had rights to borrow a car without asking first. Car belonged to & was insured by my father for the use of my three brothers and myself. All of us lived at different places in the same college town), and I asserted myself when she crossed boundaries. I would say that there were two valid sides to the situation, and (perhaps unsurprisingly) still feel I was not wrong in my viewpoint. Her valid point would be that when I got pissed off, my tone was truly sharp. I could most definitely have been kinder in the way I let my thoughts be known. To my knowledge, she's the only person I've made cry. 30 years later, after 7 yrs of the silent treatment from said cousin, I have her blocked on Facebook. We were clearly never a compatible pair, but I'll admit it's embarassing to admit I have such a poor family relationship.

The stress of a wedding into a Royal family in a country one is not native to matched with someone newly a mother to a third child seems like the ideal scenario for similar emotions/snippiness to arise.

I surely hope and feel likely Kate and Meghan are more compatible than my cousin and I. In favor of this is Kate's solid, healthy, family-oriented emotional intelligence. Jury's out on Meghan. I'd expect she's truly independent and a genuine driven free spirit, who might rather go it alone than buy in long term to compromises she just doesn't care for. Again, my source is my own personality. I constantly fight myself to put up with situations not of my choosing, a major challenge for me. I get very fixed, solid and strong - like a bulldozer. For me- if forced to deal with something I don't like or stymied long term, it's a question of when -not if- I'm gonna fold, cut my losses and walk away.

Meghan's relations with William may be tougher, though. He might not view the interactions between Meghan and his wife kindly, and I'd expect his wife would have some significant emotional support from him.

That cousin I mentioned? She is also born under the sign of Cancer.
Just sayin'.

Fire and Water can really be tough together.
For me, anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom