The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Nobility

This is why they do not respond to every story..

Old 10-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it's time the family have a big private meeting pronto. Figure out a way to handle all this.

It would do wonders if there could be some joint appearances (other than family holiday settings). Doesn't have to be all of them at one time....Meghan and Camilla, Sophie and Meghan, Anne and Meghan, Beatrice and Meghan, Sophie and Camilla etc. They all stay in their own 'boxes' too much IMO. It just lends to the idea of family disharmony.

LaRae
I don't know if that would help much.
When Meghan attended Wimbledon with Kate and Pippa, there were lots of sneers about how staged it was.

And at this point, it would probably be too little too late, as someone said.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Have Kings really brothers?

In a trailer for the upcoming movie "King Henry" Falstaff says: King have not friends - only vasalls and foes.

But have they brothers? As kids perhaps. But later on one will become King and the other step by step the no longer needed Spare-Part-Prince, not much more than a mere noble man (but much poorer than some).

Is this a good basis for a brotherly relationship? Only if they accept, that it is what it is!
Old 10-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

In the past Royal 'younger brothers' were very often a serious threat... but these days they cannot 'bump off' their elder brother to gain power.. sibling rivalry in inevitable in almost every such relationship.. Royal Families are no exception,,
Old 10-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

There wouldn't even be a problem if royal aides at Buckingham and Kensington could look at the bigger picture instead of the couple they're working for and not beyond that. I have no doubt Harry knows his place in the family. It's the fractured sections within the family and the households that seem to be fighting eachother and causing trouble.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
There wouldn't even be a problem if royal aides at Buckingham and Kensington could look at the bigger picture instead of the couple they're working for and not beyond that. I have no doubt Harry knows his place in the family. It's the fractured sections within the family and the households that seem to be fighting eachother and causing trouble.
Do you know all this as facts.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Do you know all this as facts.
I imagine Empress Merel does not, but that's clear from the post as they use words like I & Seem, which show they're stating their opinion.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I have no doubt Harry knows his place in the family.
I have absolutely no doubt that at one time Harry both knew and understood very well the place he occupies in the hierarchy. However, I also think that for some reason, be it the influence of his wife, a change in his mental health, a sudden realization of time passing and mortality and the inevitable fact that in the not so distant future all of their places will change, or maybe a combination of all of those things and more, he decided he was no longer content to live and work and function within that spot. I really think there's a pretty drastic shake up occurring at the moment on the Sussex front and I find myself more and more sure that the rest of the family is simply trying to figure out what to make of it and how (or even whether) they should step in in some way. It happens, I've been there. I've watched a family member or two seemingly spiral with no real clear indication of what precipitated it or what might be the cause and we all had to watch for a bit to figure out if and when to step in and how to do that. I do think, though, that this documentary might very well be the straw the broke the camel's back or the final catalyst that will induce some sort of action by the family and that six week break might be that first step in a series of actions yet to come. I'm not even really sure that we, the public, might see or know about all of the steps or actions but we might see some of it play out in public.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Some interesting things in this article--

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...archy-despite/

here is one of them--

"Another told the Evening Standard that the Duchess, who told the programme “not many people ask me if I’m ok”, had been offered support by senior members of the Royal Family including the Queen and Prince of Wales who had "gone out of their way" to help".
Old 10-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Closed for moderator review.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings