The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the royal family weren’t okay with the attacks that, Meghan, has been hit with throughout this summer, we would’ve heard it by now. The outside forces would be writing about how The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William and their aides aren’t happy with these unfair and gross attacks. The royals have a way of letting the outside forces know they’re going too far.

What folks are saying is that, Meghan, should just sit down and take the abuse on the chin.

I can picture what the family could be saying...

“Hey, Meghan, it’s not that bad that there’s an unfair smear campaign launched against you. Just focus on your duties and let them abuse you until they grow tired and maybe -just maybe- they will finally accept you for who you are.”

“Hey, Harry, don’t release a statement scolding the outside forces because they launched an unfair smear campaign against your wife throughout her pregnancy and while she was on maternity leave. Really, man, what the hell are you thinking?.”

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I'm sure Harry & Meghan had the opportunity to visit with the Queen and or Charles in Scotland and be seen going to church with them as well, but they did not go up to Scotland to visit them. Don't put that on the Queen or Charles.

I don't recall statements of support for Catherine when the press was being hateful to her the first years after the wedding--and they were vicious. Go back and read some of the threads from that time.

And BTW, a comment about Catherine during an interview about other things, probably because Harry was asked a question about her pregnancy, is not the same a formal statement of support.
I am believe that the press was probably a little unkind to Catherine at first. But I find it hard to believe that they were near as vicious as they have been to Meghan since the beginning.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

The outside forces did not launch a massive smear campaign against the Duchess of Cambridge. Now, she was attack during the courtship for not for not having some big time job and not coming from an aristocratic family that they thought William should’ve been dating, but Catherine didn’t face what, Meghan, is currently facing.

Yeah, Harry stood up to the press for both his stepmother and sister in-law. He didn’t have to release a formal statement. He stop up for them right in front of the outside forces face. He didn’t bite his tongue either. Not one person in the family has done that for Harry’s wife. Not one.

Also, Meghan, hasn’t done anything wrong to receive the abusive treatment she is receiving. So the whole argument that she and/or Harry have done something wrong to receive this kind of unfair treatment is bogus.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessblack View Post
I am believe that the press was probably a little unkind to Catherine at first. But I find it hard to believe that they were near as vicious as they have been to Meghan since the beginning.
A main difference is that Catherine's immediate family closed ranks and never said a word, so she didn't have to deal with that, just Uncle Gary.
Many articles focused more on classism and the idea that because Catherine's mother's family was from the working class, Catherine did not know how to behave in the elevated circles of nobility and royalty and William tainted the blood pool by marrying her.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If the royal family weren’t okay with the attacks that, Meghan, has been hit with throughout this summer, we would’ve heard it by now. The outside forces would be writing about how The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William and their aides aren’t happy with these unfair and gross attacks. The royals have a way of letting the outside forces know they’re going too far.

What folks are saying is that, Meghan, should just sit down and take the abuse on the chin.

I can picture what the family could be saying...

“Hey, Meghan, it’s not that bad that there’s an unfair smear campaign launched against you. Just focus on your duties and let them abuse you until they grow tired and maybe -just maybe- they will finally accept you for who you are.”

“Hey, Harry, don’t release a statement scolding the outside forces because they launched an unfair smear campaign against your wife throughout her pregnancy and while she was on maternity leave. Really, man, what the hell are you thinking?.”
All of this is pure speculation and the kind of stuff the "outside forces" are wont to write about without any credible sources to back it up.

We have absolutely *no* idea what is going on behind palace doors in regards to what the BRF members think, feel, or if they're pleased, displeased, grumpy, sleepy, bashful or dopey when it comes to this situation. The drawbridge is up and the portcullis lowered and the moat is filled with flesh eating piranhas. They're not talking. Period.

We can read whatever we like into the machinations of the "inner circle" of the BRF but without any kind of credible source, its pure speculation on our part and to be honest, sometimes we're no better than what those "outside forces" seem to portray in their articles for click bait.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All of this is pure speculation and the kind of stuff the "outside forces" are wont to write about without any credible sources to back it up.

We have absolutely *no* idea what is going on behind palace doors in regards to what the BRF members think, feel, or if they're pleased, displeased, grumpy, sleepy, bashful or dopey when it comes to this situation. The drawbridge is up and the portcullis lowered and the moat is filled with flesh eating piranhas. They're not talking. Period.

We can read whatever we like into the machinations of the "inner circle" of the BRF but without any kind of credible source, its pure speculation on our part and to be honest, sometimes we're no better than what those "outside forces" seem to portray in their articles for click bait.
Well said, Osipi.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The press was very unkind toward Kate during the dating years. And also very vicious toward Chelsy too. Perhaps more intrusive with Chelsy too given the pics they would publish of her.

Kate's treatment changed when she married in, but make no mistake, the press still did things that were demeaning toward her. But through it all, she had large segments of the press who were very kind toward her and presented her as a breath of fresh air, a solid family that didn't add to the sordid soup, and was seemingly very supported by the BRF.

With that said, I have found the treatment of Meghan, since the beginning, to be even worse than Kate--and that is saying something. Despite the revisionist history going on by the media, they never treated Meghan well. The negative headlines were constant before the wedding too. Whereas Kate was given a blank slate around her wedding, Meghan was not.

And of course now, Kate can do no wrong. That narrative may change if they ever tire of dragging Meghan.

Other things are at play too. The rise of social media, the further influence of the 24 hour news cycle, and the multitude of new news sources all play a role in the sheer volume of Meghan coverage. I mean Meghan has her own tab on the DM now. Even at the height of Kate mania around the wedding and then again around George's birth, the volume wasn't so unwieldy.

But the point is that this is not a competition. Kate was treated badly for a time, but that doesn't detract from how badly Meghan is being treated now.

Neither woman deserve media abuse. They both deserve to be treated as human beings, not characters in some national drama. That doesn't foreclose on giving substantive critiques. I am no Kate at all and have critiques aplenty, but that is different than all out attacking her. I am obviously a Meghan fan but have critiques there too.

Meghan's treatment is absolutely abominable and driven by a lot of disgusting factors and isms. Both these things can be true without somehow being some value judgement on either woman.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Commoner

I have to say that I am especially disappointed in William. He used to impress me with the image of being very supportive and protective of his brother. Now it seems he has left him and his family to the wolves. There are ways to show support without a full statement. However, the BRF has appeared cold and for me that has changed how I look at them.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I totally agree with this full statement. I have to say that I am especially disappointed in William. He used to impress me with the image of being very supportive and protective of his brother. Now it seems he has left him and his family to the wolves. There are ways to show support without a full statement. However, the BRF has appeared cold and for me that has changed how I look at them.
Of course it could be described as it "appears to be". For all we know, they convene on a Saturday night under a full moon in the towers of Windsor Castle wearing period costumes from the royal archives, cackling with glee as they chant "don't let 'em read the ruby red of our lips" over and over while sipping the Queen's own special blend of honey mead. This strengthens their resolve to keep that stiff upper lip closed until the next full moon.

Of course I'm being facetious here. We just don't really *know* anything at all. At least I don't think I do.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Absolutely spot on...
Old 10-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

You know; people look at me weird because I’m interested in the British Royal Family. I have had family members and friends laugh in my face because I follow the Windsor’s and I have defended this family against attacks for a long time. I mean a very long time. Before social media became a thing. Now, I can’t defend the family on this because I can recognize when they’re doing something wrong. And not showing family unity during this smear campaign is wrong on so many levels.

I know the royal family are just like any other family. They have disagreements within the family just like all other families. Early last year, the Sussexes and Cambridges talked about this during the Royal Foundation Forum. But one thing that got them through all the disagreements is that they’ve stuck together no matter what. Where in the hell is the family on the this smear campaign?

The outside forces have taken things up a notch with Meghan. There’s no doubt about it. The woman was literally pregnant with her child and the forces pretty much treated her like crap for literally touching her bump. I mean, every pregnant woman I have ever seen as done the same thing, but when Meghan did it, it was treated as a sin from the Holy Bible.

Ever since Harry and Meghan came back from their previous royal tour from down under, the outside forces decided they must take this couple down - down all the way to China Town and it hasn’t stopped. The unfair smear campaign has snowballed into something that appears to be uncontrollable because they’re not getting a morsel of pushback from The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William and their aides. Not an ounce. That’s not only unfair but it’s cold. Colder than a Chicago winter.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The unfair smear campaign has snowballed into something that appears to be uncontrollable because they’re not getting a morsel of pushback from The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William and their aides. Not an ounce. That’s not only unfair but it’s cold. Colder than a Chicago winter.
Perhaps the Queen, Charles and William hae been consistently advising Meghan & Harry over the last 18 months, and H&M have consistently not followed their advice. Who knows?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well either way these next few weeks will be interesting.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Ever since Harry and Meghan came back from their previous royal tour from down under, the outside forces decided they must take this couple down all the way to China Town and it hasn’t stopped. The unfair smear campaign has snowballed into something that appears to be uncontrollable because they’re not getting a morsel of pushback from The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William and their aides. Not an ounce. That’s not only unfair but it’s cold. Colder than a Chicago winter.
Oh I'm definitely on board with you, Dman, when it comes to talking about following the Windsors and having those that you're talking to have their eyes glaze over and you can see their thoughts drifting away to places unknown. It happens all the time here. I'm thankful I have you and others here to debate different ins and outs about things on a daily basis. We can look at things from all angles and that makes for really good conversation.

Perhaps though we're looking for the kind of push back that is on par with what those infantile "outside forces" are exhibiting? In my thinking, pushing back using the same media and the aiming like kind of "official" statements directly to the instigators is playing their infantile game on the same infantile playground lobbying sticks and stones at the "bullies". Perhaps the BRF is above that? Perhaps the BRF chooses not to play their silly reindeer games and let their legal eagles handle this mess?

BTW: As far as a cold winter in Chicago, rumor has it that there is a lot of uncontrollable hell fire and damnation and fire and brimstone in "Chiraq" no matter what the season is.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Where in the hell is the family on the this smear campaign?
Just because the BRF isn't showing support the way some folks want them to show support does not mean they are not supportive in private.

We just don't know and the speculation here is almost as bad as the tabloids and social media.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Just because the BRF isn't showing support the way some folks want them to show support does not mean they are not supportive in private.

We just don't know and the speculation here is almost as bad as the tabloids and social media.
I'm also am beginning to wonder what level of "support" would satisfy everyone.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Let's move on please. Enough has been discussed as to whether or not the Royal Family are supportive of recent events in the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex - we are in danger of going round in circles with the exact same points being made over and over again with no conclusion.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Tom Bradby's article in The Sunday Times mentioned the following about the relationships between Harry & Meghan and the rest of the royal family, that I thought is at least worth mentioning here - given his relationship with the couple. Hope that's ok with the mods.

"Throw in the reports of difficulties, splits and tensions within the wider royal family - some untrue or exaggerated, but not all - …"

Harry himself on the 'rift between the brothers'.

My take: they will always be brothers but currently they are in the 'bad days'-phase.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Harry himself on the 'rift between the brothers'.

My take: they will always be brothers but currently they are in the 'bad days'-phase.
They've been here before, will probably be there again. I think they are on a bad turn, as you said, but as Harry said: no matter what they will love and support each other at the end of the day.

That is what I took away. I hope they heal whatever is festering soon. I think they both benefit from being close and will only continue to benefit as their responsibilities in the family continue to grow, especially William.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
A good portion of people also see this royal family as human beings and deserve the right to a private life like the rest of us do.

All families are different and familial relationships within them are as unique as the people having them.

Can I suggest that in order to glean more information of this royal family and the people within it, you read Robert Hardman's "Our Queen" released in 2011? Any Hardman book is well researched and factual and "Our Queen" has members of the British royal family themselves talking to the author about their family.

I also have a question for you. After reading your postings over time, I've noticed just how you strive to address a royal by their proper royal titles and their relationships to each other. Can I ask you why then do you refer to The Duchess of Sussex as "Meghan" only? That one has me scratching my head here.
I call her Meghan, Princess Harry, or The Duchess of Sussex.

Closed Thread

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings